Bills sign Mitch Trubisky, QB.

Logic

15 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Signing Mitchell Trubitzky after using a high draft pick on Jake Fromm is a clear sign that every one on the team has to earn their starting role every year, week, and day.  This has serious shades of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie.  I think the locker room is strong at this point but I really hope this isn't the start of another QB controversy.

Lets not forget, Trubixy was the SECOND OVERALL PICK in the draft not long ago.  The guy was considered a serious talent.  The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.  One or two bad games from Allen, or god forbid an injury, and I think its very realistic we could have a debate about the starting QB and a locker room divided.

I hope I'm wrong fellas....

I don’t think so.  He is considered to not be as good as many thought he would be.

A review of him in the Bills Digest free agency issue says he played well vs bad teams and struggled vs good teams.  While one can say that’s the case for most players, he obviously didn’t do well enough to be benched for Foles.

Another comment was that Trubisky doesn’t read defenses well.  Maybe Daboll and Dorsey can help him.

I don’t know though what signing with Buffalo gains him though if Allen plays all 17 games.

15 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Signing Mitchell Trubitzky after using a high draft pick on Jake Fromm is a clear sign that every one on the team has to earn their starting role every year, week, and day.  This has serious shades of Rob Johnson and Doug Flutie.  I think the locker room is strong at this point but I really hope this isn't the start of another QB controversy.

Lets not forget, Trubixy was the SECOND OVERALL PICK in the draft not long ago.  The guy was considered a serious talent.  The NFL is a what have you done for me lately league.  One or two bad games from Allen, or god forbid an injury, and I think its very realistic we could have a debate about the starting QB and a locker room divided.

I hope I'm wrong fellas....

I hope this is a joke...

10 minutes ago, ColeB said:

I don’t think so.  He is considered to not be as good as many thought he would be.

A review of him in the Bills Digest free agency issue says he played well vs bad teams and struggled vs good teams.  While one can say that’s the case for most players, he obviously didn’t do well enough to be benched for Foles.

Another comment was that Trubisky doesn’t read defenses well.  Maybe Daboll and Dorsey can help him.

I don’t know though what signing with Buffalo gains him though if Allen plays all 17 games.

They(Bears) were 2 or 3 games above .500 when he was benched for Foles.

What a huge error in judgement for Nagy as Foles went 1-4 or something similar to put them almost out of playoff contention before he got benched.

This guy needs his confidence rebuilt and that should happen here.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brissett knows he’s going to have to play every game in the 4th qtr. 

I hope Trubillsky gets to play 4th quarters too ;)

That means the Bills are up huge in the 3rd ;) 

Edited by JMF2006
changed could to should

2 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Doesn't mean it won't help him.

The guy was a top pick and was 12-4 as a rookie.  He was replaced by Foles.  Now he will carry a clip board for Josh.  I really don't see that as a way to boost his confidence if he never takes a meaningful snap.  He may like Buffalo better as a tam.  But...

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

The guy was a top pick and was 12-4 as a rookie.  He was replaced by Foles.  Now he will carry a clip board for Josh.  I really don't see that as a way to boost his confidence if he never takes a meaningful snap.  He may like Buffalo better as a tam.  But...

I get it, I mean it's still possible though. Just saying he could learn a little more in this system and with practice reps and watching Allen., that he could improve. It's certainly not impossile.

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

I get it, I mean it's still possible though. Just saying he could learn a little more in this system and with practice reps and watching Allen., that he could improve. It's certainly not impossile.

Sure he might get better.  but if he stays a backup, it's a personal disappointment, not a confidence builder.

For 2.5 million this was a great move be Beane. Insurance in case Josh gets hurt. This really is a Kelly-Reich type of situation. Trubisky is more than capable of filling in if Josh misses time which hopefully never happens.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Sure he might get better.  but if he stays a backup, it's a personal disappointment, not a confidence builder.

Yeah definitely. I agree considering where he was drafted. I definitely don't think him being in Buffalo at this point in his career is going to make him worse. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I cant root for a guy who's name sounds like an hor deourve, for christ's sakes....mitch trebisky anyone?....oh, you just have to try the trebisky.

Yeah, but are entres any better?  Like the freshly netted and grilled norwood? 😉

This was a Free Agent strategy very few, if any, saw coming but leave it to Beane to make an under-the-radar FA acquisition that is truly critical for the team's success. Mitch as Josh's back-up is such a key move by this Front Office. It signals that the team as a whole has taken tremendous strides toward expected excellence. Again, well done to Beane and his staff. 

• Agree 1