Except for Josh, is Trubisky best QB since Bledsoe?

3 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

TOTALLY and totally agree with this......the later WAY more than the former but yeah.  Lets LOCK up Daboll.....for a LONG time....not gonna happen but hey we can dream right?

I really think that part of Trubisky’s thinking to sign with Bills was that Dabol will like him, see him every day, get a HC job somewhere next year, and strongly suggest his new (lousy) team sign him either as starter or backup. 

I think that’s smart. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I really think that part of Trubisky’s thinking to sign with Bills was that Dabol will like him, see him every day, get a HC job somewhere next year, and strongly suggest his new (lousy) team sign him either as starter or backup. 

I think that’s smart. 

It feels like a good year for it, I'm sure some names will rise up as the year goes but who's even the big QB name for next year's draft right now.

3 minutes ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

cmon guys. preseason. wait til week 5 or 6 til we get the hype train on. when its necessary. until then settle down

He’s played a lot. 29-21 as starter on Bears is actually fairly impressive. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Look at Bledsoe’s 2013 season… the offensive line was not great but the dude was god awful. Tyrod was the better QB here.

Mitch is better than both though.

Yeah Bledsoe was pretty shot when he was here. Had one half of good season with two good WR. Then sucked. Tyrod was better. 

8 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I think that’s smart. 

Not gonna say that you are wrong at all - just gonna say LOCK UP DABOLL!!!!  I know it isn't going to happen....everyone on the Bills staff from the ball boy on up proally wanna see Daboll move on to a HC position.....I get it.  But DAYAM if Pegs could take care of this before it happens???  Think about the distractions that WOULD NOT be in place when our Bills are sitting and waiting for the SB to play out.....just think about that.

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Look at Bledsoe’s 2013 season… the offensive line was not great but the dude was god awful. Tyrod was the better QB here.

Mitch is better than both though.

Lol. I don't need to relive Bledsoe. I know he was terrible that year and the next. He was the reason why when we moved on to JP my mantra was "can't be any worst then Bledsoe". I'm still not sure if I was right on wrong with that mantra which basically tells you how bad both were. 

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He should have been cut after that 2013 season. 

That's the second time you typed 2013 instead of 2003 Scott! You're off a decade my man. 

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I would say Mitch is one of the top 4 backups in the league. He's worlds better than Barkley but I'm afraid he's a 1 year rental. Webb & Fromm looked pretty meh.

I know. We really need to lock him up. We can't turn to Fromm or Webb next year. And injuries happen . Especially in the days of CTE and concussion precautions. Both Mahomes and Jackson were knocked out of entire 4th quarters of playoff games last year. 

• Like (+1) 1

I thought Trubisky was fine today but people are overreacting a bit to his performance. It is still just preseason. A lot of middling QBs looked good in preseason action today. He had a really good roster around him in Chicago and couldn't get it done.

Fitzpatrick is a better QB. Kyle Orton arguably was on the same level as Trubisky. There's a reason he had to settle for a backup job this year. The NFL doesn't even think he's good enough to be a bridge starter. Even Fitzpatrick has found a starting job over the last few years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

Trubisky played a fantastic half of a preseason game.  He's a guy with talent and lots of starting experience who looks to be an excellent backup for the Bills.  Can we just leave it at that?  I certainly don't want Josh to get hurt, but if he does, and Mitch plays a number of meaningful games the way he played that one half of a preseason game today, we can reopen this conversation.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

That's the second time you typed 2013 instead of 2003 Scott! You're off a decade my man. 

I know. We really need to lock him up. We can't turn to Fromm or Webb next year. And injuries happen . Especially in the days of CTE and concussion precautions. Both Mahomes and Jackson were knocked out of entire 4th quarters of playoff games last year. 

There is no way Trubisky will agree to be locked up. Regardless of price. He wants one year of rehabilitation and then sign with a team he has a chance to start with. The best we can hope for is him signing another one year deal after this one. But I doubt he would. 

• Agree 1

23 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It will cost a small bag to keep MT around. But he would be a helluva insurance policy. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I thought Trubisky was fine today but people are overreacting a bit to his performance. It is still just preseason. A lot of middling QBs looked good in preseason action today. He had a really good roster around him in Chicago and couldn't get it done.

Fitzpatrick is a better QB. Kyle Orton arguably was on the same level as Trubisky. There's a reason he had to settle for a backup job this year. The NFL doesn't even think he's good enough to be a bridge starter. Even Fitzpatrick has found a starting job over the last few years.

I don’t really agree. He had a crap roster in Chicago on offense in his four years. To me 29-21 on that team was pretty good not pretty bad. Their defense was good but skill players and coaching awful. 

Fitzy is a unique player. Maybe all time. If I had a crappy team Fitz can elevate them. If I have a good team, like the Bills do, I’m not sure a wildcard maniac like Fitz, who I love, is a better option than Trubisky.