DeSantis For President in 2024?

THIS IS THE WAY: 

DeSantis Admin Revokes Liquor License of Orlando Venue That Hosted Sexual Drag Show for Children.

The complaint obtained by Florida Voice News alleged that the foundation advertised the show to all ages as holiday-themed without specifying its “sexually explicit nature.” The DeSantis administration warned the venue prior to the show that it would be expected to ensure children would be barred from entry, writing in a letter that “sexually explicit drag show performances constitute public nuisances, lewd activity, and disorderly conduct when minors are in attendance.” If the company refused to comply, the letter said, it could be subject to penalties up to and including license revocation.

The foundation admitted children in defiance of DeSantis, posting only a disclaimer at the front door stating that “while we are not restricting access to anyone under 18 please be advised some may think the context is not appropriate for under 18,” the letter said. Some children who participated in the event appeared to be less than six years old, according to the letter.

Performers allegedly wore sexually suggestive clothing and prosthetic female breasts and genitalia, which were exposed to the audience in addition to their buttocks. Other disturbing scenes, the letter alleged, included performers simulating *****, childbirth, and abortion.

The audience was also subject to sexualized parodies of popular children’s Christmas songs. For example, an adaptation of “All I want for Christmas was my two front teeth” was presented with an allusion to oral ***** in the line “I’ll sit on his lap, he can put his milk and cookies all between my gap,” the letter explained.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/desantis-admin-revokes-liquor-license-of-orlando-venue-that-hosted-sexual-drag-show-for-children/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=breaking&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=30452158

I’d add the usual “Much more like this, please” tagline, but I think that goes without saying, as DeSantis makes his case as a culture warrior par excellence in the run-up to the 2024 election cycle.

Nonsense from silly, frivolous people.

Publisher reports that Gov. Ron DeSantis stands accused of ‘declaring war on black people’

Javier Manjarres is a political consultant and also the publisher of The Floridian, and he’s published a piece about Gov. Ron DeSantis “declaring war on blacks in Florida.” If he’s talking about that Advanced Placement African American Studies course, note that the College Board has heeded a number of criticisms that Florida’s board of education had with the class, such as removing required teachings on Black Lives Matter and the case for reparations from the curriculum.

Who’s accusing him? Let’s find out:

State Senator Shevrin Jones called Gov. DeSantis’s recent controversial banning of AP African-American studies at colleges and universities nothing more than “the promotion of Jim Crow 3.0 by ppl who don’t know & don’t care about what’s happening in the Black communities, but desire to referee how our history is taught.”

Rep. [Michelle] Rayner-Goolsby also repeated the current narrative that Republicans, namely DeSantis, have “declared war on Black people” and are trying erase black history by trying to “erase Black LGBTQ history.”

“Higher education though, we believe in Florida that it’s about academic excellence and the pursuit of truth. We don’t believe higher education should be for social justice or to impose an ideology on the students,” said DeSantis.

“We have guidelines and standards in Florida. We want education, not indoctrination. If you fall on the side of indoctrination, we’re gonna decline. If it’s education, then we will do.” DeSantis continued saying, “Who would say that an important part of black history is ***** theory? That is somebody pushing an agenda on our kids.”

So the same state legislators who had fits over the so-called “Don’t Say Gay” bill think DeSantis is declaring war on black people. And note that we’re already up to Jim Crow 3.0, with Georgia’s “voter suppression laws” being called Jim Crow 2.0 by President Joe Biden.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/02/04/publisher-reports-that-gov-ron-desantis-stands-accused-of-declaring-war-on-black-people/

It is going to flop just like the “Don’t Say Gay” lie. Check the polls … check with Floridians … people like what DeSantis is doing.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

THIS IS THE WAY: 

DeSantis Admin Revokes Liquor License of Orlando Venue That Hosted Sexual Drag Show for Children.

The complaint obtained by Florida Voice News alleged that the foundation advertised the show to all ages as holiday-themed without specifying its “sexually explicit nature.” The DeSantis administration warned the venue prior to the show that it would be expected to ensure children would be barred from entry, writing in a letter that “sexually explicit drag show performances constitute public nuisances, lewd activity, and disorderly conduct when minors are in attendance.” If the company refused to comply, the letter said, it could be subject to penalties up to and including license revocation.

The foundation admitted children in defiance of DeSantis, posting only a disclaimer at the front door stating that “while we are not restricting access to anyone under 18 please be advised some may think the context is not appropriate for under 18,” the letter said. Some children who participated in the event appeared to be less than six years old, according to the letter.

Performers allegedly wore sexually suggestive clothing and prosthetic female breasts and genitalia, which were exposed to the audience in addition to their buttocks. Other disturbing scenes, the letter alleged, included performers simulating *****, childbirth, and abortion.

The audience was also subject to sexualized parodies of popular children’s Christmas songs. For example, an adaptation of “All I want for Christmas was my two front teeth” was presented with an allusion to oral ***** in the line “I’ll sit on his lap, he can put his milk and cookies all between my gap,” the letter explained.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/desantis-admin-revokes-liquor-license-of-orlando-venue-that-hosted-sexual-drag-show-for-children/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=breaking&utm_campaign=newstrack&utm_term=30452158

I’d add the usual “Much more like this, please” tagline, but I think that goes without saying, as DeSantis makes his case as a culture warrior par excellence in the run-up to the 2024 election cycle.

So I discussed this with my wife at dinner tonight and she set me straight.  This was f'in stupid on the part of the Orlando Philharmonic.  She questioned the benefit of fund raisers promoting drag shows saying it was a cult even within the LGBT community and that this was provocation for the sake of it at the expense of acceptance of alternate sexual lifestyles.  I think she's right.  I hate cults.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, B-Man said:

You can take man out of the Lincoln Project, but you can't take the Lincoln Project out of the man.

No. he's giving an option to Florida residents who want to read great works of banned literature like "A farewell to Arms" or "Brave New World".  Provocative ideas in this sense are good and intellectually stimulating promoting creative and potentially profound ideas.  I hope no one thinks we can't do better than we are doing now.

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, Gene Frenkle said:

Did I hear DeSantis wants the State to document menstrual cycles now? *****jng seriously?

"Anything that offends me should be illegal!" And you call others snowflakes!

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-desantis-florida-sports-female-athletes-160560972802

Oh for the love of God Gene,

You MUST be trolling or stupid.

Your pick.

It been disproved twice already.

Try and keep up.

lmao-laugh.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

Did I hear DeSantis wants the State to document menstrual cycles now? *****jng seriously?

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-desantis-florida-sports-female-athletes-160560972802

I just can't understand why so many established institutions hate women.  i suspect it's the fear, that for some, they are superior and why shouldn't they be.  They're a little over half the population.  Of course there will be a significant percentage that are brilliant and capable and a similar percentage that will be low on the bell curve.  Same for XY chromosome humans.  Without a culture that represses them, they will have much more power and influence. Also without them, we'd all be incredibly frustrated or homosexual.  So maybe that's what Desantis wants.  It's the frustrated and dispossessed that he most appeals to. 

Edited by redtail hawk

7 hours ago, Gene Frenkle said:

It seems like you believe you have a sick burn here and by virtue of the thumbs up redtail feels the same. If either of you two geniuses read all the way to the second paragraph you would see that the story has been rated FALSE. What you have achieved here is synonymous with an own goal. Look it up. Smooth work folks. 

smh/lmao/idiots/butTrump

7 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

I just can't understand why so many established institutions hate women.  i suspect it's the fear, that for some, they are superior and why shouldn't they be.  They're a little over half the population.  Of course there will be a significant percentage that are brilliant and capable and a similar percentage that will be low on the bell curve.  Same for XY chromosome humans.  Without a culture that represses them, they will have much more power and influence. Also without them, we'd all be incredibly frustrated or homosexual.  So maybe that's what Desantis wants.  It's the frustrated and dispossessed that he most appeals to. 

Those sandwiches aren't going to make themselves.  I kid but Desantis has nothing to do with this.

9 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Those sandwiches aren't going to make themselves.  I kid but Desantis has nothing to do with this.

In fact, being Italian, DeSantis is far more likely to have the creepy mommy worship thing going on than misogyny. 

2 hours ago, JDHillFan said:

It seems like you believe you have a sick burn here and by virtue of the thumbs up redtail feels the same. If either of you two geniuses read all the way to the second paragraph you would see that the story has been rated FALSE. What you have achieved here is synonymous with an own goal. Look it up. Smooth work folks. 

smh/lmao/idiots/butTrump

yeah, wasn't in a studying mood last night after some nice wine with dinner.  it happens.

11 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

So I discussed this with my wife at dinner tonight and she set me straight.  This was f'in stupid on the part of the Orlando Philharmonic.  She questioned the benefit of fund raisers promoting drag shows saying it was a cult even within the LGBT community and that this was provocation for the sake of it at the expense of acceptance of alternate sexual lifestyles.  I think she's right.  I hate cults.

I will state your wife is correct and go a little further, since doing drag shows in Florida has been acceptable since I have moved here in 2001. The issue is when you start promoting sexual ideals to children. If you want to promote sexual content to children then you are a bad person.

9 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

This is definitely some grade A projection. Women are not hated in FL, except in the deep blue areas. 

28 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I will state your wife is correct and go a little further, since doing drag shows in Florida has been acceptable since I have moved here in 2001. The issue is when you start promoting sexual ideals to children. If you want to promote sexual content to children then you are a bad person.

This is definitely some grade A projection. Women are not hated in FL, except in the deep blue areas. 

No.  Women are paid less, on average for the same work, worldwide.  Still greatly under represented in seats of govt power and boardrooms worldwide and in the US.  Still sold into marriage or slavery.  Still required to wear veils and covers in many parts of the world.   Still banned from the clergy and magisterium of the Catholic church.  The list is very long.  Desantis does his little part by banning black feminist literature which was in the list I posted earlier.  Misogyny is news to you?   It's an actual conspiracy.  Not QAnon bs.

Edited by redtail hawk

Can you define a "woman"?

• Haha (+1) 2

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Blacks are very homophobic.  Not sure what LGBTQ+ has to do with AP African-American studies.

They are trying to naturalize LGBT in the black community, to create a wedge between black people and white conservatives, whom blacks tend to agree with on several social issues…

As BillStime would say- It’s all politics…😉

Hey, speak for yourself about being gay…😉