Dolphins trade 3rd pick to the 49ers for 12th pick, 3rd round pick, two future 1sts (per Schefter)

Logic

3 minutes ago, Success said:

The first part of that response reminds me of how Bills fans talked for half of the drought years, especially when we spent more than usual on FA's.

Their O-line stood pat - they also lost Thuney and Cannon. We'll see if Brown can stay in shape.  It's still their best unit though, as it was last year.

The LB they got is okay, and Hightower is on the wrong side of 30, after missing a whole season.  

The WR corps is improved, but still just middlin' at best.  Again - they remind me of the drought-era Bills.  A bunch of #2 and #3 guys (being generous there).

And, like the drought-era Bills, the biggest question mark is QB.  Color me not scared at all if they trade up for one of the QB's in the draft.   They won't compete right away with any of them, and BB will probably retire by the time one develops into a decent starting QB - if they ever do.

It's like watching a mirror of what Buffalo went through the last 20 years. Always trying to talk ourselves into believing we could be better than we ended up being.

So true.  Every offseason we went through the 5 stages of not having a QB.  

Denial - Tyrod is basically still a rookie! He can improve!

Anger- F@#$% why can't we get a franchise QB?

Bargaining - "Well we really upgraded the OL and weapons around Tyrod. If the D stays the same top 4 unit we are SOLIDLY in the hunt for a wild card berth" 

Depression - 7 and 9 here we come again.

Acceptance - Hey guys check out my mock draft!

PatsFanNH is currently at Bargaining.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

The first part of that response reminds me of how Bills fans talked for half of the drought years, especially when we spent more than usual on FA's.

Their O-line stood pat - they also lost Thuney and Cannon. We'll see if Brown can stay in shape.  It's still their best unit though, as it was last year.

The LB they got is okay, and Hightower is on the wrong side of 30, after missing a whole season.  

The WR corps is improved, but still just middlin' at best.  Again - they remind me of the drought-era Bills.  A bunch of #2 and #3 guys (being generous there).

And, like the drought-era Bills, the biggest question mark is QB.  Color me not scared at all if they trade up for one of the QB's in the draft.   They won't compete right away with any of them, and BB will probably retire by the time one develops into a decent starting QB - if they ever do.

It's like watching a mirror of what Buffalo went through the last 20 years. Always trying to talk ourselves into believing we could be better than we ended up being.

Umm ya the O line is stacked! What we have for 2nd string be first string for a lot of teams. We traded Cannon because he wasn’t needed anymore and also injury prone.

LB they have Van Noy, Hightower, Judon. can Noy had the 3rd most pressures for a non D lineman in the NFL last year. Add in Winovich and Uche and that’s a strength on D.

secondary stayed the same with one addition. But was also one of the best in the league last year.

Dlins — ugh couldn’t stop ME from running the ball last year.. the Pats added Godchaux, Anderson for that reason.

Oline they added Karras and Brown. Brown is a beast when motivated, and Karras can play Guard or center.  Pats also had a rookie come in and dominated on O line making Thuney expendable.. o line is set..

WR — they were an upgrade.. but I agree they are average.. but Edelman coming back and Meyers getting better should be a decent group that’s just missing a top threat. They get Jimmy G that will hopefully be found at 15. 

QB — can I hide lol.. Both are meh to OMG Bad. I am expecting hear a trade for Jimmy G any day now otherwise they trade up get Jonesboro Fields whichever one they can get.

57 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Jimmy G to NE MUST HAPPEN!

For one, I want to see NE games be more than just us beating them down for a change. It's a little bit sad to see what they've become. 

Two, it adds even more to the Brady/Belichick Bowl this season!

4X IN 10 YEARS IS ENOUGH? LOL, I GET THE SENTIMENT BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM SWIRL THE DRAIN FOR A WHILE, AND RENEW OUR RIVALRY WITH MIA

• Like (+1) 1

I think these moves showed that Miami was looking at WR or TE all along.  They didn't want to do it at 3, but they were able to find a couple dance partners to move back a few spots, still get the guy they wanted all along anyway and add a couple of picks.  If they were always 100% in on Tua, this was a great move for them as they will still get the guy they wanted all along.

The thing is, and while it is still early and I could turn out to be wrong, I don't think Tua is going to be good.  I didn't like him in college all that much and he has a long ways to go to be a good one in the pros.  And while you could say the same thing about Allen going into last year, unlike Allen, Tua doesn't have the physical gifts and arm talent Josh has to work with. 

So yeah.....good for Miami in the short term, but if Tua busts, all this maneuvering won't mean much of anything over the next couple years.

7 minutes ago, Bleedingreennc said:

10-6?? LOL, i love how Pats fans still think they matter. 

Wel at least unlike Jet fans our team actually mattered at some point. 

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

I think these moves showed that Miami was looking at WR or TE all along.  They didn't want to do it at 3, but they were able to find a couple dance partners to move back a few spots, still get the guy they wanted all along anyway and add a couple of picks.  If they were always 100% in on Tua, this was a great move for them as they will still get the guy they wanted all along.

The thing is, and while it is still early and I could turn out to be wrong, I don't think Tua is going to be good.  I didn't like him in college all that much and he has a long ways to go to be a good one in the pros.  And while you could say the same thing about Allen going into last year, unlike Allen, Tua doesn't have the physical gifts and arm talent Josh has to work with. 

So yeah.....good for Miami in the short term, but if Tua busts, all this maneuvering won't mean much of anything over the next couple years.

Except they hedged their bet on Tua. They have I think 3 first round picks next year. Easy to get a new QB.

• Dislike 1

Just now, PatsFanNH said:

Wel at least unlike Jet fans our team actually mattered at some point. 

You have been a fan since way back in 2001 right? Dont act too godly, Brady just proved what everyone knew, it was him, not BB. Anyway, keep up those dreams of 12-4 or 10-6, and i thought Jets fans were delusional....

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This underestimating of Tua is stupid.  Dude blew out his hip less than a year ago. Miami was stupid for playing him. I bet he looks much different this year. 

He still doesn't have any elite physical traits that is going to Wow you. He might be a middle of the road starter in the NFL as his ceiling. Right now he is replacement level. I'm not getting excited by that ceiling.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bleedingreennc said:

You have been a fan since way back in 2001 right? Dont act too godly, Brady just proved what everyone knew, it was him, not BB. Anyway, keep up those dreams of 12-4 or 10-6, and i thought Jets fans were delusional....

Nope been a fan since Tony Eason.. and the “squish the Fish” tshirt days of 1986. 

jet fans are delusional.. you forget Jets suck. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Except they hedged their bet on Tua. They have I think 3 first round picks next year. Easy to get a new QB.

That's their hope, but you still have to have a dance partner and a QB you really want.  They finish with 7 or 8 wins over the next year or 2, when they want to get up into the top 2 or 3, it won't be that easy, especially if the teams at the top are looking for QBs of their own.  But hey, we'll see how it works out for them.  Hopefully we'll find out in a couple years if the picks they have are enough to get them into the top 3 again.

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

That's their hope, but you still have to have a dance partner and a QB you really want.  They finish with 7 or 8 wins over the next year or 2, when they want to get up into the top 2 or 3, it won't be that easy, especially if the teams at the top are looking for QBs of their own.  But hey, we'll see how it works out for them.  Hopefully we'll find out in a couple years if the picks they have are enough to get them into the top 3 again.

They don’t want Tua be bad but they have enough Capitol move up for one.. I guarantee you there is a couple they are intrigued by already for next year.

20 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

4X IN 10 YEARS IS ENOUGH? LOL, I GET THE SENTIMENT BUT WOULD LIKE TO SEE THEM SWIRL THE DRAIN FOR A WHILE, AND RENEW OUR RIVALRY WITH MIA

The record is 35-7 since 1999.  But he had enough of these lopsided Bills victories.  All two three of them in that occurred in meaningful games over the last 21 years.  

Edit: I forgot about the 16-0 deflate gate game where we shut out the Pats who were led by a 3rd string QB who broke his thumb and was subsequently IR'd for the season.  3 lopsided victories in 21 years definitely satisfies my appetite for revenge.

2nd EDIT: I mean these 3 lopsided victories really make up for the 15 losses by 14 points or more over the past 21 years.  It definitely erases the 10 losses of 21 points or more over that time frame and the 5 losses by 30 points or more.  One swift ass kicking and all is forgotten.

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Bleedingreennc said:

That ends up being a bad return, hell, the Jets gave up 3 2nd round picks to move up 3 spots. 

Exactly.  And the QBs available this year are certainly comparable to what was available in 2018, so they have no excuse. 

• Like (+1) 1