Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Well, Miami's "haul" for dropping from 3 to 6 is looking even more paltry.

Why so? In the exchange they will still be able to get a top tier receiver in this draft which they wanted to address and accumulate currency for the not so distant future. The Dolphins have a plan and are steadily implementing it. This regime is doing a good job building up their roster from the mistakes made by their trading partners. (Most notably Houston.) 

3 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

That ends up being a bad return, hell, the Jets gave up 3 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots. 

That shows how we OT the Jets front office was at the time.  Hell the Jets going to struggle till they get better ownership.  

Just now, DolFAN93 said:

That's an actual 3rd and not the comp pick for 2021....not sure how that's a loss.

Because they did not reap even a single extra pick this year from making substantial move back in a fairly loaded draft (not that they really need more pick this year, mind you).

Just now, Bleedingreennc said:

Due to the fact that you could have gotten a lot more.

How do you or I know this? Value changes every year. Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean it'll happen again. Let's see if ATL gets three picks for Fields or Lance lol.

22 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So true.  Every offseason we went through the 5 stages of not having a QB.  

Denial - Tyrod is basically still a rookie! He can improve!

Anger- F@#$% why can't we get a franchise QB?

Bargaining - "Well we really upgraded the OL and weapons around Tyrod. If the D stays the same top 4 unit we are SOLIDLY in the hunt for a wild card berth" 

Depression - 7 and 9 here we come again.

Acceptance - Hey guys check out my mock draft!

PatsFanNH is currently at Bargaining.  

I’m just glad the Bills took the division and not the Jets or Phins.. 

I will support my team even if I have go there the late 80’s and early 90’s pain yet again.  I hope not but I will still cheer for them.. :)

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, JohnC said:

Why so? In the exchange they will still be able to get a top tier receiver in this draft which they wanted to address and accumulate currency for the not so distant future. The Dolphins have a plan and are steadily implementing it. This regime is doing a good job building up their roster from the mistakes made by their trading partners. (Most notably Houston.) 

I agree that they will probably be able to get their guy at 6, but they did not pick up a single extra pick this year in exchange for making a very significant move back in a loaded draft year.  The only first round pick they got is two years down the road and is from a team that probably will finish pretty high in the standings.  And I hate the Texans for single-handedly making Miami a pesky contender. 

1 minute ago, DolFAN93 said:

How do you or I know this? Value changes every year. Just because something happened in the past doesn't mean it'll happen again. Let's see if ATL gets three picks for Fields or Lance lol.

Read what the guy above you posted, the value is static, and it gets moved based on supply and demand. Miami jumped the gun, like i said, they could have gotten more.

1 minute ago, PatsFanNH said:

I’m just glad the Bills took the division and not the Jets or Phins.. 

I will support my team even if I have go there the late 80’s and early 90’s pain yet again.  I hope not but I will still cheer for them.. :)

We all knew the Bills were going to start dominating the division, writing was on the wall. 

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Because they did not reap even a single extra pick this year from making substantial move back in a fairly loaded draft (not that they really need more pick this year, mind you).

Which is why I think they opted for the extra 1st instead of a 2nd or 3rd in 2021.

4 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Read what the guy above you posted, the value is static, and it gets moved based on supply and demand. Miami jumped the gun, like i said, they could have gotten more.

We all knew the Bills were going to start dominating the division, writing was on the wall. 

It was! Only question Mark was Allen and if he would take that next step. 

6 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Not to mention the fact, you still have Tua......that alone keeps the fins down.

31 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So true.  Every offseason we went through the 5 stages of not having a QB.  

Denial - Tyrod is basically still a rookie! He can improve!

Anger- F@#$% why can't we get a franchise QB?

Bargaining - "Well we really upgraded the OL and weapons around Tyrod. If the D stays the same top 4 unit we are SOLIDLY in the hunt for a wild card berth" 

Depression - 7 and 9 here we come again.

Acceptance - Hey guys check out my mock draft!

PatsFanNH is currently at Bargaining.  

Add to the equation that a 7-9 year puts you in the perfect position to not get a QB in the draft!

15 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

That ends up being a bad return, hell, the Jets gave up 3 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots. 

Everyone and I mean everyone said they overpaid for the move.

When you add that they picked Darnold it was a horrible move.

I'm not trying to pick on you it's just the truth.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Add to the equation that a 7-9 year puts you in the perfect position to not get a QB in the draft!

Everyone and I mean everyone said they overpaid for the move.

When you add that they picked Darnold it was a horrible move.

I'm not trying to pick on you it's just the truth.

No offense taken, it was a horrible move on our part. The 49ers just did basically the same thing to settle for our leftovers, glad its not us doing it again. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

(Scratching my head) you lost to NE for like 20 years.. hell Brady had more wins in Buffalo than Buffalo QBs before Allen. That said you had one game where you bet them down the other you needed a Newton fumble to claim victory.. mind you it make our division one of the toughest with Miami, Buffalo, and NE all being legit teams. 

I'm living in the present! LOL