DeSantis For President in 2024?

2 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I was banned awhile and now it looks like you guys abandoned the meatball campaign and are back on trump's nutz. As expected

He's the frontrunner.  No different than you guys being on Joke's nutz despite him being a disaster.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

elitism? Desantis himself is a harvard/yale elitist. Hows that a criticism of me in the context of this conversation

I'm referencing your attempt to call Florida trailer park.  From bond ratings to private investment and migration.  Winning while blue states are dying. 

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Florida has more trailer parks than any state besides Texas

Lmao.  Maybe someday you will leave Amherst and see for yourself.   Many are probably way nicer/larger  than the apartment your in.

Well, the first unique feature of Texas is it has the highest number of mobile home parks in the United States. Texas comes in first and there's a very close tie for second between California and Florida. But Texas is where the industry has its largest number of opportunities.

Florida has more trailer parks than any state besides Texas

Ny leads the nation in public housing 

In 2022, New York had the highest number of public housing units among all the states in the United States

Is that an insult.  

Edited by Tommy Callahan

On 12/3/2023 at 12:01 PM, JaCrispy said:

This is just typical Republican talking points…They always say they will replace Obamacare because it is red meat for the base…But they won’t do anything, in the end…👍

I wish the Republicans would do something about Obama Care. I just shopped the exchange for a 23-year-old's policy. It was $400 a month with high deductibles. Outrageous. Affordable Care my azz.

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, boater said:

I wish the Republicans would do something about Obama Care. I just shopped the exchange for a 23-year-old's policy. It was $400 a month with high deductibles. Outrageous. Affordable Care my azz.

Healthcare is too hard for Republicans - Trump told us so.

Probably yeah

why do you want to ban people that disagree with you? 

I don’t. I’m ok with people being banned that never have anything interesting or clever to share. Admittedly that would be the end of PPP. I just don’t think the repetitive use of “meatball” meets either of those requirements. I know you enjoy it though so please carry on. You will be a victim and be forced to disappear again before long. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

yes by a mile, republicans are on their knees for trump

You can thank the Dems.  He's only gotten stronger in the polls and is leading Joke since/because they started going after him with all these charges.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

nah, you guys choose to get on your knees for trump.

you have other options, you can’t blame it on dems, just own it. You are on your knees for trump and that’s your choice 

Sure I can blame it on the Dems.  DeSantis was close early-on and then the Dems started charging Trump left and right and he shot up in the polls.  What they hoped to achieve backfired spectacularly.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sure I can blame it on the Dems.  DeSantis was close early-on and then the Dems started charging Trump left and right and he shot up in the polls. 

So there was no earthly way DeSantis could have anticipated any of the strategies that have kneecapped his campaign?  Not from the Dems, not from Trump, not from anybody? 

Is he just a poor little victim of the big bad wolves?

15 hours ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

So there was no earthly way DeSantis could have anticipated any of the strategies that have kneecapped his campaign?  Not from the Dems, not from Trump, not from anybody? 

Is he just a poor little victim of the big bad wolves?

It has less to do with DeSantis/his campaign than the Dems making Trump a sympathetic figure.  Not to mention Joke being a disaster and a mistake to have elected over Trump.

• Like (+1) 2

WATCH: Ron DeSantis Shows How It's Done in Declaration on How His Appointment Process Would Work As POTUS

As President, I will appoint people who are not trying to “be liked” or “invited to cocktail parties” in DC.

"If you want to be liked..then you're not going to do a good job.

You need people there that have that backbone to stand strong, take the incoming,

and know that you may not be representing the people inside official Washington...

but you are standing up for the rest of America outside the Beltway."

https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2023/12/20/ron-desantis-explains-how-his-appointment-practices-would-work-in-dc-n2167788

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

Latest poll shows DeSantis with ... 5 PERCENT of the Republican New Hampshire Primary vote.

Five percent?

I know he hasn't run a good campaign, but really ... I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy.

How could it have gone this wrong? I mean, objectively he should be a strong candidate in today's Republican Party. Is it really just a Cult of Trump after all?

DeSantis supporters, please chime in!

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Latest poll shows DeSantis with ... 5 PERCENT of the Republican New Hampshire Primary vote.

Five percent?

I know he hasn't run a good campaign, but really ... I'm starting to feel sorry for the guy.

How could it have gone this wrong? I mean, objectively he should be a strong candidate in today's Republican Party. Is it really just a Cult of Trump after all?

When you have a personality that falls short of Al Gore's - it happens.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Five percent?

Because they see fake polls like this and think Trump is really going to win this time

https://www.ajc.com/politics/ajc-poll-trump-leads-biden-in-pivotal-georgia/3MVR7TBMC5EDNEULPE5FA6GZXE/

They’re convinced of this - they’ve been seeing these polls since last year’s indictments/Democrat election interference to make Trump a martyr.  

It has absolutely nothing to do with DeSantis - who by the way showed well above the fake Iowa polls.  

It will be the same in NH.  

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Because they see fake polls like this and think Trump is really going to win this time

https://www.ajc.com/politics/ajc-poll-trump-leads-biden-in-pivotal-georgia/3MVR7TBMC5EDNEULPE5FA6GZXE/

They’re convinced of this - they’ve been seeing these polls since last year’s indictments/Democrat election interference to make Trump a martyr.  

It has absolutely nothing to do with DeSantis - who by the way showed well above the fake Iowa polls.  

Thanks for the response. We shall see. 

But his roughly 20% in the real (not poll) Iowa caucuses is pretty damn poor - looking at the average of the most recent Iowa polls, he was at 15.8%. So maybe he outperformed that by about 5 percentage points.

I don't like it because I'm an Anyone But Trump guy now, but it just looks like Trump is putting it away early ....

EDIT: I'm kind of amazed when polls these days turn out to be generally accurate. I mean, who answers a call from a pollster? But here, the polls had Trump at 52.4% in Iowa. Pretty damn close ...

Edited by The Frankish Reich

On 1/17/2024 at 10:08 AM, Big Blitz said:

Bumping this one.

For obvious reasons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I'm no Ron fan. But even I'm a little confused (dare I say disturbed?) by how he got zero traction. Why?

Well, because he has been an effective governor of a big state. I don't agree with a lot (most) of his policy agenda. But he's pushed it through, and he's been generally a forceful and accomplished practitioner of the modern post-Trump agenda. Scott Walker was pretty similar in 2015: he reoriented Wisconsin politics in a more pre-Trump Republican direction, despite having a fairly slim margin in the state house and in the voters as a whole.

So here's what I glean from that: at least in the (post-modern/post-Trump) Republican Party, accomplishment in government really counts for nothing. Zero. No one cares. No one wants to hear about your record. It is irrelevant. It may even be worse than irrelevant - that is, an actual negative - because it shows that you've been a part of the government before. We dismiss you, Scott, Ron, probably Nikki starting next week. All that "Governor is the best experience for a Presidential candidate" stuff we heard since Reagan, through Bush 43? Over.

Eff your resume.

We like the septuagenarian insult comic.

10 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I'm no Ron fan. But even I'm a little confused (dare I say disturbed?) by how he got zero traction. Why?

Well, because he has been an effective governor of a big state. I don't agree with a lot (most) of his policy agenda. But he's pushed it through, and he's been generally a forceful and accomplished practitioner of the modern post-Trump agenda. Scott Walker was pretty similar in 2015: he reoriented Wisconsin politics in a more pre-Trump Republican direction, despite having a fairly slim margin in the state house and in the voters as a whole.

So here's what I glean from that: at least in the (post-modern/post-Trump) Republican Party, accomplishment in government really counts for nothing. Zero. No one cares. No one wants to hear about your record. It is irrelevant. It may even be worse than irrelevant - that is, an actual negative - because it shows that you've been a part of the government before. We dismiss you, Scott, Ron, probably Nikki starting next week. All that "Governor is the best experience for a Presidential candidate" stuff we heard since Reagan, through Bush 43? Over.

Eff your resume.

We like the septuagenarian insult comic.

This why Vivek beat Nikki and Ron in Iowa?

Don't overthink this.  

Team Communist making Trump a martyr for the last 10 months to advance him in the primary worked. 

It’s that simple.  

I’m going to enjoy the ***t out of Trump Twitter in November 2024.  

By Trump Twitter I’m talking about the grifters terrified to lose influence and clicks in the event they turn on Trump.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Vivek got the usual Ron Paul crackpot vote. It is amazing that someone who says that many stupid and childish things even gets 5%. After all that storm and fury, he is once again irrelevant.

7 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Team Communist making Trump a martyr for the last 10 months to advance him in the primary worked. 

Always a conspiracy. Yeah, various prosecutors brought tons of charges because they wanted Trump to get a publicity boost and win the nomination.

Don't overthink this. The "It's a Cult" posters have a far simpler explanation. Because ... It's a Cult.

Edited by The Frankish Reich
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Don't overthink this.  

It’s that simple.  

I’m going to enjoy the ***t out of Trump Twitter in November 2024.  

By Trump Twitter I’m talking about the grifters terrified to lose influence and clicks in the event they turn on Trump.  

This.  All the machinations by the Dems backfired.  So while some may choose to laugh at Ron (and then Nikki), they won't be laughing so hard when Trump becomes 47.

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

LOL!  Yeah, it's all over.  Ron will just have to continue being Florida's governor.  Meanwhile Joke Biden, who ran for President in 1988 and finally became President 32 years later, says "hi."

1 hour ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Yeah, it's all over.  Ron will just have to continue being Florida's governor.  Meanwhile Joke Biden, who ran for President in 1988 and finally became President 32 years later, says "hi."

As long as he's not my governor, I'm happy.