Poll - Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?  

196 members have voted

1. 1. Will we score over 500 points again for the 2021 season?

• Yes
    • No

I voted 500 or more, because I can't help but believe this team is only scratching the surface of what they are capable of both overall and offensively. As much as there's a possibility Josh could regress, he also could be continuing to improve. Knox could figure out his issues, a 30-year-old Ertz could finally arrive and rebound to the form he played the six seasons prior to his injury-riddled 2020. Gabriel Davis could evolve into a star. Singletary and Moss (and/or Breida or even Williams or Wade) could have breakout years and the running game could actually be a factor. A lot of people seem to completely dismiss Singletary, forgetting that he had an a great year just two seasons ago. Even last year he put up 4.4ypc and if you watch highlights he had well more than the zero big plays at big moments people attribute to him. Who knows what Moss can bring and Breida's still young and has had some moments over his career. 

I'm not saying I think it's guaranteed that they'll score over 500 pts again (despite my vote i'm not even sure it's 50/50)--and importantly, they might not need to given the defensive drop was a likely aberration--but it's more likely than not given that all the elements are still there and so many of them have quite possibly not neared their potential, including Josh Allen. 

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who GAF? W’s are the ONLY metric. 

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. If anything, more late game ball control will cut down on opponents trying -and often succeeding- to score late trying to get back in the game. This isn’t video games, kids🤦‍♂️

Actually your reply is overkill and so is your insult calling us kids.

We averaged 31.3125 points per game last year

x that by 17 games is?

does that seem so ridiculous now?

or should I write it in crayon for you?

considering we broke 500 points last year at 501?

are we still being childish? Playing Video Games?

I respect the heck out of you Chandler.. Just wish you would not result to calling us kids.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

Chand, who crapped in you’re cornflakes?  Just kidding old friend.  The boys are bored.

I’ll play.  We defeated 6 of the top 10 defenses last year.  LAR, PITT, SF, Balt, Indy, and LAC.  We have 17 games, not 16, an upgrade in Sanders, retained the key players, and improved to a degree our defensive players.

We only lost to three teams.  The Cards was a fluke as we had them until the Hail Mary.  The Titans was a screwy loss given key injuries.  We don’t have an answer yet for the Chiefs.  This year we have the AFCS, NFCS, the Chiefs and Steelers.  That is a better schedule for us.  Still some tough opponents, but was harder last year.

Bottom line is we can surpass 29.5 pts./game.

Great points. Thanks for sharing.

With a little more running it will open up the passing game and allow for more points.

10 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Who GAF? W’s are the ONLY metric. 

Seriously, this is just ridiculous. If anything, more late game ball control will cut down on opponents trying -and often succeeding- to score late trying to get back in the game. This isn’t video games, kids🤦‍♂️

Get off my LAWN !!!     😋

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I think we learned last year that we aren’t going to be a team that utilized clock and ball control to win games.  We absolutely stepped on the throats of our opponents when they were done and Josh does not want to come out of games.  With that, and the extra game, I think we can break the record.  

I’m also sending you a virtual hug and am saving a lap dance for you at the opener.

Good to hear from you, Virg.

Looking forward to your weekly thoughts during the season.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thurst44 said:

I voted 500 or more, because I can't help but believe this team is only scratching the surface of what they are capable of both overall and offensively. As much as there's a possibility Josh could regress, he also could be continuing to improve. Knox could figure out his issues, a 30-year-old Ertz could finally arrive and rebound to the form he played the six seasons prior to his injury-riddled 2020. Gabriel Davis could evolve into a star. Singletary and Moss (and/or Breida or even Williams or Wade) could have breakout years and the running game could actually be a factor. A lot of people seem to completely dismiss Singletary, forgetting that he had an a great year just two seasons ago. Even last year he put up 4.4ypc and if you watch highlights he had well more than the zero big plays at big moments people attribute to him. Who knows what Moss can bring and Breida's still young and has had some moments over his career. 

I'm not saying I think it's guaranteed that they'll score over 500 pts again (despite my vote i'm not even sure it's 50/50)--and importantly, they might not need to given the defensive drop was a likely aberration--but it's more likely than not given that all the elements are still there and so many of them have quite possibly not neared their potential, including Josh Allen. 

Good analysis, Thurst. Yeah, I agree, that’s why I voted yes too. 

I think our offense is going to be even better. I know that doesn’t always equate to more points (ie- tougher defenses, not needing to score as much with commanding leads late in games, etc.). That said, our offense has the talent to be super efficient and score at will.

• Like (+1) 1

NFL DCs are in business to solve offenses.  Lamar Jackson lit up the league, until DCs figured out how to slow him and then stop him.  Ref: The Bills held Baltimore to a field goal in their playoff game.

DCs around the league are all trying to figure out how to defend Allen.  If someone does figure that out, all the copycats will take note, and they'll do it too.

It's just hard for guys to maintain exceptional performance year after year.  

That's why I voted no in this poll.  It's not a lack of faith in Allen or Diggs or Daboll.  It's respect for DCs in the NFL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Utah John said:

NFL DCs are in business to solve offenses.  Lamar Jackson lit up the league, until DCs figured out how to slow him and then stop him.  Ref: The Bills held Baltimore to a field goal in their playoff game.

DCs around the league are all trying to figure out how to defend Allen.  If someone does figure that out, all the copycats will take note, and they'll do it too.

It's just hard for guys to maintain exceptional performance year after year.  

That's why I voted no in this poll.  It's not a lack of faith in Allen or Diggs or Daboll.  It's respect for DCs in the NFL.

Good perspective, Utah.

1 hour ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I respect the heck out of you Chandler.. Just wish you would not result to calling us kids.

Sometimes you have to brush @Chandler#81off, he means well, but when his depends gets full and the home health nurse is gone for the day he gets snippy and acts out. So try not to take it personally....  😃

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Watkins101 said:

I think we’ll get over 500 points, but probably a little lower ppg than last year. I think defenses will be a bit better this year. 

That's a very good point--a lot of last year's offensive production could have been inflated by last year's weird nature. It's been what I've been arguing as to why our D slipped. The lack of practice might have hit defenses more than offenses--and certain sorts of defenses more than other. That said, the higher likelihood that our offense's needle is pointed up than down and the extra game should help Bills get over 500 yards.

Last year the Rams game was a warning.  The Cardinals game put an exclamation point on it. You can't take your foot off the gas and let teams hang around.  Think they got the message.  Denver, New England and Miami saw how I think they will play all season. If everyone is healthy 500 should be easily obtainable. 

20-0 Baby!!!

1 hour ago, Buffalophil1948 said:

Last year the Rams game was a warning.  The Cardinals game put an exclamation point on it. You can't take your foot off the gas and let teams hang around.  Think they got the message.  Denver, New England and Miami saw how I think they will play all season. If everyone is healthy 500 should be easily obtainable. 

20-0 Baby!!!

Love your enthusiasm.

Go Bills!