McD's Presser

MAJBobby

I have a hard time believing that other teams don't have similar issues as the Bills. The Bills have become the poster team for "vaccine issues," but that's largely because of a few players being very vocal about it publicly.

I'd love to see the percentages around the league for the threshold each team has hit.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Bills based some of their cuts on it.  I know that's controversial, but we'll be seeing problems regularly if we're not at a certain level.  What's the point of having a guy unless he can play most of the season (and of course, that doesn't extend to guys like Allen).

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

We've done this Over.  and Over.  and Over.  again.  Where there is a union, there is collective bargaining. 

NFLPA.

The NFL can not impose a mandate upon the players.

I'm not entirely sure that's true. The NFL can't impose a mandate that violates their contract, and I'm not sure the agreement reached regarding Covid is contractual. I belong to a union in the motion picture industry (IATSE). I'm currently working on a TV show at Warner Bros in Burbank, and they just last week mandated that all department heads be vaccinated. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

What’s the other option?

Beasley - Top pure slot in the NFL

McKenzie - Rapidly improving talent who oozes team mentality in every other aspect

Davis - VERY promising young WR talent who has 3 more years on a rookie contract 

You cutting all of them?  It kind of is what it is at this point.  

What did Aikman tell to Barry Switzer when Michael Irvin showed up to camp hung over ?

“You don’t cut Michael Irvin, Barry.  But you cut that guy and that guy.”

so you want to send a message.  Pick 2 out of those 3 and say goodbye Norman Jean.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Success said:

I have a hard time believing that other teams don't have similar issues as the Bills. The Bills have become the poster team for "vaccine issues," but that's largely because of a few players being very vocal about it publicly.

I'd love to see the percentages around the league for the threshold each team has hit.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if the Bills based some of their cuts on it.  I know that's controversial, but we'll be seeing problems regularly if we're not at a certain level.  What's the point of having a guy unless he can play most of the season (and of course, that doesn't extend to guys like Allen).

Sounds like we are on the lower end of vaccinations, but who knows how that shakes out when teams cut down to 53.  

We don’t know about Allen, but we do know Diggs is vaxxed, I think?

Do Arizona fans know if Kyler is vaxxed?.. We know Hop isn’t.  

Lots of big names have been noncommittal, at best, about the vax.   Dallas, with Dak immediately comes to mind. 

Edited by SCBills

3 minutes ago, Success said:

Oher teams do, we seem to be the team getting all the publicity about it.

I just heard on CBS sports radio a total of 25 players have been fined for new covid violations.

1 minute ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

What did Aikman tell to Barry Switzer when Michael Irvin showed up to camp hung over ?

“You don’t cut Michael Irvin, Barry.  But you cut that guy and that guy.”

so you want to send a message.  Pick 2 out of those 3 and say goodbye Norman Jean.

Imagine comparing this to that…

Some of you can’t seem to detach from your personal views when discussing this issue. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sounds like we are on the lower end of vaccinations, but who knows how that shakes out when teams cut down to 53.  

We don’t know about Allen, but we do know Diggs is vaxxed, I think?

Do Arizona fans know if Kyler is vaxxed?.. We know Hop isn’t.  

Lots of big names have been noncommittal, at best, about the vax.   Dallas, with Dak immediately comes to mind. 

I was trying to do the math (not my forte). I think Beane said we're floating around 80% at one point.  So, if we're 10% short, that's really just 4-5 guys out of the final roster.

I'm really hoping w/ FDA approval that a few more will take the leap.

It is a real mystery though, w/ us and other teams.  Mac Jones had a presser that some interpreted as  him having had it, and some interpreted as not.  It's like that all around the league.  A lot of secrecy & coy responses (and it IS a private decision - but it's hard as a fan now knowing...)

38 minutes ago, pennstate10 said:

I’m not sure that this is true. 
airlines and hospitals have mandated vaccines without having support of all their unions. 

NFL doesn’t want labor strife ( ie a strike, work stoppage etc) and mandating vaccination for players wasn’t a hill they were going to die on. 

3 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Imagine comparing this to that…

Some of you can’t seem to detach from your personal views when discussing this issue. 

But they have $270 M Josh Allen.

that’s why you pay.  Because over time he is the only constant.

everyone else comes and goes.  And they go due to age, production, Injury or “other”.

• Like (+1) 1

I know it's been said quite a few times - but I can't believe we wait a generation to finally become a contender again, and have to deal w/ this kind of uncertainty now.  THIS is the season - everyone is predicting us to be a SB contender, and we all know it too.  

Who knows how long that window lasts. Very frustrating, and I really hope it doesn't play out like my worst fears.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

I was trying to do the math (not my forte). I think Beane said we're floating around 80% at one point.  So, if we're 10% short, that's really just 4-5 guys out of the final roster.

It is a real mystery though, w/ us and other teams.  Mac Jones had a presser that some interpreted as  him having had it, and some interpreted as not.  It's like that all around the league.  A lot of secrecy & coy responses (and it IS a private decision - but it's hard as a fan now knowing...)

Yup.. I’ll admit, it’s tricky having 3 guys who play big roles on this team, all at the same position, being open to these ridiculous NFL protocols that could decimate our WR room at any time.  

That said, we’re not alone… outside of Diggs, Mahomes etc., most star players are zipped lips about their vax status. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

THIS is the season - everyone is predicting us to be a SB contender, and we all know it too.  

Who knows how long that window lasts. 

As long as we have Josh, Diggs, White and Mcdermott, we are in the conversation. That's all you can ask for. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Yup.. I’ll admit, it’s tricky having 3 guys who play big roles on this team, all at the same position, being open to these ridiculous NFL protocols that could decimate our WR room at any time.  

That said, we’re not alone… outside of Diggs, Mahomes etc., most star players are zipped lips about their vax status. 

By all reports, it would seem that the Bills are one of the least-vaxxed teams in the league.  

Is it the protocols that could decimate our WR room (or team) at any time?  Or is it the players refusing to get jabbed?  I guess it's all in how one looks at it.  I find it hard to blame the protocols, myself.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

Yeah.  McD believes in culture, and he is seeing the limits of what culture can do for him.  That's why, as others have said, he hates being in this position.  Culture and Allen's  arm are making the team, but this is a problem culture hasn't solved for him. 

The problem with “ Culture” is there are always Malcontents. They go along until they don’t. Then they make it about themselves.

It can be a personal decision and you can stay off social media and not be a loudmouth about. Or you can be a douche about it. Some have chosen the Douche path. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. It also doesn’t mean there won’t be consequences.

• Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Success said:

Agree. Some maybe a little more than others but overall situation every team is dealing with. I would very much like to see more Bills WRs etc vaccinated, however have to remember they went through same type things last season and everything turned out pretty smoothly for the most part.

I have confidence this staff, coaches etc will once again do everything possible to keep everyone safe and available as they can. Hope it goes about as good as last season

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

By all reports, it would seem that the Bills are one of the least-vaxxed teams in the league.  

Is it the protocols that could decimate our WR room (or team) at any time?  Or is it the players refusing to get jabbed?  I guess it's all in how one looks at it.  I find it hard to blame the protocols, myself.

The protocols don’t make sense with the new variants.. they just do not.  It’s setting up the league for a dumpster fire of a season if they don’t revise them.  

Bills are one of the least vaxxed, but it will be interesting to see how rosters shake out with vax percentages once everyone hits 53.  

13 minutes ago, Success said:

The math was done yesterday in the "Bills may be one of the lowest teams" thread.

The flea in the above ointment is that the unvaccinated players may be unevenly distributed between likely starters, and fringe guys.

So currently 16 unvaccinated players out of 80 if we're ~80% vaccinated per Beane's press conference yesterday. (1-0.8) * 80 = 16

Question is, are those all guys who make the 53?  If we are, then we're (53-16)/53*100 = 69.8% after the cut.

• Like (+1) 1