Golladay approached Cin for a 1 yr deal

• Reed83HOF changed the title to Golladay approached Cin for a 1 yr deal

I really don't understand why we rushed to sign Sanders. I don't hate the signing. But its looking like some of these premium receivers are going to get stuck signing one year deals. 

If we could have had Golladay or Fuller or Samuel on a one year deal for a reasonable price, the Sanders signing is going to be very disappointing.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I really don't understand why we rushed to sign Sanders. I don't hate the signing. But its looking like some of these premium receivers are going to get stuck signing one year deals. 

If we could have had Golladay or Fuller or Samuel on a one year deal for a reasonable price, the Sanders signing is going to be very disappointing.

Do you think someone like golladay, fuller, or Samuel would want to come to Buffalo where they would be the 2nd or 3rd option though? (Diggs and Beas)

I think part of them wanting to take a 1 year prove it contract is them knowing they will be the clear 1 on the team with a lot of balls coming their way. Especially someone like golladay

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

Just now, Process said:

Because we need a role player which Sanders can do. Most of the guy's left wanting 1 year deals hoping to explode for a big year and cash in next year. Truth is Sanders or whomever we brought isn't going to beat out Diggs as our #1 a d might not beat out Beasley as our #2.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Sanders was the leading receiver for the Saints and he fits here Golladay doesn’t 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, BillsFan130 said:

Do you think someone like golladay, fuller, or Samuel would want to come to Buffalo where they would be the 2nd or 3rd option though? (Diggs and Beas)

I think part of them wanting to take a 1 year prove it contract is them knowing they will be the clear 1 on the team with a lot of balls coming their way. Especially someone like golladay

I think the bills are preparing to set records for least rushing attempts in a season. Golladay/Fuller could come here and get 1000-1200 yards easy if they stayed healthy. 

The Bengals have Boyd and Higgins, and a running game, you really think he'd do better there?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Process said:

Samuel just got 11.5 a year. I don’t think the market will be all that compressed. Sounds like there are real concerns with Golladay’s health. 

12 minutes ago, Process said:

“Get used to disappointment”  “Princess Bride”, couldn’t resist...

6 minutes ago, Process said:

I think the bills are preparing to set records for least rushing attempts in a season. Golladay/Fuller could come here and get 1000-1200 yards easy if they stayed healthy. 

The Bengals have Boyd and Higgins, and a running game, you really think he'd do better there?

I think the part you’re missing though is he wants to prove he can be a dominant number 1 so he can cash in.

And he will never have that opportunity in Buffalo regardless if his stats are similar if he went to cinci.

11 minutes ago, Process said:

Nah.  Too many mouths to feed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Samuel just got 11.5 a year. I don’t think the market will be all that compressed. Sounds like there are real concerns with Golladay’s health. 

Yea this.

Something is wrong.  He is an elite WR

22 minutes ago, Process said:

I love Golladay. I do understand why Beane signed Sanders though. After the AFCCG I feel Iike the coaching staff realized the playoffs have different rules and they need WRs who can get off the LOS even with contact. 

30 minutes ago, Process said:

What are you looking at as a reasonable deal?

Samuel 3 years $34.5M so that's a "no" to "one year deal for a reasonable price"

I don't think Fuller or Golladay are a fit for the specific skillset the Bills were looking for (especially Fuller) but I could be wrong.

I also think with Fuller there 's the concern about staying healthy