DeSantis For President in 2024?

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

nah, 'Vivek' is kicking his ass we know that. Meatball is just so awkward. Dems wont choose the nomination, republicans will. and they will choose trump

DeSantis is 2nd in virtually every poll.  VR is no higher than 3rd in any of them.  As a fellow first-gen Indian American, he's not even close to ready to be President and is merely positioning himself for a Cabinet position.

4 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Well I agree with you on vivek. He doesnt stand a chance and he's really running for VP. (but trump wont choose him for the ticket because he's indian-american).

I dont believe it is accurate that meatball is 2nd though.

LOL!  You can't just make up stuff just because you want to believe it. 

And Trump won't pick Vivek for VP because he's too young.  Not because he's Indian-American.  I could see him picking Haley, who is also Indian-American.

24 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

They don't speak our language, have our culture, and are half way across the world, please explain why we would be the best place for them? 

Let them pay a coyote to take them to the Southern border.  They'll get in easy...

• Like (+1) 2

I put blame on Biden’s weakness for why we, all of a sudden, have a world in chaos and US involvement in, now, two new wars.  

That said… out of everyone who wants to be President in 2024, only two have been Presidential during this chaotic timeframe since last Saturday..

DeSantis and Biden.  

Trump & Haley have completely embarrassed themselves during this.   Trump, to be expected.  Haley, through ambiguous language and unforced errors. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

A member of the press on Sunday trotted out the usual tactic of using Nazis to smear Republicans and conservatives during an interview with Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Unfortunately for her, the strategy fell woefully flat.

During an appearance on NBC’s “Meet the Press” Sunday, moderator Kristen Welker interviewed DeSantis about a series of issues. One of the topics was comments made by Florida lawmaker Randy Fine, the only Jewish Republican in the state legislature.

He recently penned an op-ed taking DeSantis to task for failing to adopt a stronger stance against neo-Nazi activities that had occurred in the Sunshine State. In the piece, he indicated that he would be switching his support from DeSantis to former President Donald Trump, who is currently leading the rest of the field by a healthy margin in the polls.

Welker brought up the issue, claiming that DeSantis had not “been nearly as vocal in opposing neo-Nazi harassment and attacks in your state as you have in opposing what you believe is support for Hamas.”

DeSantis responded, saying that Fine was “just trying to get his 15 minutes of fame” and recalled how he was “singing my praises a couple of months ago.”

• Thank you (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Free speech? 

DeSantis knows better. He's a lawyer, and he worked on national security cases as a JAG.

His explanation: he can ban pro-Palestinian advocacy student groups because they proved "material support" to Hamas, a terrorist group. He explained that they do this by their "words." That's moral support, not material support.

He's getting nowhere - in fact, going in the wrong direction - by playing dumb in an attempt to out-outrageous King Donald. Maybe he'd do better if he tried to present himself as a smart conservative.

9 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

DeSantis knows better. He's a lawyer, and he worked on national security cases as a JAG.

His explanation: he can ban pro-Palestinian advocacy student groups because they proved "material support" to Hamas, a terrorist group. He explained that they do this by their "words." That's moral support, not material support.

He's getting nowhere - in fact, going in the wrong direction - by playing dumb in an attempt to out-outrageous King Donald. Maybe he'd do better if he tried to present himself as a smart conservative.

Just do it like the Dems do Ron: ban them on social media...

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Free speech? 

Greenwald can piss everyone off.  And be mostly correct.  

Censorship is like ballot harvesting.   Just cause they tried or did do it.  Doesn't then make it kosher to do it yourself.  The action/support is just as wrong 

The first doesn't protect what we agree with, it protects what we don't agree with. 

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Greenwald can piss everyone off.  And be mostly correct.  

Censorship is like ballot harvesting.   Just cause they tried or did do it.  Doesn't then make it kosher to do it yourself.  The action/support is just as wrong 

The first doesn't protect what we agree with, it protects what we don't agree with. 

We probably disagree on most things political…but we for sure agree here. 

If you do the same exact thing you rail against…you are no different than them. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Roundybout said:

And boy did the republicans hate that!

LOL. that all took me back to a better time when Halloween consisted of myself dressing as Obama in a tan suit, and my wife being Hillary in a pant suit. 

that might be against the law now, in NY

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/pink-away-2-000-banned-000201649.html

"As a mom of two young readers, I can’t imagine letting someone else decide what MY CHILDREN can and cannot read!”

Pink is so dumb that she literally advocating for the law while trying to bash it. Her kids can read whatever she gives them, the teacher can not make that decision for her.

• Thank you (+1) 2

On 11/2/2023 at 9:40 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

LOL. that all took me back to a better time when Halloween consisted of myself dressing as Obama in a tan suit, and my wife being Hillary in a pant suit. 

that might be against the law now, in NY

Tell me you went blackface.

• Haha (+1) 1