Except for Josh, is Trubisky best QB since Bledsoe?

And almost Kelly?

To me, the only competition is Tyrod. And Tyrod obviously had his limitations. A lot of fans and posters here think that Trubisky is the best back up in the league. Unless you consider Tyrod a starter (and I like Tyrod more than most), that would assume Trubisky is a better option than Taylor. 

To me it’s very close. Neither are great. Neither might not be consistently good. But I think if I had to choose, right now, for who I’d rather lead the team if Josh went down, I may say Trubisky. 

Which would make him the best Bills QB since Drew Bledsoe. And maybe even Kelly. I think Trubisky would be as good as Bledsoe was at that time in his career.

And I don’t really think Trubisky is very good. As a starter, right now, no way. As a backup, hell yes. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Yeah Fitz may be a better option as back up. Very close. Fitzy on the Bills, although he played well at times, is not the Fitzy now, who is a great backup. 

It’s close. I like Fitzy. So I may choose him. But if, say, in a hypothetical, this year, if you needed a QB to play two games because Josh was hurt, would you rather have Fitzy or Trubisky. I think it’s a tough call. 

Normally I may say Fitz. But because the Bills are so deep, you may want the less erratic guy. You may want Matt. 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Mitch>Tyrod>Bledsoe.

Bledsoe ***** sucked.

Different QB's but oddly enough when it comes to their time with the Bills and their overall play Bledsoe and Tyrod were essentially the same QB. Good to very good first years with the Bills and then crap after that. Fitz belongs somewhere in the conversation of these four QB's too. 

If I could lock Mitch up to a one or two year extension today i would. Let's also throw a bunch of money at Daboll while we are at it. 

But yeah, even without a regular season snap, I would be confident in saying Mitch is at worst #3 since Bledsoe behind Fitz and Tyrod. Just basing that on Mitch's performances with the Bears prior and how crappy all the other Bills QB's were.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Just a little early to make that call.

You have the years he played on the Bears. Not great but winning record. Playoffs. With. Crappy receivers and coaching. He wasn’t good but he got way more blame than he deserved. 

I don’t think he’s great. But with all the weapons we have he’s a very good option. 

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yeah Fitz may be a better option as back up. Very close. Fitzy on the Bills, although he played well at times, is not the Fitzy now, who is a great backup. 

It’s close. I like Fitzy. So I may choose him. But if, say, in a hypothetical, this year, if you needed a QB to play two games because Josh was hurt, would you rather have Fitzy or Trubisky. I think it’s a tough call. 

Normally I may say Fitz. But because the Bills are so deep, you may want the less erratic guy. You may want Matt. 

I would go Mitch because even though both are mobile I think his athletic ability is a little closer to Allen's. And yeah, Mitch might not make some of the errant throws. And with our defensive hopefully being better this year based on the early look of the pass rush we don't need to be making overly risky throws.

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

Not sure it’s weird. It’s more a testament to how bad our choices were for decades. And how great it is to be thinking about a backup QB and not a starter. 

Mitch is on par with Tyrod. Where that ranks in franchise history, who cares?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I would go Mitch because even though both are mobile I think his athletic ability is a little closer to Allen's. And yeah, Mitch might not make some of the errant throws. And with our defensive hopefully being better this year based on the early look of the pass rush we don't need to be making overly risky throws.

Yeah. It’s really close. I saw some Bear games but not a ton. I didn’t think he was the problem though. 

So much, right or wrong, is expectation. If Trubisky was second pick of second round people would think he was pretty good. 

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

Mitch is on par with Tyrod. Where that ranks in franchise history, who cares?

Well then 98% of all threads on here are “who cares?”  😀

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

If I could lock Mitch up to a one or two year extension today i would. Let's also throw a bunch of money at Daboll while we are at it

TOTALLY and totally agree with this......the later WAY more than the former but yeah.  Lets LOCK up Daboll.....for a LONG time....not gonna happen but hey we can dream right?

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah.

Tyrods best year here was his 2nd year with the team. He was pretty mediocre in his first year with McDermott but the offensive talent around him also sucked.... Bledsoe had 8 good games and then was abysmal. His 2013 season was amazingly awful. 

I guess that case could be made since in Tyrod's 2nd year Watkins missed half the season. But statistically Tyrod was significantly better in passer rating his first year and also better in QBR his first year. But having Watkins, a bust, but still maybe our best receiver at the time, would have certainly helped Tyrod's numbers.

The thing that was really great about the 2016 team, Tyrod's second season with the Bills, is that we were a dominant rushing team.