Dolphins are the frontrunner on trade for Deshaun Watson

YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Has the NFL ever allowed 'pick protections' on a trade?   I know they've allowed conditional picks based on starts, playing time etc.

But based on suspension or criminal prosecution?

That would, IMO, NOT be a good look for the "Shield"

Hmm they could make some starts and playing time conditions that would get you somewhat to the same place you would think. Trickier on the 2022 picks but thereafter you could say "a 2023 first rounder which is conditional on him being on the roster by the start of the league year." That gives the legal stuff until March 2023 to be resolved.... 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Hmm they could make some starts and playing time conditions that would get you somewhat to the same place you would think. Trickier on the 2022 picks but thereafter you could say "a 2023 first rounder which is conditional on him being on the roster by the start of the league year." That gives the legal stuff until March 2023 to be resolved.... 

I want the dolphins to make the trade, have Watson bench himself like he's doing in Houston, then get suspended and go to jail AFTER Houston makes Miami's 2022 pick.

3 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

The FBI is involved for crying out loud this must have been spread by his agent…He may not play for two years why even bother 

His agent also said the FBI  is investigating the women for extortion.

I want this to happen again.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah Michael Vick got to play again.

I mean dogs aren't people obviously but still.

He did get to play again, but only after he served 2 years in prison and paid $1M for care and treatment of the rescued dogs.  I think there were state fines as well.

Oh, and the bankruptcy.

• Like (+1) 1

I have a feeling this will all amount to nothing, at least for this season. Maybe if Watson gets through his legal troubles without facing criminal prosecution the Dolphins will try to land him next offseason. For right now the timing makes no sense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:
I have a feeling this will all amount to nothing, at least for this season. Maybe if Watson gets through his legal troubles without facing criminal prosecution the Dolphins will try to land him next offseason. For right now the timing makes no sense.

Yea that remains the most likely outcome. The one thing Miami may be thinking though is in a situation where Watson faces no criminal charges and the civil cases are settled there may well be more competition next spring. It looks like now the only other serious player - Carolina - has said they are out and riding the year with Sam. So Miami has a free run if it is willing to bear the risk that the legal situation turns out badly for Watson.

• Like (+1) 1

Even if he wasn’t facing a possible suspension, that’s a big ask.  However, who was the last Top 5 QB to be traded in his prime?   

Should be interesting.   I still think Baltimore should be in on this. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Even if he wasn’t facing a possible suspension, that’s a big ask.  However, who was the last Top 5 QB to be traded in his prime?   

Should be interesting.   I still think Baltimore should be in on this. 

I think that all depends on what Lamar and his representatives will be asking extension wise. But Baltimore doesn’t have the draft ammo like Miami does to be able to join in

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I think that all depends on what Lamar and his representatives will be asking extension wise. But Baltimore doesn’t have the draft ammo like Miami does to be able to join in

but they can offer Lamar.casio-planestrains.gif

Edited by zevo
none
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, zevo said:

but they can offer Lamar.

Yeah but would Houston want to pay Lamar Josh Allen type of money?? My answer on that is No. also again Baltimore doesn’t have the draft capital to get into the bidding war like Miami does

Edited by BuffaloBills1998