Should Gilmore pout a bit more - a la Howard?

1 minute ago, maddenboy said:

Gilmore needs to "sit in."  You gotta show up if you play for BB.  Except you cant limp around with a fake injury around BB.

So its a dilemma for Gilmore.  Of course we hope he sits out, the situation drags on a for a long while before they break the bank for him and then he sucks big time on the field.

fixed it

• Haha (+1) 1

• IgotBILLStopay changed the title to Should Gilmore pout a bit more - a la Howard?

FUH K the pats… 

The more turmoil they experience the better for us, 

That is all,

Edited by Don Otreply

I think he likes playing for winners.  The trade-off was worth it in the Brady era. 

I don't want them to do this but strategically, the Pats should trade Gilmore for picks, and try to get a blue chip QB in next year's draft via record and/or draft assets. 

I'm a-ok with them being early 90s Pats for a decade. 😀

3 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

OK Gilmore is probably the most underpaid CB on a non-rookie deal in the NFL in terms of future dollars. We all need to encourage Gilmore to continue to sit out - a la Howard. Howard has shown it works.

I would say Howard has 2-3 high level years left, at age 28.  Gilmore is rightthere.  If I were the Pats I'd try to trade him to some sucker org like the Jets when they took Revis and he was pretty good in year one and sucked after that.  Right at age 30.  

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

OK Gilmore is probably the most underpaid CB on a non-rookie deal in the NFL in terms of future dollars. We all need to encourage Gilmore to continue to sit out - a la Howard. Howard has shown it works.

Howard has set the price!!!

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

parksandrec-ronswanson.gif

EDIT: actually.... yes I do.  I really think he should be paid top dollar so the camera can focus in on him nicely and tight when he gets beat by Diggs and we can see his "WTF happened" look

r705223_1296x729_16-9.jpg?fit=1296,729&s

Edited by The Wiz

New England enjoyed a situation for years where quality free agents would sign below market rate contracts for the chance to gain a Super Bowl ring.  If Buffalo can maintain their superiority over New England this season, that bonus will continue to dry up of the Patriots, and they will start having to pay market rate.  Conversely, Buffalo may start enjoying more of a "winners' discount" with free agents.   Whine on Stephon!

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

Gilmore seems like a strange character. I thought that from the day we drafted him and listening to all his interviews while he was in Buffalo. Very odd character indeed. 

Agreed.  I never felt like he was all in here, and really not in NE either.  Obviously a tremendously talented player but seems like there's some other place he'd rather be

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/8/2021 at 10:28 AM, IgotBILLStopay said:

Who's Howard?

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

If you're not concerned with the perception of being a DB, it can be both things at the same time 😆 just gotta stomp your feet loud enough

I'm guessing DB does not mean Defensive Back :D

• Haha (+1) 1