Justin Zimmer is an intense individual

1997WS6

I went to training camp on Wednesday and Justin Zimmer was right in front of me. He didn’t talk to fans, and he didn’t talk to other players either. He just practiced what I would call burst off the line and hand fighting. 

his work ethic seems impressive to me!  Anyone else see that or know anything else about him?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

I went to training camp on Wednesday and Justin Zimmer was right in front of me. He didn’t talk to fans, and he didn’t talk to other players either. He just practiced what I would call burst off the line and hand fighting. 

his work ethic seems impressive to me!  Anyone else see that or know anything else about him?

Strangely, there seems to be an article about this:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/justin-zimmer-hopes-to-have-finally-found-a-permanent-nfl-home-in-buffalo/article_8cf95af6-f96e-11eb-be02-dfd4eb52ffcd.html

Talk about a methodical approach to improvement:

“I sat down and got a spreadsheet. I went through all my plays, got what position I was playing, what our call was, what pass rush move, what run stunt,” he said. “I kind of graded it out, saw what I did well, saw what I didn't do well. And then kind of put that as my areas of focus for the offseason.”

Zimmer’s biggest takeaway from that film study was a need to improve his performance immediately after the ball was snapped.

“When I was getting off the ball well, I was making plays, playing better,” he said. “And when my get off was inconsistent, I played inconsistent, and that was the biggest thing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

https://www.wivb.com/sports/nfl-journeyman-justin-zimmer-finally-gets-his-shot/

“I just try to go out and have as much of a well rounded game as possible. I work on run defense every day, I work on pass defense, whatever I see in the game that I didn’t do well, I’m going to go before practice every day and work on that,” Zimmer said. “Then whatever they put me in, whether it’s first down run stopper or it’s third and ten and they want me to rush the passer, I want to be able to do as many things as I can to help me get on the field.”

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well they do call him the quiet assassin

I think because he's been the underdog and his roster spot has never been secure, he feels an extra need to keep grinding

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, 1997WS6 said:

I went to training camp on Wednesday and Justin Zimmer was right in front of me. He didn’t talk to fans, and he didn’t talk to other players either. He just practiced what I would call burst off the line and hand fighting

image.thumb.png.7538d5f0499930eb8db1081044d8e875.png

Edited by Mr. WEO

1 hour ago, Chandler#81 said:

I see the makings of Kyle2.

The only difference is he came here quite a bit older. He’s been around the block. Still, the love should be there from fans in my opinion. He’s a gamer and plays beyond his weight. 

Edited by TroutDog
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://buffalonews.com/sports/bills/justin-zimmer-hopes-to-have-finally-found-a-permanent-nfl-home-in-buffalo/article_8cf95af6-f96e-11eb-be02-dfd4eb52ffcd.html

Excellent article, thanks!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Cue the overused terms to describe every white lineman in the NFL:

He's a blue collar player

He brings his lunch pail to work.

He's "high motor"

He's a grinder.

He's "sneaky athletic"

After he gets out of practice he hauls bales of hay around for fun 😂

Edited by Allen2Diggs
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I see the makings of Kyle2.

2 hours ago, dorquemada said:

I heard he can bend spoons with his mind

Glad somebody around here can see the resemblance!:wub:

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

https://www.wivb.com/sports/nfl-journeyman-justin-zimmer-finally-gets-his-shot/

I think because he's been the underdog and his roster spot has never been secure, he feels an extra need to keep grinding

:wub:

4 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

No no no I read on here for a while that Kyle2 was Phillips…he can be Kyle2.5

Why can't they both be Kyle's successor?!

51 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

The only difference is he came here quite a bit older. He’s been around the block. Still, the love should be there from fans in my opinion. He’s a gamer and plays beyond his weight. 

If I am not mistaken, Buffalo was where he came to originally as an in drafted free agent. So this was his first residence and maybe where he winds up long term.