Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

2 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

Downside is financially you can’t keep 6-1st round picks on your roster especially if they live up to/exceed expectations when their contracts expire.

A First World problem if I've ever seen one...

48 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nope been a fan since Tony Eason.. and the “squish the Fish” tshirt days of 1986. 

jet fans are delusional.. you forget Jets suck. 

47 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Enjoy Cam next season.

Having a Pats fan and a Jets fan on here arguing with each other over who's team is worse is great, I'm free to agree with both.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Depends if Tua can be any good.  

That timid guy we saw last year gives them no chance.. I don’t care how many 1sts they have. 

Im pro any move by Miami that increases the odds of Tua playing QB.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

We have beaten New England in convincing fashion exactly ONCE since 2001.  One lopsided win in 20 f@#$ing years and you're sick of it?!?!?  They were 7-9 last year and almost beat us if not for an extremely luck turnover. And you weep for them?!?!

This has got to be Stockholm syndrome.  You have learned to love the Pats after 20 years of them dominating us.  One downvote simply isn't enough.

LOL

I'm just kidding around. If NE lost every game they played 51-0 I would still watch every snap to enjoy it!

I do want to see how hyped and melodramatic the Brady return to NE this season will be, though. Jimmy G being the QB there just adds to it. 

18 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree that they will probably be able to get their guy at 6, but they did not pick up a single extra pick this year in exchange for making a very significant move back in a loaded draft year.  The only first round pick they got is two years down the road and is from a team that probably will finish pretty high in the standings.  And I hate the Texans for single-handedly making Miami a pesky contender. 

The Phins will get the player (probably receiver) that they have targeted with this slight trade down. In addition, they currently already have more than a full complement of picks before even making this deal. Even if the acquired first round pick is for two years in the future that is a bonus because the pick that they made in the trade down will probably be the same player that they would have taken with the pick they originally had. They are putting themselves in a good situation now and in the near future. That's smart maneuvering. 

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

With Tua at QB??

image.png.62a5bcc380777beb97c9a2c0f479edbf.png

They're going to end up with a roster that's going to approach 65% being top 3 round talent.

Uncle Rico could take that kind of roster to the playoffs, while Trent Dilfer would win a Super Bowl with it.

Tua, if hes even just Jared Goff, will be enough to build a true power.

Just now, appoo said:

They're going to end up with a roster that's going to approach 65% being top 3 round talent.

Uncle Rico could take that kind of roster to the playoffs, while Trent Dilfer would win a Super Bowl with it.

Tua, if hes even just Jared Goff, will be enough to build a true power.

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the Bills win the division? Thats if they hit on the picks, and their picks havent hit over the years.

2 hours ago, berg1029 said:

Buys them ammunitition to move up later on if Tua fails

This is actually a brilliant move by the Fins...very impressed...they are set up nicely for years to come...

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really think Shanahan is after Wilson and hopes he makes it to #3. Just my two. But I also believe he has two guys he likes almost equally given the ransom they paid to move up. Whether that is Lance or Fields, who knows? 

they added a third, and a first in 2023 (who even knows what theyll look like then) and lost all leverage since there are only 4 QBs anyone cares about. This does very little to make them any more competitive in the next two years, the most important for Tua, then before they made the trade. I dont really see why they did this so early. Wilson's pro day was TODAY. Let the hype build a little bit. Weird move for sure.

Add in the trading of Shaq and releasing of Van Noy, the GM is making some odd moves.

Edited by jletha

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

A First World problem if I've ever seen one...

It’s actually pretty big problem when you really think about it. Every year for 3 straight years your picking up 2 5th year options while making 2 players the highest paid at their position. Financially you can’t keep that many guys especially if Tua lives up to expectations.

I’d imagine some of those 1st round picks will be used to either trade up for 1 guy or trade down for cheaper rookies on cheaper contracts.

14 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

Correct me if im wrong, but didnt the Bills win the division? Thats if they hit on the picks, and their picks havent hit over the years.

Right, but that;s why I said 2-3 years.

As for their recent picks:

2020:

1st - Tua - looks he can be the guy, potentially

1st - Austin Jackson LT. Hit in his rookie year

1st - Noah Igbinoghene CB. Stuggled some in his rookie year but shows potential

2nd - Robert Hunt RT. Solid if not spectacular, will get better

2nd - Raekwon Davis. DT. Solid, shows good potential

3rd - Brandon Jones. SF. Struggled, may not have it

4th - Solomon Kindley G. Was one of the steals of the draft

2019:

1st - Christian Wilikens . DT. Stud

3rd - Deiter. G. Not a starter, but still is a valuable depth piece for them

2018:

2nd - Mike Gesicki, TE: Stud

3rd: Jerome Baker, LB: stud

To be clear, as a Bills fan - this isn't something I worry about. I have full faith that Beane will continue to put out a powerful team around Josh Allen, but it's kinda fun to see some quality competition going forward, that's not the Pats

Edited by appoo
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

It’s actually pretty big problem when you really think about it. Every year for 3 straight years your picking up 2 5th year options while making 2 players the highest paid at their position. Financially you can’t keep that many guys especially if Tua lives up to expectations.

I’d imagine some of those 1st round picks will be used to either trade up for 1 guy or trade down for cheaper rookies on cheaper contracts.

But it’s only a “problem” if the guys you picked played really well, otherwise you just decline the option.  That’s why it’s a first world problem.

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I guess they believe in Tua enough to give him a couple seasons to prove he's "the guy". If he's not, they have extra 1sts the next few drafts as well.

Good to see the Dolphins will be searching for a new HC sooner than later.

7 minutes ago, appoo said:

Right, but that;s why I said 2-3 years.

As for their recent picks:

2020:

1st - Tua - looks he can be the guy, potentially

1st - Austin Jackson LT. Hit in his rookie year

1st - Noah Igbinoghene CB. Stuggled some in his rookie year but shows potential

2nd - Robert Hunt RT. Solid if not spectacular, will get better

2nd - Raekwon Davis. DT. Solid, shows good potential

3rd - Brandon Jones. SF. Struggled, may not have it

4th - Solomon Kindley G. Was one of the steals of the draft

2019:

1st - Christian Wilikens . DT. Stud

3rd - Deiter. G. Not a starter, but still is a valuable depth piece for them

2018:

2nd - Mike Gesicki, TE: Stud

3rd: Jerome Baker, LB: stud

To be clear, as a Bills fan - this isn't something I worry about. I have full faith that Beane will continue to put out a powerful team around Josh Allen, but it's kinda fun to see some quality competition going forward, that's not the Pats

Are you serious?  Nothing Tua did last year would make anyone think that.  And Wilkins "a stud"?  Are you a Dolphins fan, cause I don't know many non-dolphins fans who would say either of those things. 

• Like (+1) 1