Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

Jimmy G to NE MUST HAPPEN!

For one, I want to see NE games be more than just us beating them down for a change. It's a little bit sad to see what they've become. 

Two, it adds even more to the Brady/Belichick Bowl this season!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Vomit 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Bye bye Garropolo?    read here though that he was an excellent QB and just hasnt been given the right opportunity by Shanahan

He will get another shot after he restructured his deal in NE to prove he is a good QB.

Not a fan of this.  

NE will probably get Jimmy G. from San Fran for a 7th rounder or something like that (teams just seem to do that w/ NE).  Jimmy has had bad injury luck and a spotty career so far, but he is a huge upgrade over Cam, imo.

I was hoping the Pats were all in on drafting a QB, who would take a few years to develop and be a crapshoot anyway.  Jimmy, with their other acquisitions, would immediately make them a contender in the division.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Also......possible Jimmy G back to NE on trade???

Yep.

Not worried.  He’s serviceable with the talent they just bought, but he’s not Allen.  Doesn’t it feel great to say something like that about Josh.  I swear I never thought after two decades we’d get another MGK.  The real one not little old me.

7 minutes ago, nucci said:

Miami went from 3 to 12 to 6. Sorry if I typed that incorrectly

Ah.  I didn’t see the other trade.  It’s so strange to me to see teams trade up not knowing who is there.   The Dolphins immediately traded next years 1st to get back to 6.  

So they traded back 3 spots for a later round pick this year and a 1st in two years?  Strange 

• Agree 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Ah.  I didn’t see the other trade.  It’s so strange to me to see teams trade up not knowing who is there.   The Dolphins immediately traded next years 1st to get back to 6.  

So they traded back 3 spots for a later round pick this year and a 1st in two years?  Strange 

I got the 1st trade but some questions with this one

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jimmy G to NE MUST HAPPEN!

For one, I want to see NE games be more than just us beating them down for a change. It's a little bit sad to see what they've become. 

Two, it adds even more to the Brady/Belichick Bowl this season!

(Scratching my head) you lost to NE for like 20 years.. hell Brady had more wins in Buffalo than Buffalo QBs before Allen. That said you had one game where you bet them down the other you needed a Newton fumble to claim victory.. mind you it make our division one of the toughest with Miami, Buffalo, and NE all being legit teams. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

Miami cleaned up. What a deal for them. If Tua ends up being any good the Dolphins are going to be dangerous

How did they "clean up"?  They got a third round pick next year and a first round pick in 2023, which is worth less than a second round pick this year, to move from 3 to 6.  The Jets traded three second round picks, including two in that year's draft, to move from 6 to 3 in 2018. 

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 4

39 minutes ago, Logic said:

I guess we'll see.

If no one makes a good offer, I absolutely believe they'll hang on to him for the season.

If someone comes knocking with a 3rd round draft pick, though?

The 49ers would be wise to start to recoup some of the draft capital they just gave up in this trade, and getting a decent pick back for a guy that's not in their long term plans is smart business. 

Can't disagree with that.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Not really they are giving Tua 2 years if he isn’t good they have 3 picks to move up and get a top notch rookie.. it’s actually kind of a brilliant move.. 

• Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

you know the team better than me. But Terrell Pryor was arguably the most hyped future NFL superstar recruit out of High School in my lifetime. He had some great passing seasons at Ohio State too under Tressell. And even guys like JT Barrett had 3,000 yard passing seasons.

I do think back when those earlier dual threat players were coming out (Smith and Pryor), the NFL was much different. If Pryor came out today, you wonder if he would have been developed into a very good/great NFL QB.   

Neither were considered nfl type QBs. Pryor was a complete idiot, he could never have played that position successfully. Barrett was very limited and didn’t have elite traits outside of his leadership.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Logic said:

So, after both trades, the Dolphins:

Get:

#6 pick 

3rd round pick 

2023 1st round pick 

Lose:

#3 overall

4th round pick 

They turned around and gave up next years 1st from the original trade   

I feel like the end result is a loss for the Dolphins. I get that it’s only 3 spots, but I feel like they could have gotten more as time went on.  The Jags aren’t trading the #1 and I doubt the Jets will trade.  The Dolphins hold all the cards if they think Tua is their guy 

Edited by Virgil

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

(Scratching my head) you lost to NE for like 20 years.. hell Brady had more wins in Buffalo than Buffalo QBs before Allen. That said you had one game where you bet them down the other you needed a Newton fumble to claim victory.. mind you it make our division one of the toughest with Miami, Buffalo, and NE all being legit teams. 

How are the Celts & Bruins doing, anyway?

13 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's not a terrible deal for Miami. My concern for them was their o-line though. I was thinking just stay at #3 and pick up the top rated LT. And if they want to deal back into the top 12 of the draft use their 2nd first round pick they had to do so. 

Some analysts have the OTs from VT and Northwestern higher than Sewell. The other thing that people forget is that they just spent a 1st last year on a LT. He didn't light the world on fire, injuries and extremely raw, but resources have already been used. Mind you three of Miami's starting OL were rookies last year.

38 minutes ago, mannc said:

Wow!  So they got a third and a 2023 first to move back from 3 to 6.  I don't think that's very good value for Phins.

If you are the Dolphins it's the result.  They know that #3 is now a QB.  So in reality they went form 4 to 6 in the trade.

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

So, after both trades, the Dolphins:

Get:

#6 pick 

3rd round pick 

2023 1st round pick 

Lose:

#3 overall

4th round pick 

They turned around and gave up next years 2nd.  

I feel like the end result is a loss for the Dolphins. I get that it’s only 3 spots, but I feel like they could have gotten more as time went on.  The Jags aren’t trading the #1 and I doubt the Jets will trade.  The Dolphins hold all the cards if they think Tua is their guy 

When did they do that?  Did I miss something?