Daunte Wright Shooting

T&C

Deserves its own thread... this one will be going on for quite awhile imo.

Stun gun vs hand gun:

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/news/2021/04/13/gun-taser-daunte-wright-minneapolis

A snippet:

"Experts agree this is a real but very rare occurrence that probably happens less than once a year nationwide. A 2012 article published in the monthly law journal of Americans for Effective Law Enforcement documented nine cases in which officers shot suspects with handguns when they said they meant to fire stun guns dating back to 2001."

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is there a reason why the tazer manufacturers doesn't make them in bright yellow?   Seems to me it would almost certainly eliminate these sort of mistakes.

Bright yellow is one of the more popular Taser finishes. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Is there a reason why the tazer manufacturers doesn't make them in bright yellow?   Seems to me it would almost certainly eliminate these sort of mistakes.

This should have been solved in the 80s. A kid was shot holding a SEGA light gun. After that you had Nintendo and SEGA change the color of their guns.

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Awww it’s like you’ve never taken a statistics class.

Awwww per capita only matters when it fits your narrative.  That's cute.  

White people, contrary to fake news, do not appear to be immune from these cops that hunt people in the streets when they leave their homes.  

I pray for LeBron James every day.  

14 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Awwww per capita only matters when it fits your narrative.  That's cute.  

White people, contrary to fake news, do not appear to be immune from these cops that hunt people in the streets when they leave their homes.  

I pray for LeBron James every day.  

Okay! Great so we start with you not knowing stats based on this comment since you don’t know what per capita means. Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance. That’s a brave choice. Bravo!

So per capita means per person. So in the prior discussion we looked at welfare dollars per person.

This looks at shootings per race.

To make this easier to understand, you have a deck of 52 cards. 26 red and 26 black. If you pick a card you have a 50 percent chance of of getting black or red. Over a large enough sample (like say if every cop in the US picked a card, you’d expect 50 percent red and 50 percent black).

However, when these cops actually pull a card over a large sample, we find they pull a black card 2.6 times more than than they do a red card. Now if you were a critical thinker, you’d say hey wait that doesn’t make sense, we have an even population yet we’re pulling the black card at a higher frequency than the red card. Why is that?

Now to apply that to race in the US. White to black isn’t a 50/50 distribution. So we wouldn’t expect to sample US police shootings and see a 50/50 break down. We should expect to see a breakdown similar to population. But we don’t. We see a breakdown that skews more non-white than white based on population than we should see.

So I applaud you for acknowledging you don’t know statistics. I acknowledge this is a really quick example of how they would, so if my fellow posters see flaws in the analysis feel free to point them out so we can help educate Blitz!. So, maybe check out an online class and you can learn a little more than I can post in a quick post!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Secession is imminent.  

I'm good with it.  

What the hell do people think the logical conclusion of this leftist insanity is? 

Meanwhile 

Yep, and they’re never covered by the media. Doesn’t fit the narrative. I’m not personally outraged or offended when a Caucasian is shot by a cop either. It’s a total joke , the only thing that matters now is racial background of a suspect. It’s just stupid. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Okay! Great so we start with you not knowing stats based on this comment since you don’t know what per capita means. Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance. That’s a brave choice. Bravo!

So per capita means per person. So in the prior discussion we looked at welfare dollars per person.

To make this easier to understand, you have a deck of 52 cards. 26 red and 26 black. If you pick a card you have a 50 percent chance of of getting black or red. Over a large enough sample (like say if every cop in the US picked a card, you’d expect 50 percent red and 50 percent black).

However, when these cops actually pull a card over a large sample, we find they pull a black card 2.6 times more than than they do a red card. Now if you were a critical thinker, you’d say hey wait that doesn’t make sense, we have an even population yet we’re pulling the black card at a higher frequency than the red card. Why is that?

Now to apply that to race in the US. White to black isn’t a 50/50 distribution. So we wouldn’t expect to sample US police shootings and see a 50/50 break down. We should expect to see a breakdown similar to population. But we don’t. We see a breakdown that skews more non-white than white based on population than we should see.

So I applaud you for acknowledging you don’t know statistics. I acknowledge this is a really quick example of how they would, so if my fellow posters see flaws in the analysis feel free to point them out so we can help educate Blitz!. So, maybe check out an online class and you can learn a little more than I can post in a quick post!

lol now do homicides, sexual assaults, and robberies. 

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

Your response makes zero sense and you’re not @Big Blitz who is actually cool to go back and forth with.

I’m saying do your little per capita dance with the race/ethnicity breakdown of violent crime offenders. 

1 minute ago, LeviF91 said:

I’m saying do your little per capita dance with the race/ethnicity breakdown of violent crime offenders. 

You can ask our right of center board members here but I tend to stay away from the that’s racist talk, for example check out the MLB thread. 

But your argument now seems to be people of color commit violent crimes at a higher rate than white people? I’m not 100 percent saying that’s racist but it probably is.

It ignores the facts of things like over policing.

If you want to look at stats that don’t rely on things like over policing or reported crime, serial killers are predominantly white compared to population. That’s the only crime I can think of that is so egregious it’s just generally sought to get the right person.

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

You can ask our right of center board members here but I tend to stay away from the that’s racist talk, for example check out the MLB thread. 

But your argument now seems to be people of color commit violent crimes at a higher rate than white people? I’m not 100 percent saying that’s racist but it probably is.

If you want to look at stats that don’t rely on things like over policing or reported crime, serial killers are predominantly white compared to population. That’s the only crime I can think of that is so egregious it’s just generally sought to get the right person.

Yeah, that silly crime of forcible rape is really over policed. 

“I don’t say ‘that’s racist’ but that’s racist!”

Ever heard of the National Crime Victimization Survey?

Oh, and you’re a ***** idiot. 

Edited by LeviF91

4 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Wait... what?  😂

10 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

The trouble with your analysis is thinking the real world works according to “ the numbers” . Numbers don’t account for cultural differences between demographic groups. Numbers don’t commit crimes, nor do they respond to interactions with police in different ways. They’re just numbers. Certain groups commit more crimes, so data will be skewed certain ways because of that. Expecting things to play out relative to population makeup is seriously flawed.