The American Media Should Not Be Trusted

56 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

And this is certainly understandable...however, there have been other instances where the person was an adult and the race was not specified...

Like the man who rammed his car into a police barricade in DC, killing 1 police officer and injuring another...the man was black, but the news refused to say, because they follow CRT and Anti-racist ideology, which essentially says that because this man’s group identity is oppressed, we are not going to further oppress that group by reporting that a black man committed a crime...

On the flip side, crimes by white people are being highlighted because their identity group are considered oppressors (so, in essence, the media feels they need to be attacked more to knock them down a bit)...whether or not you think it’s right, this sort of “Anti-racist” behavior is actually racist because it is not giving equal treatment, in order to protect one group over the other...

Unfortunately, this sort of disingenuous biased reporting does so much more bad than good for society imo...and has helped to create a sick hatred for white people, to the point where many minorities feel they can get away with any criminal activity because of their skin color...I remember most people thinking this guy was white, because it was an attack on the capital...but it wasn’t...

This is not good for anybody...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/7064125002

I don't care what the suspects ethnicity is... let's focus on the real issue - lax gun control.

I know the right wing likes to deflect on the real issue by scapegoating the race of the shooter... it doesn't work for me - we need sensible gun legislation.

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I don't care what the suspects ethnicity is... let's focus on the real issue - lax gun control.

I know the right wing likes to deflect on the real issue by scapegoating the race of the shooter... it doesn't work for me - we need sensible gun legislation.

Fair enough about wanting to talk about gun legislation...but your response to Buffalo Timmy was that it was “Fake News” that the shooter’s race wasn’t identified, because the news is not supposed to identify minors- to which I agree...

But, to my understanding, the subject matter did not appear to center on gun control...

So I responded to your “Fake News” response by, not only giving an example of Buffalo Timmy’s claim of racially biased reporting, but also explaining why it was being done...

And then you responded by wanting to focus on gun control instead of the actual topic that the conversation was about- which was the news, purposely, not mentioning the suspect’s race...

I don’t understand how this is a “right wing” distraction if biased racial coverage in the news was the topic...Did I miss something?

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Fair enough about wanting to talk about gun legislation...but your response to Buffalo Timmy was that it was “Fake News” that the shooter’s race wasn’t identified, because the news is not supposed to identify minors- to which I agree...

But, to my understanding, the subject matter did not appear to center on gun control...

So I responded to your “Fake News” response by, not only giving an example of Buffalo Timmy’s claim of racially biased reporting, but also explaining why it was being done...

And then you responded by wanting to focus on gun control instead of the actual topic that the conversation was about- which was the news, purposely, not mentioning the suspect’s race...

I don’t understand how this is a “right wing” distraction if biased racial coverage in the news was the topic...Did I miss something?

We can easily point back to the number of times right wingers here have pointed out whether the ethnicity was highlighted or not - in an attempt to fit a certain narrative.

Again, this deflection is simply meant to divert the argument away from the GQP/NRA's position on guns - EVERYONE GETS A GUN!

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

We can easily point back to the number of times right wingers here have pointed out whether the ethnicity was highlighted or not - in an attempt to fit a certain narrative.

Again, this deflection is simply meant to divert the argument away from the GQP/NRA's position on guns - EVERYONE GETS A GUN!

You keep calling ‘people talking about biased news coverage’ a distraction, when the name of the thread is “The American Media Should Not be trusted”...

But you keep wanting to bring up the NRA and gun control in a thread that isn’t about that...Is it possible that you might be conducting the very distraction you’re accusing others of?

Happy The Oc GIF by Crave

Edit...Sorry BillStime, I don’t mean to be so over the top, but I just couldn’t resist the gif...😉

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

You keep calling ‘people talking about biased news coverage’ a distraction, when the name of the thread is “The American Media Should Not be trusted”...

But you keep wanting to bring up the NRA and gun control in a thread that isn’t about that...Is it possible that you might be conducting the very distraction you’re accusing others of?

Happy The Oc GIF by Crave

Edit...Sorry BillStime, I don’t mean to be so over the top, but I just couldn’t resist the gif...😉

Did the media go out and shoot those people in Austin?  Are they really the ones who can't be trusted in this situation?

3 hours ago, Governor said:

If the media purposely isn’t mentioning race, how do you know the shooter is black?

Was Alex Jones on scene?

The Austin Statesman is not the entire media. Why do have to react without reading? 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The Austin Statesman is not the entire media. Why do have to react without reading? 

So you’re outraged about the number of times the person’s race is mentioned? Is there a certain number of mentions that would satisfy you? Is it 10? Is it 20?

Just now, Governor said:

So you’re outraged about the number of times the person’s race is mentioned? Is there a certain number of mentions that would satisfy you? Is it 10? Is it 20?

You are mentally stunted- read original post then respond.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Did the media go out and shoot those people in Austin?  Are they really the ones who can't be trusted in this situation?

I get what you’re saying, and I completely agree that certain things could and should be done to mitigate the violence...I’m not discrediting that argument at all...but I feel you might be discrediting the other argument that is being made- that of racially biased reporting in the main stream media, and the reasons behind it...

All I ask is that, whenever you watch reporting on crime on your favorite news network, just jot down how many times the perpetrator mentioned is a black man, and how many times it is white...Do this over the course of a month or two...you may be surprised at what you find, given the percentage of violent crimes that are attributed to various groups...I could even do it with you...

And whether I’m wrong or right, wouldn’t it be great to know for sure?  What if our preconceived notions are based on fallacies? Or what if this experiment reinforces or previously held beliefs? Either way, it’s a win/win right? 👍

Edited by JaCrispy

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I get what you’re saying, and I completely agree that certain things could and should be done to mitigate the violence...I’m not discrediting that argument at all...but I feel you might be discrediting the other argument that is being made- that of racially biased reporting in the main stream media, and the reasons behind it...

All I ask is that, whenever you watch reporting on crime on your favorite news network, just jot down how many times the perpetrator mentioned is a black man, and how many times it is white...Do this over the course of a month or two...you may be surprised at what you find, given the percentage of violent crimes that are attributed to various groups...I could even do it with you...

And whether I’m wrong or right, wouldn’t it be great to know for sure?  What if our preconceived notions are based on fallacies? Or what if this experiment reinforces or previously held beliefs? Either way, it’s a win/win right? 👍

I don’t disagree with your POV at all.  

The sad thing is - there will be lots of examples to review how violence is covered with little focus on the right holding up meaningful gun legislation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

From the statesman before they knew if was a juvenile.

"Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning,” the note said. “The American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting."

The description from police was not vague as it gave clothes and hairstyle also. Just as a BTW the Austin Statemen was pleased to tell you Nicholas Sandman's name and race when they lied about him. Sorry that your "facts" are wrong again.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

From the statesman before they knew if was a juvenile.

"Police have only released a vague description of the suspected shooter as of Saturday morning,” the note said. “The American-Statesman is not including the description as it is too vague at this time to be useful in identifying the shooter and such publication could be harmful in perpetuating stereotypes. If more detailed information is released, we will update our reporting."

The description from police was not vague as it gave clothes and hairstyle also. Just as a BTW the Austin Statemen was pleased to tell you Nicholas Sandman's name and race when they lied about him. Sorry that your "facts" are wrong again.

HA!!! Wait - you're going to compare this issue with Nicholas Sandman - who was on video and print with his shittt eating grin?  F-that bro...

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Fully vaccinated and still wearing a mask.  Follow the science.

Went shopping at the Outlet Mall in the NF the other day and was surprised how many stores are still requiring a mask to enter - vaxed or not.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

HA!!! Wait - you're going to compare this issue with Nicholas Sandman - who was on video and print with his shittt eating grin?  F-that bro...

After all this time and the not edited video being made available you still think Sandman was the problem? You are mentally disturbed.

I am also glad you agree that they do not actually have a standard as much as a racist policy 

Edited by Buffalo Timmy
  • Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

After all this time and the not edited video being made available you still think Sandman was the problem? You are mentally disturbed.

I am also glad you agree that they do not actually have a standard as much as a racist policy 

I didn't say Sandman was a problem - you were the one who was using it as a media example - as if tho the video didn't immediately question what race Sandman is...

Keep up

PS: I bet you think Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent, too..

Edited by BillStime

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

This Greenwald guy is amazing...he’s a liberal, so he has no sympathy for conservative narratives...he’s just a “straight shooter”, the way journalism used to be...👍

MORE:

On Saturday -- the five-year anniversary of the horrific slaughter -- politicians and activists again ratified the outright fiction that Omar Mateen was motivated by anti-LGBT hatred.

It is well past time this lie stop.

It dishonors the victims and obscures the real motive.

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

I didn't say Sandman was a problem - you were the one who was using it as a media example - as if tho the video didn't immediately question what race Sandman is...

Keep up

PS: I bet you think Kyle Rittenhouse is innocent, too..

In a discussion about how they handle race you don't think making his race THE key component of the coverage despite his age is appropriate? You literally hold conservative people to such a high standard but your side to none.