It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

EXCLUSIVE U.S. plans to extend transport mask mandate through Jan. 18, 2022 sources say

Last month, the CDC official who signed the mask order, Marty Cetron, told Reuters the transit mask mandates have been effective.

"Masks are really powerful and we should make sure they're part of our arsenal," Cetron said. "The truth is that the unvaccinated portion that's out there is extremely vulnerable."

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/exclusive-us-expected-extend-transportation-mask-mandate-through-jan-18-sources-2021-08-17/

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Year 3 coming up!

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

"Masks are really powerful and we should make sure they're part of our arsenal," Cetron said. "The truth is that the unvaccinated portion that's out there is extremely vulnerable."

Yup they are vulnerable.  To themselves.   Your body, your choice.  

49 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I'm sure that like me, you're all read up on Scotland's emergency coronavirus powers and what this means and didn't just post this for shock value. 

So posting a Scottish Television tweet about the government extending their powers is not valid if I haven't read as much as you.

Okay, good to know.

I'm sure that you didn't post your response just for it's snarky value.

1 minute ago, B-Man said:

So posting a Scottish Television tweet about the government extending their powers is not valid if I haven't read as much as you.

Okay, good to know.

I'm sure that you didn't post your response just for it's snarky value.

If you don't know what it is, perhaps you shouldn't be posting about it. 

Or you could just spread it without knowing anything about it, as appears to be your MO. 

The media has successfully freaked enough people out with this Delta variant so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this.  Having kids wear masks beats hybrid learning but there's no real science that supports masks in the classroom.

E8_j0vlXsAQ6g2W?format=jpg&name=medium

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The media has successfully freaked enough people out with this Delta variant so I guess I shouldn't be surprised by this.  Having kids wear masks beats hybrid learning but there's no real science that supports masks in the classroom.

Disgusting… people sacrificing our kids development because grown ups are scared of a virus that they can get vaccinated against. 

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I would agree if it were not the delta variant, but it is much more infectious and more kids thus are being infected.  If the data in Missouri hold up, it would appear that the infection rate from delta starts to wane after a month or so.  Kids can wear masks for a bit longer until the delta starts to wane, and as more and more people get vaccinated.

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

92% of Dems support it??  That's some sheeple right there!  

20 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

How many of those "adults" have kids in school?  

1 hour ago, Sundancer said:

VA data, again, in case @Buffalo Timmy didn't read it the other times I posted it. 

image.thumb.png.85d48479fb68d5c1f4f2472a251db23c.png

This clearly shows how vaccines don't work after 6 months for most people. Observe the spike in vaccinated individual cases and deaths at about mid August. 

And let's not forget our brethren in England and their giant death spike. 

image.thumb.png.153469c668a5c587f5488e4952415536.png

I am curious where you got your table. NBC said there were 125k breakthrough cases on July 30th. Your table shows it never get close to 500 on any given week. One of these tables is incorrect. Even if each day was 500 breakthrough it would take 250 days to reach that total. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1275500

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

I would agree if it were not the delta variant, but it is much more infectious and more kids thus are being infected.  If the data in Missouri hold up, it would appear that the infection rate from delta starts to wane after a month or so.  Kids can wear masks for a bit longer until the delta starts to wane, and as more and more people get vaccinated.

There's little evidence that anything other than N95/KN95 masks help at all at stopping the spread of the Delta variant.  Even those advanced masks are subject to debate.  Kids are still extremely unlikely to die from this virus.  By hiding teacher's and other student's lips it negatively impacts the development of their social and linguistic skills.  This is really problematic for students who have hearing impairments or are on the autism spectrum.  The negative benefits of masks for children in schools far outweigh the positive benefits imo.

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

How many of those "adults" have kids in school?  

There may be this false assumption that in order to go back into full person learning then mask mandates are a must.

1 hour ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am curious where you got your table. NBC said there were 125k breakthrough cases on July 30th. Your table shows it never get close to 500 on any given week. One of these tables is incorrect. Even if each day was 500 breakthrough it would take 250 days to reach that total. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1275500

Let's start with the hard question for you: How many states are there? 

When you get that answer, you will start to answer your question if you look really closely at the first two letters of my post that you questioned.  

Oh and since you're once again chicken little over-reacting with your link to OH MY GAWSH 125,000 CASES SINCE JULY, precisely what percentage breakthrough is 125,000 cases for 168,000,000 vaccinated people? 20% 10% 2%? 1% 0.5% Can't be lower than that can it? 

You make this too easy, again helping me show how dumb your statement that "in most cases the vaccine doesn't work after 6 months" is perhaps the dumbest thing said in this thread, with a lot of dumb things. But at this point you've sextupled down on stupidity and keep linking stories that undermine your statement. Keep it up: Post another link. 

Edited by Sundancer

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

New case 7 day average across US with vaccine in hand now 3 times what it was this time last year at this time when the pandemic was the fault of the sitting President. 

Double standard personified 

I don't care about the case rate.  Give me the death rate.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't care about the case rate.  Give me the death rate.

Cases up. 

Deaths are half of what they were last summer.  

No one is talking about this.  

Delta has been here since April - minimum.