Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

Are you serious?  Nothing Tua did last year would make anyone think that.  And Wilkins "a stud"?  Are you a Dolphins fan, cause I don't know many non-dolphins fans who would say either of those things. 

Been a Bills fan for about 35 years now.

Wilikens has a grade of almost 70 from pff. He's a pretty good player, and still young.

As for Tua, I'd be fine with him as he's only started 6-7 games and is coming off a pretty serious injury. From what I've seen of him at college and here with the Dolphins, there's definitely something there to work with, which is all you want to see from a Rookie. I still think he's got Jared Goff potential.

I'm not GUARANTEEING that the Dolphins are a future Juggernaught...just that they have a pathway there

Edited by appoo

6 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Really?  He got the equivalent of two 3rd rounders.  

Am I misreading? I saw that they got the Niners 2022 and 23 1st round picks, along with a third to move from 3 to 12.

Then the Dolphins trade one of their two 2022 picks to move to 6.

So right now, the way I see it, they moved back three spaces for a 2023 1st rounder, and a third round pick. If there isn't a QB that you love, that seems very worthwhile

5 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I will say that the Phins GM at least is looking strangely competent. Not only do they get a bevy of picks, but they effectively moved back up to six. 

I wasn't a big fan of the 1st round picks he made in 2020.  Didn't love Tua, jackson or Igbinoghene.  Tunsil and minkah for jackson and Igbinoghene (they do obviously have the other pick from the tunsil trade which is more valuable than both).  But those are major downgrades at important positions.  

But he also has made some smart moves - did the tear down post tannehill.  Found some good foundational pieces, and maximized trade value for players.  But 2 of the probably best 3 players he drafted, he traded.  

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Am I misreading? I saw that they got the Niners 2022 and 23 1st round picks, along with a third to move from 3 to 12.

So right now, the way I see it, they moved back three spaces for a 2023 1st rounder, and a third round pick. If there isn't a QB that you love, that seems very worthwhile

Absolutely - maximized the value of the pick and still very likely get a player right at the top of their board.

Adam Schefter on Twitter: "49ers have been attempting to move into top five picks for several weeks now, per sources. They discussed trading up with Dolphins at 3, Falcons at 4, Bengals at 5 and ultimately decided to go as high as they could, per sources. There were no trade-up talks with the Jets at 2." / Twitter

Don't know if this was posted but SF never had talks with the Jets for the #2 pick. Seems the Jets are set on taking a QB most likely Wilson.

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

A 2023 1st rounder is generally considered a 3rd rounder this year if you discount a round for every year out.  
And you usually judge a trade by similar deals in the past.  Indy got two current year 2nd rounders and a next years 2nd rounder which you’d discount to a 3rd rounder.  

27 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Don't know if this was posted but SF never had talks with the Jets for the #2 pick. Seems the Jets are set on taking a QB most likely Wilson

I wouldn't be surprised if SF tries to get to #2 by packaging #3 with Garoppolo and additional picks and or players. The Jets may be stupid enough to pass on Wilson.

Edited by turftoe

59 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I will say that the Phins GM at least is looking strangely competent. Not only do they get a bevy of picks, but they effectively moved back up to six. 

As much as I hate to say it....this looks vaguely similar to the moves Beane made to get into a position to draft Josh Allen

A vet QB or high draft pick QB coming

52 minutes ago, appoo said:

Been a Bills fan for about 35 years now.

Wilikens has a grade of almost 70 from pff. He's a pretty good player, and still young.

As for Tua, I'd be fine with him as he's only started 6-7 games and is coming off a pretty serious injury. From what I've seen of him at college and here with the Dolphins, there's definitely something there to work with, which is all you want to see from a Rookie. I still think he's got Jared Goff potential.

I'm not GUARANTEEING that the Dolphins are a future Juggernaught...just that they have a pathway there

I am going to say that yes....Wilkins is a stud and wished we had him

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

As much as I hate to say it....this looks vaguely similar to the moves Beane made to get into a position to draft Josh Allen

Beane would have just stayed at 3 if he was in their shoes and wanted Allen. He had to make all those moves for Allen because he only had like 12 and 22 or something and was trying to get up to the top 5 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Beane would have just stayed at 3 if he was in their shoes and wanted Allen. He had to make all those moves for Allen because he only had like 12 and 22 or something and was trying to get up to the top 5 

Yolo my point is their GM is being very aggressive much like Beane was in that draft

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Moving back 3 spots to still take a top 10 pick QB sounds insane.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I thought you meant specifically for a Qb - to me it looks like he’s moving around but not for that. 

You dont think he is aquiring draft capital for Watson?

8 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Moving back 3 spots to still take a top 10 pick QB sounds insane.

War,

He is aquiring draft picks

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

War,

I'd think they'd be better position for that if they didn't trade back up losing one of the #1 picks they just got.

5 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

War,

They did nothing to increase their draft capital with these moves.  (They already had plenty.) And Watson is radioactive at the moment.  No one is trading anything for him until there is some sort of resolution to his current "situation".

Edited by mannc

Just now, mannc said:

They did very little to increase their draft capital with these series of moves.  (They already had plenty.) And Watson is radioactive at the moment.  No one is trading anything for him until there is some sort of resolution to his current "situation".

I certainly hope that is the case and not Miami buying Watson while his stock is at its lowest

I would rather Miami just take stabs at other positions with those picks....I am not wishing for Watson to be in the AFC East