Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

6 minutes ago, Mr. K said:

Could the Bills/Dolphins rivalry return?

Miami actually has ro turn these picks into talent. They had three 1st last year and they weren't spectacular-- Tua was so-so, Jackson played up and down, and Iggy was on special teams by the end of the year. Chris Grier has to scout players better. Those picks could have been Justin Herbert, Justin Jefferson, and Antoine Winfield :(

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Success said:

How are the Celts & Bruins doing, anyway?

Bruins are good, Celtics should be but god are they struggling.. 

11 minutes ago, Success said:

Yeah, definitely seeing that.  Those were fun days.

And it will be fun to see the Jets & Pats battle it out for 3rd place.

Jets will be 4-12 this year.. Pats I see at 10-6 maybe even 12-4 depending on who is QB... (they were 7-9 with a sub par group playing a much harder schedule.)

• Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, DolFAN93 said:

Miami actually has ro turn these picks into talent. They had three 1st last year and they weren't spectacular-- Tua was so-so, Jackson played up and down, and Iggy was on special teams by the end of the year. Chris Grier has to scout players better. Those picks could have been Justin Herbert, Justin Jefferson, and Antoine Winfield :(

I mean I would rather dominate the division but healthy competition is always a win.

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Jets will be 4-12 this year.. Pats I see at 10-6 maybe even 12-4 depending on who is QB... (they were 7-9 with a sub par group playing a much harder schedule.)

You had the Bruins staying on top a few months ago, and the Celtics being a top contender.  Makes your 10-6 to 12-4 prediction for the Pats kind of moot.

What have the Pats really done?  They were the classic "win the offseason" team.  Without doubt, they significantly improved the TE position. The rest was a lot of spending for minor to average upgrades.  And they had a bad team last year - not even average.

If they get Jimmy, they could make some noise, but 12-4 would be a shock.  10-6 is still a stretch. They're very likely headed for a 3rd place finish, imo.  Their FA was blustery & a lot of arm-waving, but doesn't amount to much.

26 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jimmy G to NE MUST HAPPEN!

For one, I want to see NE games be more than just us beating them down for a change. It's a little bit sad to see what they've become. 

Two, it adds even more to the Brady/Belichick Bowl this season!

We have beaten New England in convincing fashion exactly ONCE since 2001.  One lopsided win in 20 f@#$ing years and you're sick of it?!?!?  They were 7-9 last year and almost beat us if not for an extremely luck turnover. And you weep for them?!?!

This has got to be Stockholm syndrome.  You have learned to love the Pats after 20 years of them dominating us.  One downvote simply isn't enough.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

You had the Bruins staying on top a few months ago, and the Celtics being a top contender.  Makes your 10-6 to 12-4 prediction for the Pats kind of moot.

What have the Pats really done?  They were the classic "win the offseason" team.  Without doubt, they significantly improved the TE position. The rest was a lot of spending for minor to average upgrades.  And they had a bad team last year - not even average.

If they get Jimmy, they could make some noise, but 12-4 would be a shock.  10-6 is still a stretch. They're very likely headed for a 3rd place finish, imo.  Their FA was blustery & a lot of arm-waving, but doesn't amount to much.

It’s how they spent. They strengthened their O line and D line.  They got a very Good LB to compliment Hightower.. on O they got 2 of the best TE available.  The only question Mark really on the team is the most important position.. QB.

They have been saying up here Jimmy G is plan A at QB.. so I expect a trade and then if Jones is gone at 15 they pick the best WR left to add to the toys Jimmy G has.  If Jimmy G isn’t traded to the Pats expect them to bundle a lot of picks to move up and grab either Jones or Fields whichever one is left after the frenzy first few picks. 

• Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

He will get another shot after he restructured his deal in NE to prove he is a good QB.

Nah. Jimmy G is primarily a game manager .  New England doesn’t have the same talent as San Fran so I expect some not so great results if Jimmy came back to be starter .

Just now, prissythecat said:

Nah. Jimmy G is primarily a game manager .  New England doesn’t have the same talent as San Fran so I expect some not so great results if Jimmy came back to be starter .

Two areas they are better in than SF.  Offensive line and RB.  WR are a wash and they have the better TE, but the Pats have the better duo of TE (if that makes sense).

Jimmy G only flaw is he is brittle as anything. I think he be a good stop gap between Brady and the next QB.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

It’s how they spent. They strengthened their O line and D line.  They got a very Good LB to compliment Hightower.. on O they got 2 of the best TE available.  The only question Mark really on the team is the most important position.. QB.

They have been saying up here Jimmy G is plan A at QB.. so I expect a trade and then if Jones is gone at 15 they pick the best WR left to add to the toys Jimmy G has.  If Jimmy G isn’t traded to the Pats expect them to bundle a lot of picks to move up and grab either Jones or Fields whichever one is left after the frenzy first few picks. 

The only question mark is QB is how you can miss the playoffs for 20 straight years.  I cut you some slack because you're new to this but you'll learn.

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Shaw66 said:

I gotta say that although I don't think Tua is the man, the Dolphins have been making a lot of good moves.  I think they're building nicely. 

They are giving Tua 2 years prove it otherwise they have the 1st round picks draft his replacement. A great move.. and if he is good they have draft capital fix other areas of need.

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

The first part of that response reminds me of how Bills fans talked for half of the drought years, especially when we spent more than usual on FA's.

Their O-line stood pat - they also lost Thuney and Cannon. We'll see if Brown can stay in shape.  It's still their best unit though, as it was last year.

The LB they got is okay, and Hightower is on the wrong side of 30, after missing a whole season.  

The WR corps is improved, but still just middlin' at best.  Again - they remind me of the drought-era Bills.  A bunch of #2 and #3 guys (being generous there).

And, like the drought-era Bills, the biggest question mark is QB.  Color me not scared at all if they trade up for one of the QB's in the draft.   They won't compete right away with any of them, and BB will probably retire by the time one develops into a decent starting QB - if they ever do.

It's like watching a mirror of what Buffalo went through the last 20 years. Always trying to talk ourselves into believing we could be better than we ended up being.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

They are giving Tua 2 years prove it otherwise they have the 1st round picks draft his replacement. A great move.. and if he is good they have draft capital fix other areas of need.

Good point about how they've hedged the Tua bet.  

Just now, Jauronimo said:

The only question mark is QB is how you can miss the playoffs for 20 straight years.  I cut you some slack because you're new to this but you'll learn.

That can be the truth!!! I just trust BB to find the right guy.   Now if we had lost both him and Brady the same year I’d be more worried.   

25 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

10-6?? LOL, i love how Pats fans still think they matter. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1