Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

24 minutes ago, TheBillsOrDie said:

Why did we not just keep smoke

Sanders is better, technically.   Smoke healthy is physically better in some ways, but Sanders is the better route runner and has better hands.  

1 hour ago, Mat68 said:

Imo an upgrade over Brown and a complete fit in the offense.

I could debate being an upgrade over Brown, but Sanders is great as a #3 or #4 in this offense. Sanders is a pro's pro. He knows routes, is a cheap option, and he fits well in that 8-14 yard catch range that is Allen's bread and butter.

Yes...a burner will be good to sign but given the cap space and that a rookie receiver is likely to be no higher than the #3 option with Diggs, Beasley, and Davis, we can be patient with WR's.

It is DE/RB/CB where high draft capital goes.

1 hour ago, purple haze said:

True. But  I don’t know if he’s still kicking up heels at that mph.  I’m not saying he’s slow.  He can run.  I’m just looking for the Bills to add Cheetah Hill type speed.  

Yep.   But let me state for the record.  I like the signing.  Sanders is a damn good football player and he will be good for Allen and Co.

He almost signed last year.  He said he asked for 24 hours to consider and they made the trade for Diggs within that time period.

It seems like he could play the slot, also, if needed. I like many things about him including his versatility. This sounds like a definite upgrade to me without, I believe, affecting the cap with Brown’s release.