Random Political Thoughts Inc.

T&C

7 hours ago, sherpa said:

"And I was talking about people that went because they felt very strongly about the monument to Robert E. Lee, a great general."

"There were very fine people on both sides, & I'm not talking about the Neo-nazis and white supremacists because they should be condemned totally."

"You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people — and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists — because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists."

I get that hitting Tibs with a baseball bat wouldn't matter, as has been done so many times.

But for God's sake can you Trump haters stop diminishing your argument by failing to acknowledge the truth?

It is complete ignorance and counter productive.

3 hours ago, sherpa said:

You can do any stupid little thing you want on a forum, but no reasonable, rational individual woud make a claim that someone said something, when that person, twice, refuted it in the same response.

It is simply an idiotic, false claim.

It's the same with the "peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard" on J6.  They'll read into it what they want.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

What the hell is the truth from trump?  You can't believe a word he says.  How can one acknowledge something that doesn't exist in his mind?  Remember "alternative facts"?  Can you please define them for me?  His book lists a euphemism for lying as a mechanism to gain success in biz.   The CNN interview was almost entirely filled with demonstrable lies from him.  And you all eat it up and ask for more.  Do you not believe what your ears hear and eyes see?  We have a convicted  LYINGsex offfender in a dead heat for prez and that's ok with you?  Are your personal, selfish goals that much more important to you than your honor?/  Shame and embarrassment on you.

Can you read?  pre injection, moron.  like wiping the injection site (in this case the external eye- do u even know where the cornea is?) you idiot.  No one argues that topical disinfectants aren't useful.  Now produce a real paper.  God, I hope you don't teach STEM classes...Stay in your lane cuz you'd be dangerous out of it, just like trump.

Your citation:

Povidone Iodine vs AVEnova: A Pre-injection Disinfection Study (PAVE Study) (PAVE)

You are correct that I pulled the wrong paper, I pulled the first thing I found without looking closer which is my fault.  That being said any definition of a disinfectant that does not include antimicrobial or antiviral is illegitimate and look up antimicrobial or antiviral injection and there are plenty of examples.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

You are correct that I pulled the wrong paper, I pulled the first thing I found without looking closer which is my fault.  That being said any definition of a disinfectant that does not include antimicrobial or antiviral is illegitimate and look up antimicrobial or antiviral injection and there are plenty of examples.

trump was wrong and ignorant in those remarks.  topical disinfectants can be antimicrobial and/or antiviral but these are not injectable or oral drugs.  stay in your own lane.  you don't know what you're talking about...

• Eyeroll 1

11 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

see out of touch… you argue against my point of poor investment majors then reference a hard science like chemistry. But ok, there actually is a poor investment decision baked into this.  

chemical engineering major shares most of the same core curriculum but leads to 30% higher average income. Since you love averages you made a poor choice. 

Yes please!! We agree on something 

i made a good choice.  I learned basic science and simultaneously liberal arts including things like philosophy and economics which have served me well in life.  And it prepared me well for medicine.  besides that, engineering skills are not my forte'.  But if I were to counsel someone on a college major, I'd tell them to follow what you love.  If you love money more than anything, go for a high earning major at a prestigious school (yes, it matters).  If you are passionate about Art, do that because working your life in a field you love is wonderful, working it in one you hate is hell.

But  having destroyed every premise about electorate demographics that you proposed (education, income, socioeconomic status), let's move on....

Edited by redtail hawk

11 hours ago, sherpa said:

You can do any stupid little thing you want on a forum, but no reasonable, rational individual woud make a claim that someone said something, when that person, twice, refuted it in the same response.

It is simply an idiotic, false claim.

Spend 5 minutes reading what people in his orbit witnessed re racism and see if you still believe his words:

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/06/trump-racism-comments/588067/

trump has also stated "I'm the least racist person on earth" several times.  Do you believe that too?

Edited by redtail hawk

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

trump has also stated "I'm the least racist person on earth" several times.  Do you believe that too?

I have zero interest in responding to questions about Trump.

What I do know is the claim that his good people on both sides remarks were about protestors on both sides of the remove the Lee statue and those comments did not include white supremacist's and Nazis, a point he made twice in that response and is always omitted and not acknowledged in these silly claims.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I have zero interest in responding to questions about Trump.

What I do know is the claim that his good people on both sides remarks were about protestors on both sides of the remove the Lee statue and those comments did not include white supremacist's and Nazis, a point he made twice in that response and is always omitted and not acknowledged in these silly claims.

And you are the final word?  Nope.  my interpretation of the liar's words are as good as yours or better.  I know who the man is.  You refuse to discuss it.  Doesn't fit your narrative.  I know his history in re to racism.  My interpretation of his words are buttressed by his actions throughout his entire adult life and the fact that so many hate groups align with him.

"I have zero interest in responding to questions about Trump."   Ummm, you just have responded with 3 posts concerning a question about trump! Of course you don't ,despite the fact that the entire debate is incumbent on what we know about him in regards to racism and lying for effect....

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

trump was wrong and ignorant in those remarks.  topical disinfectants can be antimicrobial and/or antiviral but these are not injectable or oral drugs.  stay in your own lane.  you don't know what you're talking about...

Interesting that you had to add the word topical in order to call him wrong. I am also glad you agree that you should not be in the education thread since you should stay in your own lane. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

And you are the final word?  Nope.  my interpretation of the liar's words are as good as yours or better.  I know who the man is.  You refuse to discuss it.  Doesn't fit your narrative.  I know his history in re to racism.  My interpretation of his words are buttressed by his actions throughout his entire adult life and the fact that so many hate groups align with him.

"I have zero interest in responding to questions about Trump."   Ummm, you just have responded with 3 posts concerning a question about trump! Of course you don't ,despite the fact that the entire debate is incumbent on what we know about him in regards to racism and lying for effect....

I have zero interest in expanding any discussion about Trump, or even thinking about him, and I have no "narrative," so stop that bs.

I am solely interested in people lying about what he said as they repeatedly omit his decrying white supremacists and neo Nazis and he made that point very clear in that same answer, and the same people do it on this forum over and over and over. 

Now get to the really important work of an adult strapping negative emojis on posts.

That's time well spent.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Quack, M.D. strikes again...

Trumps comments about injecting toxic chemicals and getting light inside the body were poorly conveyed and mangled in typical Trump style. But they weren't wrong.

There are indeed therapies using liposome eccapsulated toxic compounds that deliver the payload to specific tissues. Trump likely was briefed on some of these efforts and as evidence from his comments did not fully understand the concept.

Also he mentioned getting light inside the body, meaning UV light. Again there have been studies looking at this and they were indeed studying this as a covid therapy.

Here's a liberal rag fact check even.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/02/fact-check-covid-19-uv-light-treatment-research-underway-los-angeles/3053177001/

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

Interesting that you had to add the word topical in order to call him wrong. I am also glad you agree that you should not be in the education thread since you should stay in your own lane. 

topical was added for emphasis, not for need.  Have you bothered to look up the definition of the word?  Here you go.  And I'm mainstream in medical topics including Covid.  I've also taught post grad and college students so education is in my lane

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK574540/

28 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Quack, M.D. strikes again...

Trumps comments about injecting toxic chemicals and getting light inside the body were poorly conveyed and mangled in typical Trump style. But they weren't wrong.

There are indeed therapies using liposome eccapsulated toxic compounds that deliver the payload to specific tissues. Trump likely was briefed on some of these efforts and as evidence from his comments did not fully understand the concept.

Also he mentioned getting light inside the body, meaning UV light. Again there have been studies looking at this and they were indeed studying this as a covid therapy.

Here's a liberal rag fact check even.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/05/02/fact-check-covid-19-uv-light-treatment-research-underway-los-angeles/3053177001/

from your citation (it's great when righties do my work for me):  

"Dr. Len Lichtenfeld, deputy chief medical officer for the American Cancer Society, said in a video published April 24 that UV radiation is dangerous and should be taken seriously.

"There is no evidence whatsoever that ultraviolet radiation ... has any impact in any way on preventing or treating COVID-19," he said. "And we have to understand that we rely on evidence. There is no evidence."

On April 24, Trump said he was being sarcastic.The White House issued a statement that day blaming media for quoting him out of context. "

you can't have it both ways.  he was either being sarcastic or serious.  In this case, you choose not to believe his words.  In others, you believe them verbatim despite the meaning being clear as mud (he speaks as badly as many MAGA posters here write) as it was in the Charlottesville press conference.  Shameless ...Why do you try to defend this dolt?

Edited by redtail hawk

6 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

topical was added for emphasis, not for need.  Have you bothered to look up the definition of the word?  Here you go.  And I'm mainstream in medical topics including Covid.  I've also taught post grad and college students so education is in my lane

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK574540/

How amazing that you have done all these things but still have not told me what your specialty was in the medical field, also you did not know that Ivermectin was given a Nobel prize for human applications so I am sure you understand my hesitation in believing most of your  credentials. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

And you are the final word?  Nope.  my interpretation of the liar's words are as good as yours or better.  I know who the man is.  

Your interpretation of the man's words are valid when you refuse to even acknowledge them?

OK, that makes sense.

Of course you know better, and not being truthful of what he actually said makes you more better.

• Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Reminder that Ian has no American citizenship and has never stepped foot in the United States. He’s designed to agitate people. 

I was actually unaware of this, but which part makes him opinion less important to you?

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I was actually unaware of this, but which part makes him opinion less important to you?

In my opinion, he’s a grifter that’s designed to farm angry clicks and the ad money that comes from. 

All Pride Month is is corporate marketing and rainbow capitalism. 

Edited by Roundybout
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

In my opinion, he’s a grifter that’s designed to farm angry clicks and the ad money that comes from. 

You mean we could all make money doing what we’re doing for free? Go figure! Can we unionize? 

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/19/middleeast/turkey-president-recep-tayyip-erdogan-interview-mime-intl/index.html

Erdogan loves Putin and apparently so does Musk.  Continuing to censor opposition on Twitter.

Erdogan also helped secure an exchange of prisoners of war between Ukraine and Russia, in addition to hosting some liberated Ukrainian POWS in Turkey, and providing Kyiv with arms. Still his close ties with Putin have made his Western allies nervous.

Didnt read anything about musk in that article. 

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

would have been nice if that article included the actual info as it seems to be a very small amount.

"In a tweet, Twitter said four accounts and 409 tweets had been identified by the Turkish government in a court order, which the firm had then blocked. Twitter added that it would "continue to object in court" to it."

31 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

would have been nice if that article included the actual info as it seems to be a very small amount.

"In a tweet, Twitter said four accounts and 409 tweets had been identified by the Turkish government in a court order, which the firm had then blocked. Twitter added that it would "continue to object in court" to it."

he still has picked a side...

5 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

he still has picked a side...

He helped broker a key agreement known as the Black Sea Grain Corridor Initiative that unlocked millions of tons of wheat caught up in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, averting a global hunger crisis. The agreement was extended for another two months on Wednesday, one day before it was set to expire.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/05/19/middleeast/turkey-president-recep-tayyip-erdogan-interview-mime-intl/index.html

Erdogan loves Putin and apparently so does Musk.  Continuing to censor opposition on Twitter.

Loves Putin so much he donated all those starlink terminals to Ukraine and then had his engineers alter the carriers to evade Russian jamming??? 

yeah Putin love 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

He helped broker a key agreement known as the Black Sea Grain Corridor Initiative that unlocked millions of tons of wheat caught up in Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, averting a global hunger crisis. The agreement was extended for another two months on Wednesday, one day before it was set to expire.

and that has absolutely nothing to do with picking a side in the Turkish election...

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

and that has absolutely nothing to do with picking a side in the Turkish election...

Picking a side? The article you cited said turkey’s government said ‘these tweet are illegal, take them down or we take the whole site down.’ He said alright for now but I’ll see you in court.

would should he have done? 

• Like (+1) 1