Favorite Beef on Weck in Buffalo

Another Fan

For what seems like a rather generic topic for a Buffalo fan board I don’t ever remember there being a thread on it.  Searching it here just brought instances where it was brought up in tailgating meals in threads….

I remember eating one in Anderson’s in Williamsville when I was around 7.  All these years later it was still good.

I tried Charlie The Butcher as I thought that was the best of them all.  Went to the one by Sahlens stadium in that train station center.  I thought it was good but not something I’d go out of way for.  Anderson’s was just as good.

Wegmans sells them by me.  There actually not bad but not like the real thing.  

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Bar Bill Tavern

Best I've ever had, but I'm from Rochester and never been to the Eagle House

29 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I like the Eagle House. The place has been in business for something like 100 years. Their wings are also off the charts great. 

Actually closer to 200 according to their world wide website, established 1827. Will give them a try

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

Bar Bill Tavern

Judi's Lounge in Niagara Falls

Mister Dee's in Cheektowaga but from what I've heard I'm not sure they are still open right now

Charlie The Butcher

Mr Dee's closed

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Bar Bill. 

I never understood why BOW is such a big thing here. It's a bland sandwich.

BoW is often imitated, rarely perfected. 

Throw some pickles and carmelized onions in there, it will change your life. 

Bar Bill is the most memorable, even if it's entering "no one goes there anymore, it's too crowded" territory. 

Nothing tops that moment where the horseradish hits you in that exact spot towards the back of the roof of your mouth and instantly clears your sinuses.

Does the Boston Hotel still exist?  They always had a good beef on weck back in the day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.