Afghanistan

It's embarrassing when the president sets a deadline for pulling out of Afghanistan on September 11 (why in the world pick that date?) and then the American embassy is forced to close up shop weeks before the deadline when the Taliban capture Kabul.

The good news is that Biden will punish the Taliban by not inviting them to next year's Paris Climate summit.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeviF said:

lol the fourth estate can’t make me care about some shithole country when they’ve actively tried to burn this one. Not happening. Sorry you have to carry that burden. 

So you’re OK with religious zealots wiping out all the women and children?  Do you have any recollection of Nazi Germany?

3 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Tens of thousands of homeless here in the US and he wants to save some woman and children half a world and a few centuries away.  

They do not have to be mutually exclusive.  That’s the problem with the simple minded folks that populate this part of the board; you are incapable of cogent thought.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

So you’re OK with religious zealots wiping out all the women and children?  Do you have any recollection of Nazi Germany?

Every once in awhile somebody posts something that I have to read a couple of times to figure out. I’ve read this one at least a half dozen and still have no idea what you’re trying to get at. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Every once in awhile somebody posts something that I have to read a couple of times to figure out. I’ve read this one at least a half dozen and still have no idea what you’re trying to get at. 

Nazi Germany tried to wipe out a religion, Jews, because they believed in a master race.  The Taliban wants to wipe out women, children and men because of religion.  Both are genocidal acts.  Both the Nazis and the Taliban want to take over the world based on warped religious and political views.  We fought a world war to stop the first one.  But now we’re OK with allowing Afghanis to be wiped out.

10 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Nazi Germany tried to wipe out a religion, Jews, because they believed in a master race.  The Taliban wants to wipe out women, children and men because of religion.  Both are genocidal acts.  Both the Nazis and the Taliban want to take over the world based on warped religious and political views.  We fought a world war to stop the first one.  But now we’re OK with allowing Afghanis to be wiped out.

Thanks 

So you believe the Taliban want to exterminate Muslim women and children in order to take over the world for Islam? Somebody better tell them to recalibrate. That’s a horrible plan. 😂😂

Edited by SoCal Deek

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks 

So you believe the Taliban want to exterminate Muslim women and children in order to take over the world for Islam? Somebody better tell them to recalibrate. That’s a horrible plan. 😂😂

That is absolutely their plan.  They want to subjugate all men, women and children to their twisted ideology.  And  destroy Jews, other Muslims, and other civilizations to achieve that.

But you think it’s funny.  Pardon me if I don’t laugh.

38 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That is absolutely their plan.  They want to subjugate all men, women and children to their twisted ideology.  And  destroy Jews, other Muslims, and other civilizations to achieve that.

But you think it’s funny.  Pardon me if I don’t laugh.

Get a sense of humor. It’ll do you good. So they intend to kill all the presently Muslim women and children so they can go find some new non-Muslim women and children who they can covert into being Muslim women and children that they can then exterminate tomorrow? Is that it? That’s the plan? 

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Get a sense of humor. It’ll do you good. So they intend to kill all the presently Muslim women and children so they can go find some new non-Muslim women and children who they can covert into being Muslim women and children that they can then exterminate tomorrow? Is that it? That’s the plan? 

They will kill any women and children that have dared to do things like try and be educated.  If they don’t kill them they will subjugate them to a life of slavery and misery.  But I forget, you think that’s funny.  

If you have a wife or daughters, ask them if they share your sense of humor.

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

They do not have to be mutually exclusive.  That’s the problem with the simple minded folks that populate this part of the board; you are incapable of cogent thought.

The third reich was an existential threat to the balance of world power, and even then we were late. Your comparison is poor and unconvincing. 

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

The third reich was an existential threat to the balance of world power, and even then we were late. Your comparison is poor and unconvincing. 

Genocide is genocide.  And if you don’t think the Taliban and their ilk don’t want to take over the world you’re naive at best.

23 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Genocide is genocide.  And if you don’t think the Taliban and their ilk don’t want to take over the world you’re naive at best.

I didn’t make any claims about what they may want to do. 

And again, no amount of hand wringing can get me to care about a country half a world away when the hand wingers actively attempt to turn this country into a third world hellhole. 

If you want to go feel free. 

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

I didn’t make any claims about what they may want to do. 

And again, no amount of hand wringing can get me to care about a country half a world away when the hand wingers actively attempt to turn this country into a third world hellhole. 

If you want to go feel free. 

Folks like you really have no understanding of what America really is.

They will kill any women and children that have dared to do things like try and be educated.  If they don’t kill them they will subjugate them to a life of slavery and misery.  But I forget, you think that’s funny.  

If you have a wife or daughters, ask them if they share your sense of humor.

You really need to settle down today and put your outrage to better use. Having a sense of humor is different than not taking things seriously, so once again get off your holy than thou high horse. If you want to go fight the Taliban by all means go for it! Or is possible you just want other people to fight them? Remember, I think Biden is a clueless ass for pulling out of there with so little planning or foresight…but he’s the Commander in Chief nitwit that supposedly 85 million Americans voted for. You don’t like it? Catch a clue next time you go in and pull the lever.  This one is NOT on me. WHAT A MESS! (Is that serious enough for you? Do I have your approval?)

Edited by SoCal Deek

17 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And you seem to think America is only 80 years old. And that the world started around the same time. 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You really need to settle down today and put your outrage to better use. Having a sense of humor is different than not taking things seriously, so once again get off your holy than thou high horse. If you want to go fight the Taliban by all means go for it! Or is possible you just want other people to fight them? Remember, I think Biden is a clueless ass for pulling out of there with so little planning or foresight…but he’s the Commander in Chief nitwit that supposedly 85 million Americans voted for. You don’t like it? Catch a clue next time you go in and pull the lever.  This one is NOT on me. WHAT A MESS! (Is that serious enough for you? Do I have your approval?)

And who wanted to pull out last term?  Biden is wrong on this issue.  So was Trump.  So were Obama and Bush.  The Taliban should have been crushed way back in 2001-2002.

As far as who to vote for, you vote based on overall policies candidates espouse, not single issues.  But because you are so enamored with attaching your lips to Trump’s genitalia you don’t get that either.

18 minutes ago, LeviF said:

And you seem to think America is only 80 years old. And that the world started around the same time. 

No I understand America.   America stands for democracy, stands for justice, stands for freedom.  America stands for the oppressed, for human rights.  America recognizes its role as a superpower and has responsibilities to lead in the world.   Americans are not afraid of recognizing that we are an imperfect union, and despite our standing as a model to follow we can always do better.  America is not afraid to allow its citizens to exert their rights as outlined in your Constitution.  Americans when faced with a crisis band together.

All of these are America, except that many of these have changed in the past 5 years.  And it’s easy to see why.

7 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

No I understand America.   America stands for democracy, stands for justice, stands for freedom.  America stands for the oppressed, for human rights.  America recognizes its role as a superpower and has responsibilities to lead in the world.   Americans are not afraid of recognizing that we are an imperfect union, and despite our standing as a model to follow we can always do better.  America is not afraid to allow its citizens to exert their rights as outlined in your Constitution.  Americans when faced with a crisis band together.

All of these are America, except that many of these have changed in the past 5 years.  And it’s easy to see why.

I didn’t read past the second sentence. 

Our purpose in Afghanistan was never to spread justice or whatever. It was to spread neoliberal government and protect the heroin supply. Go ahead, find an Afghanistan vet and ask him if he knew anyone who guarded poppies. 

Edited by LeviF
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

I didn’t read past the second sentence. 

Our purpose in Afghanistan was never to spread justice or whatever. It was to spread neoliberal government and protect the heroin supply. Go ahead, find an Afghanistan vet and ask him if he knew anyone who guarded poppies. 

You didn’t read it because you’re anti-America.

Edited by oldmanfan

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You didn’t read it because you’re anti-America.

No, I’m America first. And sending your grandchildren to get sniped and blown up by goat*****ing mountain men ain’t it. 

Twenty years, old man. Soon the airport in Kabul will fall and NATO will be scrambling to come up with little known synonyms for surrender. And somewhere along the way you forgot the lessons you should have learned fifty years ago during the fall of another third world shithole city. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

And who wanted to pull out last term?  Biden is wrong on this issue.  So was Trump.  So were Obama and Bush.  The Taliban should have been crushed way back in 2001-2002.

As far as who to vote for, you vote based on overall policies candidates espouse, not single issues.  But because you are so enamored with attaching your lips to Trump’s genitalia you don’t get that either.

Oh stop it. You’re truly on a roll today. You OK? Lots of anger spewing from your posts lately. It’s not the Old Man I’ve been accustomed to. 

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Who said they have to be mutually exclusive?  It wasn’t my point that it’s one or the other.  And you say I’m incapable of cogent thought.  🤦🏻‍♂️

Tell us old man. What is America…..really??

50 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We stand for all those things and do you feel we are supposed to impose all those ideals on the rest of the world at the point of a spear? 

The Taliban are in the process, right now, of conquering a large part of the middle east. They've taken alot more than just Afghanistan, it's just that's the only thing we hear about in America. They've taken half of Iraq, Yemen, Syria, and they have their sights on Saudi Arabia and UAE. Their goal is to control the resources (oil). 

America really effed it all up by killing Sadam Hussain  because he balanced out the middle east, he prevented the Taliban from running amok which they are now doing. 

Talk to a middle easterner and you will gain a whole new perspective on what is going on there. 

They are probably on par with the Nazis as far as genocide and war at this point, but no one wants to go over to those god forsaken deserts to fight and stop them 

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh stop it. You’re truly on a roll today. You OK? Lots of anger spewing from your posts lately. It’s not the Old Man I’ve been accustomed to. 

I’m tired of reading the fake patriotism on this board and it’s coming out today.  I apologize to you because we tend to agree a lot, but you got the brunt of my frustrations.  I do not apologize to some others here.  

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

We stand for all those things and do you feel we are supposed to impose all those ideals on the rest of the world at the point of a spear? 

We should model these for the rest of the world.  And what are we doing now?  Taking a health crisis and making it a political football.  Threatening our own democracy by threatening the right to vote.  It’s disgraceful.

And when the Taliban takes over and starts slaughtering people, you’re damn right we should go in and stop it.  We should have years ago.

How can anyone actually support this Administration anymore?  

You can be a Democrat and admit this admin is a disaster.  

Even with media cover and a tribally-loyal public, Biden is beginning to fall below 50% in polling.   

Biden didn’t need to follow Trump’s lead and pull out of Afghanistan.  But he should have, and did.  Therefore, this is on him.  He gets credit for pulling out and he gets blame for what’s happening now. 

His plan has been about as bad as it gets, and has lead to one of the more embarrassing foreign policy moments that we’ve ever had.  Don’t invoke Trump in this, Trump isn’t President.  

We have the worst inflation in decades, a southern border that’s falling apart, more divided than ever, high crime rates, parents revolting at schools teaching Biden-endorsed CRT, no plan for Covid, bombing Africa for some reason, and Afghanistan is an abject disaster.  

Has this garbage administration made anything better?

Edited by SCBills

13 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I’m tired of reading the fake patriotism on this board and it’s coming out today.  I apologize to you because we tend to agree a lot, but you got the brunt of my frustrations.  I do not apologize to some others here.  

We should model these for the rest of the world.  And what are we doing now?  Taking a health crisis and making it a political football.  Threatening our own democracy by threatening the right to vote.  It’s disgraceful.

And when the Taliban takes over and starts slaughtering people, you’re damn right we should go in and stop it.  We should have years ago.

So how do you suggest we operationally and tactically eliminate forever the Taliban. 

21 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So how do you suggest we operationally and tactically eliminate forever the Taliban. 

I already told you.  Get our allies together and go in with massive, overwhelming force.  Put hundreds of thousands of troops there and keep them there until the threat is eradicated.  

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I already told you.  Get our allies together and go in with massive, overwhelming force.  Put hundreds of thousands of troops there and keep them there until the threat is eradicated.  

I see. And what will be the cost of this adventure and wouldn’t those dollars be better used on OUR problems?  Why so concerned about the Afghanis?   Does the Taliban pose a threat to us? 

28 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How can anyone actually support this Administration anymore?  

You can be a Democrat and admit this admin is a disaster.  

Even with media cover and a tribally-loyal public, Biden is beginning to fall below 50% in polling.   

Biden didn’t need to follow Trump’s lead and pull out of Afghanistan.  But he should have, and did.  Therefore, this is on him.  He gets credit for pulling out and he gets blame for what’s happening now. 

His plan has been about as bad as it gets, and has lead to one of the more embarrassing foreign policy moments that we’ve ever had.  Don’t invoke Trump in this, Trump isn’t President.  

We have the worst inflation in decades, a southern border that’s falling apart, more divided than ever, high crime rates, parents revolting at schools teaching Biden-endorsed CRT, no plan for Covid, bombing Africa for some reason, and Afghanistan is an abject disaster.  

Has this garbage administration made anything better?

Let’s take a few of these.  Biden is wrong on Afghanistan, no question.  The border is no better or worse because we refuse to do what’s needed, arrest those who employ undocumented immigrants and deal with the countries and their drug cartels and such that force people to flee for their lives to try and get here.  Crime rates are high because mayors and cities refuse to let police do what they need to do, because police refuse to weed out the bad apples that sew so much distrust, and because pastors and other inner city leaders refuse to guide the youth correctly.  The teaching CRT thing is abject nonsense framed up by Trumpists looking for a bizarre issue; secondary schools do not teach CRT and parents are shamefully using their own kids as political pawns.  The current administration has a great plan for Covid:  they are called vaccines but again the Trumpists and other morons (and that includes minority groups in the inner cities) refuse to listen to reason and science and instead put up false boogeymen.  And I haven’t followed the Africa thing.

9 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

We would lose, badly 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I see. And what will be the cost of this adventure and wouldn’t those dollars be better used on OUR problems?  Why so concerned about the Afghanis?   Does the Taliban pose a threat to us? 

Yes they do.  And even if they didn’t pose an immediate threat, America is supposed to stand against threats to humanity.

Just now, TSOL said:

We would lose, badly 

Nope.  Hundreds of thousands of troops.  Until the job is done.  Only reason we’d lose is if we give in to folks like you that want to turn America into a weakling.

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Yes they do.  And even if they didn’t pose an immediate threat, America is supposed to stand against threats to humanity.

We are?  Ok then. Based on that we need to get to work.  When to nukes fly against the CCP. 

14 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

That won’t work.

They will just wait until the troops pull out. 

There is no eradication. That’s the reality, but for some reason you think American soldiers are expendable for your fantasyland.

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

We are?  Ok then. Based on that we need to get to work.  When to nukes fly against the CCP. 

You negotiate first with the CCP.  You can’t negotiate with the Taliban because you cannot negotiate with irrational zealots that want to destroy you.  You destroy them.

1 minute ago, Commsvet11 said:

That won’t work.

They will just wait until the troops pull out. 

There is no eradication. That’s the reality, but for some reason you think American soldiers are expendable for your fantasyland.

No I have faith in our military.  They are the finest fighting force the world has ever seen.