Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

5 minutes ago, Governor said:

I think that most of you go off of memory of 10 years ago and don’t realize how much has changed since then. You could get an apartment in Wilmington or Raleigh for $600 a month back then. Those days are LONG gone. They’re 1200-1500 a month now. Same goes for Florida. We already compared the rents a few days ago on this board. 

The cost of living in those southern states caught up to NJ.

Sure "private" costs are significantly more equitable but you are omitting the impact of the cost of government and taxes which are higher in "liberal" states like NJ.  Is a homeowner in Raleigh paying $14,000 a year in property taxes?  NJ has the highest effective property tax rate at 2.49%.  NC is .77% about 31% of the NJ rate.  Add in some of the highest personal income tax rates and motor fuel tax rates and there you have it.  Higher cost of living.   To add insult to injury the Trump tax "reform" screwed everybody by limiting deductions.     

25 minutes ago, Governor said:

I think that most of you go off of memory of 10 years ago and don’t realize how much has changed since then. You could get an apartment in Wilmington or Raleigh for $600 a month back then. Those days are LONG gone. They’re 1200-1500 a month now. Same goes for Florida. We already compared the rents a few days ago on this board. 

The cost of living in those southern states caught up to NJ.

NJ does lack available apartments to live in, which is why you would see young people moving back into their parent’s mansions. It just isn’t an “apartment dweller” state since there isn’t a large working poor population like you see in NC and FL.

What’s your point? Is there an ultra high vacancy rate? Don’t landlords set rent based at least somewhat on what people are capable of paying? 

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

Sure "private" costs are significantly more equitable but you are omitting the impact of the cost of government and taxes which are higher in "liberal" states like NJ.  Is a homeowner in Raleigh paying $14,000 a year in property taxes?  NJ has the highest effective property tax rate at 2.49%.  NC is .77% about 31% of the NJ rate.  Add in some of the highest personal income tax rates and motor fuel tax rates and there you have it.  Higher cost of living.   To add insult to injury the Trump tax "reform" screwed everybody by limiting deductions.     

I’ve been back and forth a dozen times over the last 20 years or so and I’ve come to the conclusion that you really do get what you pay for. I’d rather pay more in taxes and have good schools and state services. Add a higher salary on top and you can get ahead quite a bit easier. The days of cheap southern living are gone. Working people are priced out of these areas now. Teacher pay is absolutely horrendous in the south. I wouldn’t be caught dead in a state like Texas.

They aren’t coming back unless you pay them.

“Small businesses added 215,000 of those jobs, even though the economic activity taking place there — particularly at restaurants and bars, stores and hotels — has been constrained as business owners struggle to compete for workers with big-box retailers and chain restaurants for hourly workers.”

52 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

What’s your point? Is there an ultra high vacancy rate? Don’t landlords set rent based at least somewhat on what people are capable of paying? 

Liberals don't know how markets work. The "party of science" doesn't understand basic economics.

• Like (+1) 2

On 5/7/2021 at 1:16 PM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Build back bloat er..

What a disaster. The economy is getting worse as we get more vaccinated. 

Sitting here Incredulous that the leadership actually got even more incompetent than the last. I thought that was impossible. 

This is the danger of hot takes based off one job report.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Governor said:

I’ve been back and forth a dozen times over the last 20 years or so and I’ve come to the conclusion that you really do get what you pay for. I’d rather pay more in taxes and have good schools and state services. Add a higher salary on top and you can get ahead quite a bit easier. The days of cheap southern living are gone. Working people are priced out of these areas now. Teacher pay is absolutely horrendous in the south. I wouldn’t be caught dead in a state like Texas.

My niece (late 20s) and her new husband in Texas bought a big house in a Dallas suburb and they are far from rolling in dough.  

On 7/1/2021 at 4:50 PM, Chef Jim said:

Inflation is a boogeyman??  You're not that clueless are you? 

Maybe they do but it's not up to the government to determine what that is.  Especially the federal government.   A "living wage" is vastly different from the backwaters of the south vs downtown LA.

And by the way what does a living wage even mean.  A bum living in a cardboard box brings in $20 buck a day.  He's living right?  :rolleyes:

Yes, a living wage of perks off book, no tax, provided under the table by the president, is vastly different when you view it from a cell.😁

22 hours ago, Governor said:

So we can agree to disagree here.  I don't see it like you and I don't think I'm getting what I'm paying for here.  Quite the contrary.  A lot of higher income people agree with me and are exiting the State on a consistent basis.  These are people that pay the majority of the State's income tax receipts.  Over time this is eroding the tax base and will force State and local governments to make some hard choices.  Hard choices they've avoiding making for a long time.  This is true of a lot of States.  

And frankly, you sound like my niece.  She's a net benefit receiver of the system and thinks its just fine.  While I don't know anything about you personally I suspect your situation is closer to hers than it is mine as I've yet to meet a homeowner that is elated to pay the highest property taxes in the nation.  Taxes which if you own or rent you pay directly or indirectly.  Or maybe you directly benefit from out of control government spending?  

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

5 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

So we can agree to disagree here.  I don't see it like you and I don't think I'm getting what I'm paying for here.  Quite the contrary.  A lot of higher income people agree with me and are exiting the State on a consistent basis.  These are people that pay the majority of the State's income tax receipts.  Over time this is eroding the tax base and will force State and local governments to make some hard choices.  Hard choices they've avoiding making for a long time.  This is true of a lot of States.  

And frankly, you sound like my niece.  She's a net benefit receiver of the system and thinks its just fine.  While I don't know anything about you personally I suspect your situation is closer to hers than it is mine as I've yet to meet a homeowner that is elated to pay the highest property taxes in the nation.  Taxes which if you own or rent you pay directly or indirectly.   

Conservatives of all income levels are leaving the state and they’re being replaced with younger wealth. Have you taken a ride through Madison, Short Hills, or West Orange lately?

I retired at age 42.

8 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

And frankly, you sound like my niece.  She's a net benefit receiver of the system and thinks its just fine.  While I don't know anything about you personally I suspect your situation is closer to hers than it is mine as I've yet to meet a homeowner that is elated to pay the highest property taxes in the nation.  Taxes which if you own or rent you pay directly or indirectly.  Or maybe you directly benefit from out of control government spending?  

Governor and I have gone through this many times but he thinks that high taxes are good because government is so efficient. He also thinks that the areas shutting schools down due to depopulation are better than those that are growing. The only thing he is correct on is that the rents in Orlando area have gone nuts due to amount of growth which is why I am so glad I bought my house when I did. 

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Governor and I have gone through this many times but he thinks that high taxes are good because government is so efficient. He also thinks that the areas shutting schools down due to depopulation are better than those that are growing. The only thing he is correct on is that the rents in Orlando area have gone nuts due to amount of growth which is why I am so glad I bought my house when I did. 

Yes, I like government EXCEPT for this freaking DMV here. I’ve never seen anything quite like this before. Lol.

I drove to the DMV to change over a title and the girl behind the counter said I had to call the DMV.

Why would I call the DMV? I’m at the DMV. This isn’t the DMV?

Edited by Governor

37 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yes, I like government EXCEPT for this freaking DMV here. I’ve never seen anything quite like this before. Lol.

I drove to the DMV to change over a title and the girl behind the counter said I had to call the DMV.

Why would I call the DMV? I’m at the DMV. This isn’t the DMV?

How anyone likes government is beyond me, but I appreciate the honesty 

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

How anyone likes government is beyond me, but I appreciate the honesty 

It’s amazing to me how people get so bent out of shape about a few thousand dollars in property tax and are willing to give up quality of life over it.