Training Camp practice 7/29

3 hours ago, H2o said:

I hope they practice in the rain, as long as it's just rain and not a thunderstorm of any kind. Reason being so Josh can light it up throwing the football and then all of the herbs who were making the rain excuse for Tua can chime in. 

Tua shall now and forever  be referred to as “ Mr Velocity” 😆😂😁

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Cant love people in slices have to take the whole pie

I'll take that whole pie in the 4th qrtr of a tight game, but he doesn't need to be leading Diggs into trouble in the first half of a game where we're dominating somebody.

Diggs is tougher than hell but we are going to end up losing him if Josh isn't a little bit more conscientious about protecting him when discretion should take precedence over valor.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Those are better than mine were from last season.  Jealous! 

"Bills Mafia donates to the charity of a serial killer because they eat ranch with their victim's brains"  😂

"Pat Moran tweets to new Bills reporter to be on his podcast to talk wings" 😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'll take that whole pie in the 4th qrtr of a tight game, but he doesn't need to be leading Diggs into trouble in the first half of a game where we're dominating somebody.

Diggs is tougher than hell but we are going to end up losing him if Josh isn't a little bit more conscientious about protecting him when discretion should take precedence over valor.

I alluded to this a few months back on one of the JA highlights threads.

I think that was a big part of the discussion about working the middle of the field routes. The coaches self scout and he does and he clearly got his receivers blown up a few times unnecessarily. 
     When he starts leading Them into open spots and hitting them in stride, the sky is the limit.

Last year, he seemed to understand the defensive coverages and where the open AREAS where. Let’s see when understand where the open SPOTS are. Still a work in progress but I so trust him/ them to take another sizable step forward.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Also floated hospital ball on run to Diggs.

This is one area I would really like to see Allen improve on.

Diggs is not always going to protect himself so there are going to be times where Josh needs to do it for him.

I understand your point, but if Josh is going to work on how/where he throws under pressure, perhaps now is the time when pads are off?

Just a note for the fans "Jonesing" for video, per Jon Scott

"All of the highlights coming during the portion of practice where local media is not allowed to shoot video or even still photos."

I believe I read somewhere (from Matt Fairburn perhaps?) that the same rules as last season would apply, the credentialed media are not allowed to report on which players took reps with which team unit (1sts, 2nds etc)

Last but not least per the above, Siran Neal intercepted a Mitch Trubisky pass:

Siran Neal also making his presence known on Day 2, intercepting a pass thrown by Mitchell Trubisky and gaining some good yards after the pick.

Neal earning high praise from both Hyde and Jordan Poyer afterwards, which each noting how Neal might be the best overall athlete either have ever played with.

The 2018 5th round pick has shown great versatility since being drafted by the Bills, beginning at safety and now playing both inside and outside cornerback.

Elsewhere  being reported that Neal picked Josh:

It makes more sense that if it was Trubisky's reps, Allen would be able to go talk to Daboll about it vs. pausing the entire practice while the QB confers with the OC which is not the usual SOP as far as I've seen, but we're still having some "Rashoman" moments from the press unless Neal had 2 picks in today's practice (which would be highly noteworthy)

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Also floated hospital ball on run to Diggs.

This is one area I would really like to see Allen improve on.

Diggs is not always going to protect himself so there are going to be times where Josh needs to do it for him.

What is a "hospital ball?"