Watson bombshell?

8 hours ago, whatdrought said:

Oof.... my first instinct is to call bs. Watson has been nothing but a standup guy going back to Clemson - from everything I’ve ever seen.

My second instinct is to say: who the hell would be surprised if the Texans (specifically Easterbe) was doing something to try and sully Watson’s name? With what we’ve heard that seems perfectly on brand. 

My third instinct is to say - dang. This’ll be interesting. 

really my third is my first. 

I'm guessing you know nothing about him, so take #1 off your list.  Your #2 seems beyond far fetched.  The team conjuring up a sexual assault allegation with a lawyer and lawsuit (and a victim)?  Yeah that happens all the time...

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I wouldn’t presume to think wise decision making is coming from that organization now. It doesn’t make any sense, unless they’re pissed, and trying to get revenge, or they’re trying to dry up the market so they can’t be forced to trade him. Probably unlikely, but this is the team that’s recently been accused of having their players followed, so who the heck knows. 

I see comprehension is still difficult for you. I’m not surprised. If you find the timing of this suit being filed as completely coincidental, I have a bridge for sale in your neck of the words you might be interested in. 

No need for personal insults, is there?  Are you trying to prove that you are a tough guy?

Edited by Bill from NYC

The nature of the papers will tell us a little about this case.  I'm curious if they're (the Texas equivalent) of verified, which essentially means that the attorney is swearing to the veracity of the contents.  Also, FWIW, around here nobody who is credible would bring a case like this without subjecting their client to a polygraph.  Not sure if it's the same practice down there. 

2 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

The nature of the papers will tell us a little about this case.  I'm curious if they're (the Texas equivalent) of verified, which essentially means that the attorney is swearing to the veracity of the contents.  Also, FWIW, around here nobody who is credible would bring a case like this without subjecting their client to a polygraph.  Not sure if it's the same practice down there. 

True.  Lawyers in most states won't take on a client who is lying about his innocence.......

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'm guessing you know nothing about him, so take #1 off your list.  Your #2 seems beyond far fetched.  The team conjuring up a sexual assault allegation with a lawyer and lawsuit (and a victim)?  Yeah that happens all the time...

WEO...I think if you are naive enough to think that a professional sports team has never employed fixers to establish relationships with shady lawyers to concoct stories about high profile football players in a very public contract dispute suggesting sexual misconduct with a comely masseuse in an effort to destroy the player, his reputation, trade value and availability at game time, well I’m guessing you’ve never seen a Matt Damon movie. 

Know this:  Life imitates art.  Not always, but sometimes.  

Consider.  

Oh, and masseuse...it’s hard to spell. 

1 minute ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

WEO...I think if you are naive enough to think that a professional sports team has never employed fixers to establish relationships with shady lawyers to concoct stories about high profile football players in a very public contract dispute suggesting sexual misconduct with a comely masseuse in an effort to destroy the player, his reputation, trade value and availability at game time, well I’m guessing you’ve never seen a Matt Damon movie. 

Know this:  Life imitates art.  Not always, but sometimes.  

Consider.  

Oh, and masseuse...it’s hard to spell. 

Did you just allege my naiveté based on your experience and conclusions from having watched Matt Damon movies?

I love this place! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Frat-Train said:

Matt Damon is a NATIONAL TREASURE!!!!

GMs and team Presidents, not to mention every owner study his films at every annual owners meeting (while we all think they are debating new overtime rules)

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

GMs and team Presidents, not to mention every owner study his films at every annual owners meeting (while we all think they are debating new overtime rules)

He’s the rainmaker!  And theater Loki!  They could do a lot worse.  Like Affleck.  Gross.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Bad news everybody.  Multiple WEO posts in short spans like this usually involve the Patriots.  I think we had better brace ourselves for the trade.

14 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Did you just allege my naiveté based on your experience and conclusions from having watched Matt Damon movies?

I love this place! 

I was going to with Ray Donovan but not everyone has Showtime.  Everyone has seen a Matt Damon movie, or at least his appearance on Will and Grace. 

Disclaimer: I have have not seen the movie where he bought a zoo.  That seemed far-fetched to me. 

10 minutes ago, Frat-Train said:

Matt Damon is a NATIONAL TREASURE!!!!

That’s all I was saying.  I just used more words.  

Edited by leh-nerd skin-erd
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Even considering the early hour, this is a particularly stupid comment. 

Oh I can bring it 24 hours a day, so don't be so easily impressed.

But anyway, sure, if she "passes" a polygraph, she's got to be telling the truth.  So only then would any lawyer take such a case.

11 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I was going to with Ray Donovan but not everyone has Showtime.  Everyone has seen a Matt Damon movie, or at least his appearance on Will and Grace. 

Disclaimer: I have have not seen the movie where he bought a zoo.  That seemed far-fetched to me. 

That’s all I was saying.  I just used more words.  

I bought one after seeing that screen gem, so....nope.

Edited by Mr. WEO

54 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Is “from what I’ve seen” a hard grouping of words to understand?... I thought I was being clear, but I guess not “Mr. WEO” clear. Forgive me. 

This team we’re talking about is the one that’s been accused of having their players followed and has made some of the stupidest decisions ever in the past several years. Is anything truly off the table?

50 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

No need for personal insults, is there?  Are you trying to prove that you are a tough guy?

Lol. 

Step 1: start by responding to a perfectly reasonable comment with moral outrage. 

Step 2: get flamed for being stupid.

Step 3: “woah buddy! Relax!”

Edited by whatdrought

9 hours ago, CNYfan said:

Texans are wishing they had taken those calls.

True, true... But, think about it: Were Watson to be charged with something heinous, in Houston, he'd be done. Outta the league. Gonzo. Yesterday's washed-up, dog-pissed-on news.

However, if whatever did or did not happen, happened AFTER the Pat******s pick him up, why it would all be so conveniently and convivially swept under the rug. After all, he would be a true Patriot (for a matter of weeks)... An acolyte of The Patriot Way... An American, and a great one at that. He would have been purged of sins and immersion-baptized in the milk from the very teat of Robber Graft, Himself!

:sick:

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is “from what I’ve seen” a hard grouping of words to understand?... I thought I was being clear, but I guess not “Mr. WEO” clear. Forgive me. 

This team we’re talking about is the one that’s been accused of having their players followed and has made some of the stupidest decisions ever in the past several years. Is anything truly off the table?

Lol. 

Step 1: start by responding to a perfectly reasonable comment with moral outrage. 

Step 2: get flamed for being stupid.

Step 3: “woah buddy! Relax!”

Once again, no need for personal insults. Would you slow down if I acknowledged the fact that you really are a tough guy? I will do it if this is what you want. 

I guess it should happen at least once in all of our lifetimes. 

So, here it goes: You are a TOUGH GUY!!!  😁😃😄

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Vomit 1