Zero's 2021 NFL Predictions

Zerovoltz

***MODS  PLEASE MOVE IF THIS IS BELONGS SOMEWHERE ELSE***  (some would say, it belongs in the trash :D) 

NFC EAST

1. Washington Football Team (WFT has strong enough D and skill players that Fitz can guide them to win this weak division)

2. Dallas Cowboys (Talent is there to win, coaching is not.)

3. NY Giants. (They will finally realize Daniel Jones isn't it.)

4. Philadelphia Eagles. (Jalen Hurtz is meh, with too much uncertainty and questionable coaching)

NFC NORTH

1. Green Bay Packers (clearly the best roster in a bad division, and Rodgers is still awesome)

2. Chicago Bears (Made playoffs 2 of last 3 years with Trubisky, They'll let Dalton eat some L's VS hard competiton to start year, then Fields takes over and gets some Ws)

3. Minnesota Vikings (Team is more talented than 3rd place in divsion, but I think Zimmer's message falls flat and locker room loses respect for Cousins, they underachieve)

4. Detroit Lions (They will be a try hard team, with no where near enough talent to win much.  Goff sucks)

NFC SOUTH

1.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers (The band is back together and this time, they'll start the season running the Brady offense and not Arians bombs away attack. They'll be a tough out)

2. New Orleans (Jameis Winston, running short pass attack with some deep shots mixed in...will be better than people think.  Payton can still coach.)

3. Atlanta Falcons (They had statistically awful luck in close games..they'll regress to the mean and win about 7 games and look like the Titans doing it.)

4. Carolina (more or less a tie with Atlanta.  D is still young and I am not convinced that Darnold is it....hard team to read...better than 4th if McCaffrey plays all 17 games)

NFC WEST

1. San Francisco 49ers (deep roster, good skill players, good QB to start, and a better one waiting to start.  tough division, but 49ers edge with depth.)

2. LA Rams (Stars and JAGS approach with Stafford running McVay offense I think will work out well.  This team was 9-7 with bad QB play last year)

3. Seattle Seahawks (such a hard division....Seahawks will have to overcome their meh defense most weeks.  WIlson will have to carry them in playoffs if they are to win)

4. Arizona Cardinals (Brutal schedule, and brutal division.  For all the hype, coach Bro and Kyler Murray haven't been able to produce a dynamic O, and D isn't great either)

NFC Playoff seeding

1. Green Bay

2. Tampa Bay

3. San Francisco

4. Washington

5. LA Rams

6. Seattle

7. New Orleans

TB over NO

SF over Seattle

RAMS over Washington

RAMS over GB

SF over TB

RAMS over SF

NFC Champion LA RAMS

AFC EAST

1. Buffalo Bills (By far and away the best team in this division, and with improved pass rush, a legit title contender)

2. NE Patriots (Roster is better with alot of covid opt outs, now back, QB situation is in flux and better, but team will need to win with D)

3. Miami Dolphins (good and deep roster, but will only go as far as Tua can take them.  Not enough efficient deep pass plays to get over the top.  too much dink and dunk)

4. NY Jets (Wilson will take some lumps but show he is a legit QB....the roster is still a few more seasons of churn away from being competitive.)

AFC NORTH

1. Cleveland Browns (Cleveland will use the tried and true power run game, limit turnovers, and play good D, to win the division)

2. Baltimore Ravens (The secrew to Lamars MVP success was having 2 awesome TE's. not more WR's etc.  They don't have 2 TE's.  Jackson can't pass.  Too one diminsional)

3. Cincinnatti Bengals (A healthy Joe Burrow makes or breaks this team.  They can make a little noise if he's healthy....a big if)

4. Pittsburg Steelers (I have no faith in Big Ben having anything left, nor any faith in their O line.  I think they bottom out and start a mini rebuild next year)

AFC SOUTH

1. Tennessee Titans (the core of a good team is all back...and the division sucks...would help if they could find a pass rush)

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (Part of finsihing 2nd in the divison is that I think the Colts will be bad...if they can halfway block on offense, they should be OK)

3. Indianapolis Colts (a decent roster, with a bunch of QB's I don't have any faith in.  I think Wentz just aint it.  They aren't good enough to win despite the QB)

4. Houston Texans (A real threat to go 0-17.  Worst roster in the NFL...and it's one of he oldest as well.  It will be YEARS of roster building to get back to being competetive)

AFC WEST

1. Kansas City Chiefs (key to season is completely new O Line.  IF KC can use entire playbook on any spot on field, down and distance...will be very hard to stop them)

2. LA Chargers (pretty good roster, and expected ascension of Herbert...Chargers should be solid across the board.  Need to stay healthy)

3. Denver Broncos (good roster except QB and right side of O line.  Those are bad places to suck though...easiest schedule in NFL..could get them to 9-10 wins)

4. Las Vegas Raiders (The team just can't get out of 6-11 mode.  Don't draft or roster build well enough...fix one area, and get worse in another.  Shallow depth)

AFC Playoffs

1. Kansas City (that week 5 Bills/Chiefs matchup is HUGE!) 

2. Bills

3. Titans (benefit from being in week division)

4. Browns

5. Chargers

6. Ravens

7. Patriots

Bills OVER Patriots

Titans OVER Ravens

Chargers OVER Browns

Chiefs OVER Chargers

Bills OVER Titans

Chiefs over Bills 

Super Bowl

Chiefs over Rams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Really surprised you have Carolina in fourth, I say second.

Minny in second easy. Defense will be better. O good.

the NFC West is the best. Who knows who wins? Comes in last? Not me.

I like Tampa easy in SB although I hate them.

Ravens are winners and beat Browns somehow.

The jags in second, why? Frank Reich is too good not be second there.

I can see it, us catching KC, but everything would have to go right. and Allen wins MVP.....

I hope we don't get taken out by covid.

And things usually don't all go right so the chefs prolly beat us (again).

KC over Bucs.

Or everything does go right: Allen wins MVP. We avoid injuries. The pass rush works. Edmunds steps way up.

Bills D finishes 3rd overall (in yards allowed). Third in turnover differential. #1 in points scored.

Bills beat chefs twice. First in week five, 45 - 41.

Then again in Buffalo: 41 - 33.

Allen wins SB 51 - 33 over Tampa and wins MVP. Josh Is talked about as the best player in the NFL, bar none.

i can see this and I bet a little t of other fans can see it too. Daboll just keeps churning WRs in and out of the lineup. Even Hodgins gets some during the year....The Bills add Zach Ertz at the trade DL. We are the most loaded weapon team in the league. Singletary and Moss combine for 1500 yds. rushing at a 5.1 yd./carry pace together.

Daboll goes to.....

Dallas.

I could see this, could you?

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

We all better hope the Rams don't win the NFC.  You saw what happened when a team had home field in the Super Bowl in Tampa.  Too big an advantage in the Super Bowl for the other team to overcome. 

I don't think the rams can do it. The highest seed they could get is #3 due to the tough NFC West, imho....

So they have to win on the road to get home field.

I don't have as much faith in the Rams because I don't think their offensive struggles were all Goff. Since Patricia put the blue print out there everyone has worked McVay's scheme out and he has struggled to properly adjust. Stafford is an upgrade on Goff but the pressure is on McVay big time. If the offense does not get back to its best of his first couple of years then he is going to carry the can. 

I do think they will make the playoffs.... they have too much talent not to. But I am not as convinced it was just a case of Goff holding them back. I think McVay's inflexible scheme played a part in it too. 

Oh and the Bills will be #1 seed and having lost to them again in the regular season will finally take down the Chiefs at the Ralph in the AFCCG. 

Otherwise there isn't a huge amount that I disagree with.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

The Eagles offense looks good. I think Hurts takes a step forward and they get 2nd in the division. Possible wild card.

Bills will have the #1 seed and beat the Browns in the AFCC.

Bills over Packers in the SB.

I have the Eagles getting the #1 pick.

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

***MODS  PLEASE MOVE IF THIS IS BELONGS SOMEWHERE ELSE***  (some would say, it belongs in the trash :D) 

RAMS over SF

NFC Champion LA RAMS

AFC EAST

1. Buffalo Bills (By far and away the best team in this division, and with improved pass rush, a legit title contender)

2. NE Patriots (Roster is better with alot of covid opt outs, now back, QB situation is in flux and better, but team will need to win with D)

3. Miami Dolphins (good and deep roster, but will only go as far as Tua can take them.  Not enough efficient deep pass plays to get over the top.  too much dink and dunk)

4. NY Jets (Wilson will take some lumps but show he is a legit QB....the roster is still a few more seasons of churn away from being competitive.)

AFC NORTH

1. Cleveland Browns (Cleveland will use the tried and true power run game, limit turnovers, and play good D, to win the division)

2. Baltimore Ravens (The secrew to Lamars MVP success was having 2 awesome TE's. not more WR's etc.  They don't have 2 TE's.  Jackson can't pass.  Too one diminsional)

3. Cincinnatti Bengals (A healthy Joe Burrow makes or breaks this team.  They can make a little noise if he's healthy....a big if)

4. Pittsburg Steelers (I have no faith in Big Ben having anything left, nor any faith in their O line.  I think they bottom out and start a mini rebuild next year)

AFC SOUTH

1. Tennessee Titans (the core of a good team is all back...and the division sucks...would help if they could find a pass rush)

2. Jacksonville Jaguars (Part of finsihing 2nd in the divison is that I think the Colts will be bad...if they can halfway block on offense, they should be OK)

3. Indianapolis Colts (a decent roster, with a bunch of QB's I don't have any faith in.  I think Wentz just aint it.  They aren't good enough to win despite the QB)

4. Houston Texans (A real threat to go 0-17.  Worst roster in the NFL...and it's one of he oldest as well.  It will be YEARS of roster building to get back to being competetive)

AFC WEST

1. Kansas City Chiefs (key to season is completely new O Line.  IF KC can use entire playbook on any spot on field, down and distance...will be very hard to stop them)

2. LA Chargers (pretty good roster, and expected ascension of Herbert...Chargers should be solid across the board.  Need to stay healthy)

3. Denver Broncos (good roster except QB and right side of O line.  Those are bad places to suck though...easiest schedule in NFL..could get them to 9-10 wins)

4. Las Vegas Raiders (The team just can't get out of 6-11 mode.  Don't draft or roster build well enough...fix one area, and get worse in another.  Shallow depth)

AFC Playoffs

1. Buffalo (that week 5 Bills/Chiefs matchup is HUGE!) 

2. Chiefs

4. Browns

5. Chargers

6. Ravens

7. Patriots

Bills OVER Patriots

Titans OVER Ravens

Chargers OVER Browns

Chiefs OVER Chargers

Bills OVER Titans

Bills  over Chiefs

Super Bowl

Bills over Rams.

Fixed :)

That Lombardi is ours this year :)

4 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

We all better hope the Rams don't win the NFC.  You saw what happened when a team had home field in the Super Bowl in Tampa.  Too big an advantage in the Super Bowl for the other team to overcome. 

Win the coin toss get the ball drive down get a TD and shut them up.

If that doesn't work do it again and again until they do ;)

6 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

NFC EAST

1. Washington Football Team (WFT has strong enough D and skill players that Fitz can guide them to win this weak division)

2. Dallas Cowboys (Talent is there to win, coaching is not.)

3. NY Giants. (They will finally realize Daniel Jones isn't it.)

4. Philadelphia Eagles. (Jalen Hurtz is meh, with too much uncertainty and questionable coaching)

NFC NORTH

1. Green Bay Packers (clearly the best roster in a bad division, and Rodgers is still awesome)

2. Chicago Bears (Made playoffs 2 of last 3 years with Trubisky, They'll let Dalton eat some L's VS hard competiton to start year, then Fields takes over and gets some Ws)

3. Minnesota Vikings (Team is more talented than 3rd place in divsion, but I think Zimmer's message falls flat and locker room loses respect for Cousins, they underachieve)

4. Detroit Lions (They will be a try hard team, with no where near enough talent to win much.  Goff sucks)

NFC SOUTH

1.  Tampa Bay Buccaneers (The band is back together and this time, they'll start the season running the Brady offense and not Arians bombs away attack. They'll be a tough out)

2. New Orleans (Jameis Winston, running short pass attack with some deep shots mixed in...will be better than people think.  Payton can still coach.)

3. Atlanta Falcons (They had statistically awful luck in close games..they'll regress to the mean and win about 7 games and look like the Titans doing it.)

4. Carolina (more or less a tie with Atlanta.  D is still young and I am not convinced that Darnold is it....hard team to read...better than 4th if McCaffrey plays all 17 games)

NFC WEST

1. San Francisco 49ers (deep roster, good skill players, good QB to start, and a better one waiting to start.  tough division, but 49ers edge with depth.)

2. LA Rams (Stars and JAGS approach with Stafford running McVay offense I think will work out well.  This team was 9-7 with bad QB play last year)

3. Seattle Seahawks (such a hard division....Seahawks will have to overcome their meh defense most weeks.  WIlson will have to carry them in playoffs if they are to win)

4. Arizona Cardinals (Brutal schedule, and brutal division.  For all the hype, coach Bro and Kyler Murray haven't been able to produce a dynamic O, and D isn't great either)

NFC Playoff seeding

1. Green Bay

2. Tampa Bay

3. San Francisco

4. Washington

5. LA Rams

6. Seattle

7. New Orleans

TB over NO

SF over Seattle

RAMS over Washington

RAMS over GB

SF over TB

RAMS over SF

NFC Champion LA RAMS

AFC EAST

AFC NORTH

AFC SOUTH

AFC WEST

AFC Playoffs

1. Kansas City (that week 5 Bills/Chiefs matchup is HUGE!) 

2. Bills

4. Browns

5. Chargers

6. Ravens

7. Patriots

Bills OVER Patriots

Titans OVER Ravens

Chargers OVER Browns

Chiefs OVER Chargers

Bills OVER Titans

Chiefs over Bills 

Super Bowl

Chiefs over Rams.

Congratulations. BTW, how many mirrors do you have in your house?

There has been 2 teams in the super bowl era(55 years) to make 3 straight Super Bowls. I get that your a chiefs fan, but the whole default response of “the chiefs are obviously gonna win the AFC” throughout the fans and especially the media this year is just lazy and goes against massive amounts of historical data. 

I’ll take the field in the AFC…. And the bills are the cream of that crop. Otherwise not a whole lot to debate here. 

18 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

There has been 2 teams in the super bowl era(55 years) to make 3 straight Super Bowls. I get that your a chiefs fan, but the whole default response of “the chiefs are obviously gonna win the AFC” throughout the fans and especially the media this year is just lazy and goes against massive amounts of historical data. 

I’ll take the field in the AFC…. And the bills are the cream of that crop. Otherwise not a whole lot to debate here. 

I can understand why people would say this about my predictions.....clearly I have a bias....but the national media and Vegas oddsmakers aren't going to KC "by default". there are good reasons for it.  

History does tell us that KC probably won't make it...and a lot of years even the team with the best record etc doesn't always go either....The Bills could EASILY be the AFC rep in the SB.  I won't be surprised at all if it is the Bills in the SB.  A lot has to go right just to make it to that game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I can understand why people would say this about my predictions.....clearly I have a bias....but the national media and Vegas oddsmakers aren't going to KC "by default". there are good reasons for it.  

History does tell us that KC probably won't make it...and a lot of years even the team with the best record etc doesn't always go either....The Bills could EASILY be the AFC rep in the SB.  I won't be surprised at all if it is the Bills in the SB.  A lot has to go right just to make it to that game.

Odds, historical ones, are exactly what I’m banking on. And they state it’s a real slim chance that a team wins a conference 3 times in a row. And the media is being lazy. Hands down. The whole narrative is “how could anyone ever topple the chiefs?”. The ball washing people are doing for that team is pathetic. It’s the NFL people. Why does it seem like none of them have been covering it for more than the last 2 years of chiefs Super Bowls. 

Chiefs are a great team…. But I’ll take historical evidence and the fact that watching the league my whole life has given me a common sense perspective on crowning a team for a 3rd year in a row. 

9 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Odds, historical ones, are exactly what I’m banking on. And they state it’s a real slim chance that a team wins a conference 3 times in a row. And the media is being lazy. Hands down. The whole narrative is “how could anyone ever topple the chiefs?”. The ball washing people are doing for that team is pathetic. It’s the NFL people. Why does it seem like none of them have been covering it for more than the last 2 years of chiefs Super Bowls. 

Chiefs are a great team…. But I’ll take historical evidence and the fact that watching the league my whole life has given me a common sense perspective on crowning a team for a 3rd year in a row. 

This arguments a strange one and I never know which side to fall on/agree with. 

On one hand, yes it’s extremely rare for a team to make the Super Bowl 3 years in a row and the odds aren’t in the Chiefs favor. 

However, just because of that does that mean everyone should ignore the fact that they’re the favorite and the most talented team in the AFC? Are we not supposed to predict the best team to win the conference just based on principal? At that point, why predict anything at all? 

At the end of the day, I’ve personally got the Chiefs over the Rams in the Super Bowl and I do agree that that’s an extremely rare feat to make it 3 times in a row and it’s more than likely not going to happen due to injury/ball luck. But it’s just to hard for me to justify predicting/betting on a team other than what appears to be the best team

Edited by elijah

Until someone in the Bills, Cleveland, Pittsburgh or Baltimore camps shows they can beat KC, there’s no reason to expect KC won’t be in the SB. Buffalo gets another crack at it on a Sunday night in KC. Win that game and the national narrative will start to change. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, elijah said:

This arguments a strange one and I never know which side to fall on/agree with. 

On one hand, yes it’s extremely rare for a team to make the Super Bowl 3 years in a row and the odds aren’t in the Chiefs favor. 

However, just because of that does that mean everyone should ignore the fact that they’re the favorite and the most talented team in the AFC? Are we not supposed to predict the best team to win the conference just based on principal? At that point, why predict anything at all? 

At the end of the day, I’ve personally got the Chiefs over the Rams in the Super Bowl and I do agree that that’s an extremely rare feat to make it 3 times in a row and it’s more than likely not going to happen due to injury/ball luck. But it’s just to hard for me to justify predicting/betting on a team other than what appears to be the best team

I sort of split the difference. I do think the Chiefs are the best team in football let alone the AFC. I think they were aggressive in addressing their weaknesses and have plenty of playmakers. However, being the best team is no guarantee of anything. The best team doesn't win the Superbowl every year. That isn't how it works. I think KC will be the #1 or #2 seed but I just think someone will find a way in the playoffs to get the better of them on the day. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.