McD's Presser

MAJBobby

i get tired of the media asking the same questions and then when people complain they have to insist "it's a story, it could definitely affect... ." Guess what, we know Covid affects things, the only thing they really want is a soundbite or quote making a political stand so they can dissect it ad nauseum. :sick:

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s not written this way in baseball contracts and I’d venture to guess it’s not written this way in football contracts.

He’s not discussing X’s and O’s… I’m not allowed to discuss baseball related specifics per my contract… otherwise I can discuss anything else I want as long as I make a point that it’s my own view. 

Valid point that it depends upon the contract, my point is that this isn't a "Freedom of Speech" issue - employers have a right to place limits on employee speech.

I take your point that the football contracts aren't written that way, but I also believe that if you were to go on social media and start discussing "your own view" that the Baseball-specific protocols you have to follow are stupid and you're going to "live your best life" and not follow them, your employer might just consider that you're discussing baseball-related specifics precluded in your contract and tell you to STFU.  I think you love your job, so suggest you don't test this.

The NFL does famously have that "conduct detrimental to the League" clause in there which can mean...pretty much whatever they want it to mean, perhaps?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m not on the habit of disagreeing with my 3-12 buddy.  Thanks for sharing bud as I know your enudicious in you’re reponses.  A habit I probably should learn.

I respect any and all democratic dialogue you might present my friend ! Disagreements can be educational if properly served 

Cheers !

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I’ve had about enough of this. I certainly don’t want this, but if the Bills lose out during the AFC Championship game or even the Super Bowl due to multiple players in the Covid protocol, I won’t shed one tear. They’ll deserve it and besides money, losing the biggest game of their lives is the only thing they’ll understand. I’m for personal choice, but being one of the least vaccinated teams in the NFL is pitiful. We wanted a team of high character players, but it’s appears they are the opposite. 

It seems crazy to me.  I don't want to get too much into the vaccine, but if they consider it to be any kind of risk, why make a fuss now?  NFL players risk their long-term health every single week of the season.  

Hundreds of millions have been vaxxed. We at least know it doesn't instantly turn you into a pumpkin.  Just get the stupid jab and play ball.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ndirish1978 said:

i get tired of the media asking the same questions and then when people complain they have to insist "it's a story, it could definitely affect... ." Guess what, we know Covid affects things, the only thing they really want is a soundbite or quote making a political stand so they can dissect it ad nauseum. :sick:

That's exactly what Wawrow said in one of these threads towards the beginning of camp. The media is so assured that this is a huge issue in the locker room and they're trying really hard to get a quote that would hint at it being true. The reality is that these guys are just focused on football when they're there. It's not hard for them or anyone else in a profession they love.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, The Dean said:

I agree with the suggestion, but what makes you think this hasn't been discussed, possibly on many occasions, among the players themselves? 

They may have but it would be prudent if they did for one of the leadership guys to at least say that.

Not that he would have to give details just that they are united in the plan going forward so this would end (at least for me).

Having a canned reply that Beane, McDermott and all the players can use would slow the medias role in this too.

My only concern as a fan is they are still all together in where they stand and if they agree that the protocols are sufficient with them

then the only reply should be "next man up" when asked.  I do believe they can win it all this year and survive players out with the C-word.

The only thing I think really could damage the team is an internal riff.  IMO.

Edit:  I replied to the post.  I really said my piece and didn't want to comment more.

Edited by ColoradoBills

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's exactly what Wawrow said in one of these threads towards the beginning of camp. The media is so assured that this is a huge issue in the locker room and they're trying really hard to get a quote that would hint at it being true. The reality is that these guys are just focused on football when they're there. It's not hard for them or anyone else in a profession they love.

Is John Wawrow vaccinated!?!?

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Media and their cynical perspectives.  lol
One of the strongest emotions i get form Our current Bills under McBeanes is that yes  to the bolded. Trust the Process folks . it has gotten us this far

Go Bills

ty ^^^^^^

14 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Because those vaccinated can still spread it, also if by small chance a vaccinated person still gets it, the symptoms are mild large majority of time. Un-vaccinated are subject to serious symptoms that are life threatening for many.

So that's the difference

I think the issues I have are with the mask requirements and testing requirements.  If the vaccinated can still transmit, then why are they tested less frequently and not subject to mask requirements and limitation of gatherings etc?

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Success said:

I know what you're saying, but this topic shouldn't be off limits right now. It is THE biggest issue as we go into a season filled w/ promise.  I don't see why we should be all "Ssssshhhhhh" about it.  I get that discussions need to stay centered on football, but I think they are in the context of this thread.

And on this note....these topics should Absolutely be able to be discussed here, but I just removed a veritable Coleslaw (see what I did there?) of posts, warned 2 guys, and have a list of 5 more chaps who are gonna be hearing from me...

....apparently, we CAN'T discuss these topics without bringing up every Cat's opinions on Covid, Politics, and all sorts of other schutff.

If someone wants to start a new McD presser thread with the link to the presser and some quotes, I'll support.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4