Daunte Wright Shooting

T&C

18 minutes ago, Tux of Borg said:

So are we now going to charge surgeons that accidentally kill their patients in surgery?  

Now you are just being ridiculous. Because this is America and everyone know rich people don't go to jail in america 

Jeez

• Haha (+1) 1

My two cents:

The cop should be charged with 2nd degree manslaughter.  ANY 2nd amendment loving person understands one important fact, when we use our weapon, we are responsible.  She should have known she drew her pistol and not taser.  Because she did it by accident, it's a crime of negligence.  I believe if she had meant to pull her gun, and ordered him to freeze or I'll shoot, then shot him, I think that would be a legal interaction because he was jumping into a vehicle which he could have had a gun, and even if not, him driving away while cops are near and around the car would risk their life.

So accident = 2nd degree manslaughter

on purpose = OK.

Also I'm not a big fan of her pointing her gun at her partner as he crossed her shot window a couple of times.  She should never have drawn a weapon in that situation anyhow.

It's a tragedy that this kid was killed.  It's a tragedy that this lady's life is ruined and that she will spend time in prison.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Demongyz said:

My two cents:

The cop should be charged with 2nd degree manslaughter.  ANY 2nd amendment loving person understands one important fact, when we use our weapon, we are responsible.  She should have known she drew her pistol and not taser.  Because she did it by accident, it's a crime of negligence.  I believe if she had meant to pull her gun, and ordered him to freeze or I'll shoot, then shot him, I think that would be a legal interaction because he was jumping into a vehicle which he could have had a gun, and even if not, him driving away while cops are near and around the car would risk their life.

So accident = 2nd degree manslaughter

on purpose = OK.

Also I'm not a big fan of her pointing her gun at her partner as he crossed her shot window a couple of times.  She should never have drawn a weapon in that situation anyhow.

It's a tragedy that this kid was killed.  It's a tragedy that this lady's life is ruined and that she will spend time in prison.

“It's a tragedy that this lady's life is ruined and that she will spend time in prison.”

She killed a person that didn’t need to be killed.

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

People just talking on bench and in locker room. Not all hockey players, just seems like a lot. Had one guy sit next to me on the defense side of bench and just started into a racist tirade about how blacks had destroyed neighborhoods, blah, blah. I never said a word. 

Have you never heard people being racist? You play hockey? 

I don’t play hockey.  I’m not much of a cold weather fan, have weak ankles and prefer the water in my vicinity be warm and gently kissing the sandy beach I am laying on, not cold and icy like Nancy Pelosi’s heart.  

I’m pushing 60–I have heard people making racially inappropriate comments.  

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Who said it was a white man? Is that real? You have a link? 

You think it stops at drug crimes? Yes or no 

Yes, real . I saw the video clip. I believe it was MSNBC but maybe others can chime in. 

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

“It's a tragedy that this lady's life is ruined and that she will spend time in prison.”

She killed a person that didn’t need to be killed.

The entire thing is a tragedy. Now we are going to debate which part of the story is the bigger tragedy ? Geez, get a grip. 

10 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes, real . I saw the video clip. I believe it was MSNBC but maybe others can chime in. 

The entire thing is a tragedy. Now we are going to debate which part of the story is the bigger tragedy ? Geez, get a grip. 

No the person who murdered someone doesn’t get to hide behind the it’s a tragedy bs that you’re trying to spew.

8 hours ago, Backintheday544 said:

No the person who murdered someone doesn’t get to hide behind the it’s a tragedy bs that you’re trying to spew.

I don’t know what evidence the prosecution has with respect to the officers background, comments on race or criminal past, but assuming it was indeed an unintended shooting, it’s a tragedy on several fronts.  First, a man is dead who should not be dead.  His death is due in part because of poor decisions in his last.  Second, the woman responsible has to live with her actions due to a split second encounter that never should  have ended the way it did.  I’d think the jail sentence she will face is not the worst thing to come for her.  Third, the community is in turmoil, with people losing their job for thinking and saying things unacceptable in today’s environment.  Fourth, a key community member entrusted by the public to do the right thing violated her oath out of fear of retribution from the mob.  Fifth, the narrative will be spun that this was an assassination of a man due to his skin color, leading to more unrest, more interaction, more violence against the police, and quite likely, directly contribute to more suffering, more looting, more violence, injury and death.  

There’s nothing about this that isn’t tragic. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t know what evidence the prosecution has with respect to the officers background, comments on race or criminal past, but assuming it was indeed an unintended shooting, it’s a tragedy on several fronts.  First, a man is dead who should not be dead.  His death is due in part because of poor decisions in his last.  Second, the woman responsible has to live with her actions due to a split second encounter that never should  have ended the way it did.  I’d think the jail sentence she will face is not the worst thing to come for her.  Third, the community is in turmoil, with people losing their job for thinking and saying things unacceptable in today’s environment.  Fourth, a key community member entrusted by the public to do the right thing violated her oath out of fear of retribution from the mob.  Fifth, the narrative will be spun that this was an assassination of a man due to his skin color, leading to more unrest, more interaction, more violence against the police, and quite likely, directly contribute to more suffering, more looting, more violence, injury and death.  

There’s nothing about this that isn’t tragic. 

Here’s where we’d differ. The few seconds of interaction between this young man and the officer are indeed a tragedy. Everything else is reckless, intentional destruction of our social contract and structure. None of the rest of it should ever be described as accidental or ‘tragic’. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Buffarukus said:

ok fair enough just curious how many black groups have you been in? have you ever been a minority? i grew up on the eastside and can assure you racism is in every group. it teaches you to judge others as individuals. so then youll talk about power structure and police having it. yet SEVERAL of the incidents have black police chiefs and captains..i guess they are all for white supremacy as they instruct people where to go and what crime to fight. not to mention they attained this position to begin with. but they were fired...progress.

we are going in the weeds. sorry the hockey team you play with is racist and im also sorry you believe a narrative that is highly exaggerated. i could go further but we are 4 years removed from a black man holding the highest office in this country, twice, and 0 from the second (woman). black people cannot achieve there goals and not be arrested do to racism, seems to be the overarching argument. many of my black friends and family must be outliers then. that's my experience at least.

as for the cops doing the same to whites. yes im against police brutality in general...who isnt? asians lives matter, black lives, trans lives matter ,we are going towards all lives..just give it time.

I know it goes both ways. People are people. Since black people were kept poor for so long, obviously this whole thing takes on a big class aspect, too. Poor people unfortuntely have more social problems, and that causes conflict with the greater society and the police are caught in the middle of it. 

10 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I don’t play hockey.  I’m not much of a cold weather fan, have weak ankles and prefer the water in my vicinity be warm and gently kissing the sandy beach I am laying on, not cold and icy like Nancy Pelosi’s heart.  

I’m pushing 60–I have heard people making racially inappropriate comments.  

I hear you. I use to be so crazy about hockey I was in the summer league but when it's 80 degrees outside, it felt strange to be inside on days like that so I way cut back on hockey. 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Here’s where we’d differ. The few seconds of interaction between this young man and the officer are indeed a tragedy. Everything else is reckless, intentional destruction of our social contract and structure. None of the rest of it should ever be described as accidental or ‘tragic’. 

It’s all in the perspective Gramps.  Reckless intention destruction on the one hand, often tragic on the other. 

30 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Now there’s a can of worms. Fentanyl addict? Former convicted felon? What’s this type of mental illness that acceptably leads to death? 

She was clearly suffering from some form of mental illness that drove her to climb through a broken window into the inner Capitol chamber while federal agents pointed guns at her ordering her not to come through... And that's how ti works, right? Police don't kill people, people kill themselves?

Edited by Motorin'

14 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

She was clearly suffering from some form of mental illness that drove her to climb through a broken window into the inner Capitol chamber while federal agents pointed guns at her ordering her not to come through... And that's how ti works, right? Police don't kill people, people kill themselves?

Triggered!!!