Afghanistan

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

And how would you go about wiping out the Taliban once and for all?  Cockroaches always come back after “extermination.”  I always felt our presence was needed there and other Middle East shitholes to keep the terrorists occupied fighting us there instead of here. It’s a conundrum in my mind. 

No he’s not aged well at all!

Oh…..you mean his statement 

Carry on……

Overwhelming force.  Get our allies together and put a million troops in there.

This Afghan rout is entirely on Joe Biden

New York Post, by Editorial

It doesn’t get more idiotic: “The Taliban also has to make an assessment about what they want their role to be in the international community,” White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said with a straight face Wednesday.Oh, and the State Department has sent diplomats to “press the Taliban to stop their military offensive and to negotiate a political settlement, which is the only path to stability and development in Afghanistan.” They’re also begging to have the US embassy in Kabul left alone, warning that future US aid is at risk — and so effectively promising that we’ll actually subsidize these barbarians.

Hello? The Taliban have never given a damn about world opinion or “stability and development.” They were a global pariah when they ruled Afghanistan in the ’90s, ignoring the handwringing as they crushed the country’s women, destroyed those 1,500-year-old Buddha statues and hosted the al Qaeda plotters of 9/11.

And they haven’t changed a whit since, blowing off all diplomatic efforts these last 20 years to get them to abandon their drive to reconquer the country.

These are fanatics out of the 10th century. They’re turning girls as young as 12 into sex slaves as they advance.

We didn’t disagree with Biden’s move to remove the last US ground forces, just as Donald Trump promised as well when he was in office. That’s plainly what most Americans wanted, too. Afghanistan had become an endless war.

But any pullout had to have a plan. Not an utterly disastrous cut-and-run, with virtually no provision for the Afghans who worked with us all these years.

https://nypost.com/2021/08/12/this-afghan-rout-is-entirely-on-joe-biden/

Afghanistan Falling Just A Month After Biden Says It’s Unlikely Taliban Will Take Over

https://lidblog.com/biden-afghanistan-plan-unravel/

“So the question now is, where do they go from here?  That — the jury is still out. 

But the likelihood there’s going to be the Taliban overrunning everything and owning the whole country is highly unlikely.”

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Pentagon sends 3,000 troops BACK to Afghanistan to evacuate Americans and won't say whether US will stay past August 31: State Dept announces Kabul embassy drawdown as Taliban captures 12 cities

by Morgan Phillips & Chris Pleasance

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9887967/Biden-administration-pleads-Taliban-terrorists-advance-Kabul.html

🤦‍♂️

joe…. Shortest lived withdrawal in history. Now we are sending troops into a previously stable region which is now exceedingly dangerous again. 

Where is the media crucifying this sequence of events??

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

🤦‍♂️

joe…. Shortest lived pull withdrawal in history. Now we are sending troops into a previously stable region which is now exceedingly dangerous again. 

Where is the media crucifying this sequence of events??

And where is Joe? Yep…He’s on VACATION! So classic. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Surely they read this encouraging headline?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.usnews.com/news/world-report/articles/2021-08-12/china-prepared-to-recognize-taliban-if-kabul-falls-sources-say-undermining-us-threats%3fcontext=amp

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

And where is Joe? Yep…He’s on VACATION! So classic. 

But hey he wore that tan suit in homage… and he like ice cream.  So there’s that 

5 hours ago, TSOL said:

It's Iran, Iran is the problem. 

They need to smolder, but nobody's got the sack to do it. 

China benefits the most since they are actively undermining the U.S. position in the world  - this is a huge propaganda win for them.  Biggest since the covid coup.

And has a plan for none of them.  

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Because they are going to commit genocide on the women and children there, and the decent people of the world should not allow that to ever happen again.

I know this sounds cruel but why is this our job to save them?  They have men right?  

1 hour ago, oldmanfan said:

Because they are going to commit genocide on the women and children there, and the decent people of the world should not allow that to ever happen again.

The problem is the people running governments and setting policy and making decisions on these matters are not what I'd call "decent people".  They are generally sociopaths obsessed with acquiring and growing their power and wealth.  And stepping on anyone that gets in their way.  In fact, while there are likely moral and ethical leaders somewhere I'm hard-pressed to name any current head-of-state of any Western nation that I would consider "decent".

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

The problem is the people running governments and setting policy and making decisions on these matters are not what I'd call "decent people".  They are generally sociopaths obsessed with acquiring and growing their power and wealth.  And stepping on anyone that gets in their way.  In fact, while there are likely moral and ethical leaders somewhere I'm hard-pressed to name any current head-of-state of any Western nation that I would consider "decent".

Just ask Billstime and he’ll give you a long list of everyone with a (D) after their name. It’s the very definition of “decent”. In fact that’s what “D” stands for…no?

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

lol the fourth estate can’t make me care about some shithole country when they’ve actively tried to burn this one. Not happening. Sorry you have to carry that burden. 

Just now, LeviF said:

lol the fourth estate can’t make me care about some shithole country when they’ve actively tried to burn this one. Not happening. Sorry you have to carry that burden. 

Tens of thousands of homeless here in the US and he wants to save some woman and children half a world and a few centuries away.