Training Camp practice 7/29

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Wow - 16 OL guys!  Thats A LOT of camp bodies!!!  And 10 LB's for essentially 2 spots!!!  I understand the ST's guys and all but wow....

Out of curiosity, anyone know what they get paid per day to be a camp body?

12 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

Wow - 16 OL guys!  Thats A LOT of camp bodies!!!  And 10 LB's for essentially 2 spots!!!  I understand the ST's guys and all but wow....

Happy to see it on the O line.

They need to not only field an improved line but need to make sure to get them through camp in one piece.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

We do play 4-3 some of the time-- not a huge percentage, but noteworthy-- so , three spots for LB, really. Plus, Matekevich is a ST guy, and only played defensive snaps when Edmunds, and Milano were injured, iirc. 

But, with those injuries, and relying so much on Edmunds, and Milano, linebacker was certainly a weak area on D, last season. We need some depth there, for sure.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Practice is at 10am. Just a heads up it sounds like rain is in the forecast, and if they move inside I’m not sure if the media still has access or not. Last year they didn’t but I don’t know if protocols are different this year. 

I hope they practice in the rain, as long as it's just rain and not a thunderstorm of any kind. Reason being so Josh can light it up throwing the football and then all of the herbs who were making the rain excuse for Tua can chime in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wjag said:

Well Ralph used to pay the guys in free ice cream. Pretty sure the Pegula's pay them a little more. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, wjag said:

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/explained-do-players-get-paid-nfl-training-camp

Basically about $3,400 for a rookie, and $6,400 (plus whatever may be in their contract) for the month, plus housing, food, training facilities, and recovery/rehab services of trainers.

So, for example, a vet like Forrest Lamp who may or may not make the team, signed a contract with $137,000 signing bonus and $350,000 guaranteed (bonus plus part of his salary). If the Bills cut him, he walks away with $350,000 for his OTA and training camp work, in addition to the $6,400 training camp money.

But others like Jake Kumerow, Justin Zimmer, Tanner Gentry, Mike Love, or Joe Giles Harris just get that training camp per-diem summing to $6,400 plus food and housing etc.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like it’s inside?

• Like (+1) 1