Suggested member rank icons

SDS

Just realized Iโ€™ve been reading this forum since 2008 when scooby drove a white bmw, man time fliesโ€ฆ but I have been thoroughly enjoying all the contributions from you regular posters. You have kept me informed while totally entertained and for that I thank you!

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SDS said:

A recent upgrade changed the member ranking system (the rockets you see). Each level supports its own icon. What do you suggest for the different levels?

ย 

ย 

Screen Shot 2021-09-01 at 4.05.19 PM.png

The rank labels are good, but I think some form of visual indicator that quickly shows the difference would be nice. ย 
ย 

Some sites make user names different colors, where hall of fame would be gold. ย Or, the user gets more color options to choose from as the ascend higher. ย 
ย 

I also think the rep points being visual before was helpful. ย Iโ€™m not a fan of that being goneย 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

The rank labels are good, but I think some form of visual indicator that quickly shows the difference would be nice. ย 
ย 

Some sites make user names different colors, where hall of fame would be gold. ย Or, the user gets more color options to choose from as the ascend higher. ย 
ย 

I also think the rep points being visual before was helpful. ย Iโ€™m not a fan of that being goneย 

thatโ€™s what the icons areย for and is the subject of this post.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SDS said:

A recent upgrade changed the member ranking system (the rockets you see). Each level supports its own icon. What do you suggest for the different levels?

ย 

ย 

How about a crown for Hall of Famer, although I also like the gold jacket suggestion, if you can find/make one.

41 minutes ago, SDS said:

ย 

66A1EC13-D807-4F37-A2E8-BDC76C3C5DF1.jpeg

OMG, was that someone from Alone?

13 minutes ago, SDS said:

thatโ€™s what the icons areย for and is the subject of this post.

Ah, I thought you were also asking opinions of the rockets. ย 
ย 

I would recommend the color names for post count (based upon the labels you had in the OP)ย and bring back the rep counter.ย 

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, SDS said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

Right now if you hover over it shows a number out of 8.ย  What if you just showed the number 1 thru 8.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

ย 

ย 

Can you add tiny stars within that circle 1 star for probation, 8 stars for Hall of Famer?

ย 

im not sure how that would look bc of the size of the circle, but it may be discernible.ย 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

ย 

Right now if you hover over it shows a number out of 8.ย  What if you just showed the number 1 thru 8.

ย 

I take it you are on a laptop with a mouse? Iโ€™m on an iPad and I get no such thing without clicking and going looking. As I said, whatever is fine, but we were asked for our thoughts, so there you go.ย 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Augie said:
19 minutes ago, Virgil said:

rockets. ย 
ย 

I would recommend the color names for post count (based upon the labels you had in the OP)ย and bring back the rep counter.ย 

ย 

I have no idea if itโ€™s possible, and itโ€™s no big deal either way, but I liked the rep counter for a reason you may not expect. Itโ€™s NOT a matter of getting more for vanity, but a means of controlling my posts count. I pay attention to having more reps than posts so I refrain from some

For me, it lets me know how hard I want to fight back or argue with someone ๐Ÿ˜‹

2 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Can you add tiny stars within that circle 1 star for probation, 8 stars for Hall of Famer?

ย 

im not sure how that would look bc of the size of the circle, but it may be discernible.ย 

This. ย I liked the old footballs ๐Ÿˆ look

1 minute ago, Augie said:

ย 

I take it you are on a laptop with a mouse? Iโ€™m on an iPad and I get no such thing without clicking and going looking. As I said, whatever is fine, but we were asked for our thoughts, so there you go.ย 

ย 

Yes I am but my point was to show the number onlyย without having to hover over it.

1 - 8.

2 hours ago, SDS said:

ย 

ย 

Probation = donkey

UDFA = pig

Practice squad = sheep

Rookie = camel

RFA = llama

Veteran = alpaca

All pro = ram

Hall of Famer = goat

• Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Ah, I thought you were also asking opinions of the rockets. ย 
ย 

like talking to my wife.

ย 

What do you want for dinner?
ย 

Yes, please mow the lawn.ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1