The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

22 hours ago, Tiberius said:

HA HA 

The Taliban hate the free media as much as Conservatives do. Some people just hate that others get to express themselves, Love that first amendment! 

You’re calling people haters while you laugh at a man who died?

Is that what you stand for? Wow, just wow!

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Shut up c--t. Billstime is a POS and I've told him so. Unlike you, I don't read every post all day long. 

You must be proud to be in the same sh***y human club as him. 

Maybe you need a break from reading any of this stuff.  

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Maybe you need a break from reading any of this stuff.  

Nah. The “community” of PPP should expect more than laughing at deaths of Americans and rushing out self made conspiracies about children’s deaths. 

22 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Nah. The “community” of PPP should expect more than laughing at deaths of Americans and rushing out self made conspiracies about children’s deaths. 

I think both can be true at the same time.  

Yep, that’s how USA Today framed it:  Biden is the victim in all this.

It’s good to be a Democrat.

You can preside over an absolute disaster and the media will make the resulting approval plummet the fault of the people!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Why?  He (actually) reported the truth.

Because it isn't his job to report the truth, it's his job to investigate and if there is wrong doing, he should prosecute.

He should have shut his mouth and put her in jail.

47 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Because it isn't his job to report the truth, it's his job to investigate and if there is wrong doing, he should prosecute.

He should have shut his mouth and put her in jail.

"It worked, didn't it?"

RIGHT ON CUE, THE PRESIDENT’S MISTAKES ARE OUR FAULT AGAIN.

“You can tell a Democrat is president, because we’re starting to see pieces blaming ‘us’ for his mistakes.

In The Atlantic a couple of weeks ago, Tom Nichols wrote that ‘Afghanistan Is Your Fault.’ ‘American citizens,’ Nichols suggested, ‘will separate into their usual camps and identify all of the obvious causes and culprits except for one: themselves.’ Today, Max Boot makes the same argument in the Post. ‘Who’s to blame for the deaths of 13 service members in Kabul?’ he asks. Answer: ‘We all are.’”

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/right-on-cue-the-presidents-mistakes-are-our-fault-again/

• Like (+1) 1

Don Lemmon CNN on air right now spinning drone attack as unfortunate collateral damage..  despite multiple international reports it wasn’t a terrorist vehicle 

be very skeptical  about what you hear 

Now cnn is trying to damage control videos that leaked about taliban taking over a bunch of us weapons the taliban has now 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Good news everyone !!!

We ONLY left 65 Billion dollars of military equipment.

I knew Trump was lying.

Great job everyone.

They could have given every American an assault rifle.

...and hundreds of us could have had our own helicopter.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:03 AM, B-Man said:

Good news everyone !!!

We ONLY left 65 Billion dollars of military equipment.

I knew Trump was lying.

Great job everyone.

On 8/31/2021 at 11:27 AM, Doc said:

Yes, I'm sure those numbers are accurate...

i guess they just pulled the data down from the government public facing websites indefinitely to verify this data…. 

TRANSPARENCY!!!

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/31/2021 at 1:19 PM, B-Man said:

Announced TODAY.........................do you see how they operate yet ??

I guess I don’t see the point here.

What’s Ryan stating this on some local channel matter or do?

He’s political career has probably peaked so whys he doing it? 

7 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

He works for Fox and they’re getting in front of the narrative for when the party has to purge Trumpism. His career isn’t over. He just got out of town because he knew this wasn’t going to go well.

He’ll be back in 2-4 years.

8 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ugh, this Eddie Munster wannabe should hide his head in shame—Biden made him look like a scared little boy in their debate.  Totally unprepared,

Of course that was way back in the day when Biden’s bare knuckles style was in favor, before Trump Bidened old man Biden in their debates. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Ugh, this Eddie Munster wannabe should hide his head in shame—Biden made him look like a scared little boy in their debate.  Totally unprepared,

Of course that was way back in the day when Biden’s bare knuckles style was in favor, before Trump Bidened old man Biden in their debates. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5ef624bf7822c366054615ecbe14aa9b.jpeg

😂 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

At least the left media is lambasting Biden for his Afghanistan disaster. 

I await the attack of the right wing media on Trump for well, anything. 

Both are biased but seemingly one can be pulled out of its ratings desire to go after its own. 

guarantee most here know more about biology than you do about right wing media

• Agree 1

55 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

At least the left media is lambasting Biden for his Afghanistan disaster. 

I await the attack of the right wing media on Trump for well, anything. 

Both are biased but seemingly one can be pulled out of its ratings desire to go after its own. 

When I hear media calls demanding the House and Senate form select committees and have standing committes investigate the withdrawal, call witnesses, and hold specific people accountable and demand they step down I'll agree with you.  I expect to be waiting until the end of the world for that to happen.  Tell me I'm wrong?  

And if you want to play the Trump card.  If Trump was still running the show its 100% certain they'd be calling for impeachment hearings already.  And looking for collusion with the enemy.  And the other usual BS.  Can you honestly say that wouldn't be where we'd be right now? 

But lambasting?  Not really the descriptive word I'd use.  More like jumping up-and-down on the living room sofa than burning down the house.  Token resistance for the purposes political theater. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

When I hear media calls demanding the House and Senate form select committees and have standing committes investigate the withdrawal, call witnesses, and hold specific people accountable and demand they step down I'll agree with you.  I expect to be waiting until the end of the world for that to happen.  Tell me I'm wrong?  

And if you want to play the Trump card.  If Trump was still running the show its 100% certain they'd be calling for impeachment hearings already.  And looking for collusion with the enemy.  And the other usual BS.  Can you honestly say that wouldn't be where we'd be right now? 

But lambasting?  Not really the descriptive word I'd use.  More like jumping up-and-down on the living room sofa than burning down the house.  Token resistance for the purposes political theater. 

You're comparing how CNN treated Trump vs. Biden. You're right--CNN is biased--but that was not my point. 

My point was comparing CNN criticizing Biden harshly vs how Fox never attacked Trump. This is a media thread and I'm noting the media difference. The CNNs of the world will turn their guns more slowly on Biden but they will be happy to blow him up. Fox would never turn their guns on Trump or the next Trumps. 

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You're comparing how CNN treated Trump vs. Biden. You're right--CNN is biased--but that was not my point. 

My point was comparing CNN criticizing Biden harshly vs how Fox never attacked Trump. This is a media thread and I'm noting the media difference. The CNNs of the world will turn their guns more slowly on Biden but they will be happy to blow him up. Fox would never turn their guns on Trump or the next Trumps. 

Well, now that CNN has given Biden a severe tongue lashing they can get back on message about the real menace.. the white supremacist threat fantasy. 

With delusional statements like "White supremacist and anti-government extremists have expressed admiration for what the Taliban accomplished, a worrying development for US officials who have been grappling with the threat of domestic violent extremism."   US officials meaning the imbeciles and idiots running policy.

I guess if you consider expressing contempt and disgust at the less than stellar evacuation conducted by the administration then sure, let's call it "admiration".  Of course the Prez cites the extraordinary efforts of the administration and the military in carrying out the mission.  Some of which is true but given their own incompetence in creating the need for an emergency evacuation mission its a situation hardly worthy of praise.  Like somebody started the house on fire and managed to put it out after just burning up the kitchen.  By this definition they're a real hero..

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

5 hours ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Well, now that CNN has given Biden a severe tongue lashing they can get back on message about the real menace.. the white supremacist threat fantasy. 

With delusional statements like "White supremacist and anti-government extremists have expressed admiration for what the Taliban accomplished, a worrying development for US officials who have been grappling with the threat of domestic violent extremism."   US officials meaning the imbeciles and idiots running policy.

I guess if you consider expressing contempt and disgust at the less than stellar evacuation conducted by the administration then sure, let's call it "admiration".  Of course the Prez cites the extraordinary efforts of the administration and the military in carrying out the mission.  Some of which is true but given their own incompetence in creating the need for an emergency evacuation mission its a situation hardly worthy of praise.  Like somebody started the house on fire and managed to put it out after just burning up the kitchen.  By this definition they're a real hero..

You've again jumped to your topic: Attacking CNN for its bias. That's fine and I agree with it. But you're avoiding my topic. This is whataboutism. 

5 hours ago, Sundancer said:

You've again jumped to your topic: Attacking CNN for its bias. That's fine and I agree with it. But you're avoiding my topic. This is whataboutism. 

i can't recall off hand fox..as i dont watch it much, outright "attacking" trump. are we talking a unified criticism on the network? they do have a show with a co host "juan" who gives counter points to conservatives and repeatedly criticizes everything trump did every single show. this is at least as equivalent or more so to your question imo. he is consistently on to oppose the right. where as cnn can change this newfound criticism you enjoy the next news cycle. they prob already have.

by the way the polls are way down on biden. sure CNN is pulling out of its ratings desire all of a sudden? 

does cnn have a equivalent to him? i don't know i don't watch that much either.

the bigger problem is the sheer number of liberally biased channels and outlets that get mainstream airtime. you are comparing THE ONLY right wing "news" station on regular tv to one of many for the other. the opposition to conservative ideas and praise of left is NUMEROUS. thats not even counting social media who also leans heavily left. so when joe does something that is so abhorrent it is impossible to put lipstick which was the withdrawal. they FINALLY say what everyone can clearly see. you want to give credit and suggest they will turn their guns slowly? the fact they were "slow" at all shows the overall problem. 

so you say look! they now have a sliver of journalistic integrity WHATABOUT the single conservative channel? 

where you give value to the small crack in CNN complete bias, ill more then happily give it to the singular network biased or not, who is willing to give the counterpoints to the onslaught of a single narrative told 100 different ways giving the public a false reassurance that if they all agree. it MUST be true. 

i can name at least 20 "news" topics that have been proven false or avoided at all cost in unison BY THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA and fox being the only one talking about the point that ended up true. that is pretty valuable in my book. 

not for me mind you. i prefer non bias in my journalism. for the mainstream to have at least ONE easily found channel that has alternative views, before they get censored and we have that one unified easily controllable voice they are after. 

maybe that's off topic for you but my feelings in general on the topic you presented and the state of our media.

Edited by Buffarukus