AP exclusive: Bills propose new 60k seat stadium by (update - 2025)

YoloinOhio

Stadiums now are not the stadiums of old built around surface parking lots and expressways. This isn't the 1970s. Green Bay, Cincinnati, St Louis, Dallas, Cleveland, Milwaukee, Seattle, Atlanta, Pittsburgh etc have all had had success doing this. They're a catalyst for additional development. Housing, office space, bars, retail. If the stadium is built for 10 games a year and tailgating then it's a horrendously dated business model. Cheap and nasty.

Edited by red hots

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

not in Allen era. Weather was ok for the two wins.

Kelly era team could run. Allen era can't

It's a pretty easy fix considering you're not going to win a super bowl without a running game anyways

Fix the offense line, run game will improve

And then Josh Allen will not be able to get contained in any weather

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1

On 12/24/2021 at 12:06 PM, WotAGuy said:

That roof ain’t gonna throw TDs. 

lol correct.

But Allen throwing in climate controlled dome will throw many more than outside.

Did you not see Allen's long throws to deep open WR's take off sideways in the wind last year in Buffalo? vs Ravens Cost Bills two TD's.

And the est for roof is 300 mill or about 5 to 7 mill a year prorated. Will more than pay for itself in increased tix sales alone. Not to mention it will lead to more wins causing increased ticket demand also.

Edited by cba fan

1 hour ago, cba fan said:

lol correct.

But Allen throwing in climate controlled dome will throw many more than outside.

Did you not see Allen's long throws to deep open WR's take off sideways in the wind last year in Buffalo? Cost Bills two TD's.

And the est for roof is 300 mill or about 5 to 7 mill a year prorated. Will more than pay for itself in increased tix sales alone. Not to mention it will lead to more wins causing increased ticket demand also.

I know a bunch of guys that will put a roof on the sucker for 10% of that. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, cba fan said:

lol correct.

Did you not see Allen's long throws to deep open WR's take off sideways in the wind last year in Buffalo? Cost Bills two TD's.

Terry Pegula wants outside football. Someone has to convince him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 12/23/2021 at 7:07 AM, Since1981 said:

—Seating count does not matter to the team profitability, given tv contract. Vs 1972

—weather impacts enthusiasm. 
—Good owners rather see a lower cost but better built and full 63k vs 80k open seats crap hole. 

—Stand. Let’s go seatless!! Bahahaha. 

I actually think there should be a standing room only area. 

On 12/23/2021 at 3:48 PM, Virgil said:

I'm curious as to what that area is behind the Bills bench?  Are they trying to make a luxury seat area like they do at Yankee stadium and charge a bunch of money?  Also, I don't like the 4 tiers of seating. 

I'm curious to know what that open concept over the endzone would do for the wind. 

I can't say I'm a fan and don't see anything that makes it a huge improvement over what we have

But what we have is starting to crumble and actually sheer off in certain areas. C'mon. The Ralph needs to go. 

14 hours ago, cba fan said:

lol correct.

Yup, tickets, parking and concessions.  And while it probably won't be used a whole lot more during the off-season (I was surprised to learn that Jerry World is only used about 7-8 times/year outside of Cowboys games, even pre-pandemic), it can still be used.  The whole notion of "football has traditionally been played..." is archaic.  Football also used to be played in barebones stadiums.  Now they're doing everything to make it more enjoyable/comfortable for fans.  And no one is not going to go to games because there will now be a roof, while more people certainly would be willing to go if there is one.

10 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Terry Pegula wants outside football. Someone has to convince him.

The fans are the ones who voted for no roof.  Someone has to convince them and then have another poll done.

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup, tickets, parking and concessions.  And while it probably won't be used a whole lot more during the off-season (I was surprised to learn that Jerry World is only used about 7-8 times/year outside of Cowboys games, even pre-pandemic), it can still be used.  The whole notion of "football has traditionally been played..." is archaic.  Football also used to be played in barebones stadiums.  Now they're doing everything to make it more enjoyable/comfortable for fans.  And no one is not going to go to games because there will now be a roof, while more people certainly would be willing to go if there is one.

The fans are the ones who voted for no roof.  Someone has to convince them and then have another poll done.

Fans also don't want a new stadium. Bills fans would only complain about losing tailgating.

Fans are the last people I would ask. Fans are coming to games no matter what. I would survey every NFL player. Product on the field is all that matters. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

24 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Fans also don't want a new stadium. Bills fans would only complain about losing tailgating.

Fans are the last people I would ask. Fans are coming to games no matter what. I would survey every NFL player. Product on the field is all that matters.

No one outside of the NFL owners really wants a new stadium.  It's a matter of need because the old one is crumbling.

But I agree, they shouldn't have restricted it just to the fans. 

• Like (+1) 1

*surveying NFL PLAYERS and STAFFS on dome (vs BUF wind). With the proper survey questions—-critical insights for 50 yrs of labor and capital ROI…”As a TE….” (You can see how FA, Pro Bowl, etc answers)

Pegula Firm’s largest infrastructure expenditure ever—-wouldn’t it be smart to learn what NFL thinks? 

I've said it before, I'll say it again. Even if all sides heartily agreed and funded a downtown stadium, it would never be built.

The environmentalists will find some kind of endangered moth--and we must not destroy it's habitat. They will also poke at the environmental impact studies.

The preservationists will cling to some dumpy building--and file court papers to save it from demolition (Great Northern elevator ring a bell?).

Human remains will be found and it will turn out to be a sacred burial ground--of course, all construction must cease.

Buffalo is retrograde and can't have nice things. This is a town that couldn't even come to agreement on a desperately needed Peace Bridge replacement.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.