Bills sign Emmanuel Sanders

27 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Oh, I am aware.  I know Curtis Samuel is close enough to it. 

Several draftees are too.

Samuel’s speed is great, and I’d love to have him. He’ll probably get 2x the amount of Sanders.

Draft is still an option for speed later (Tutu Atwell in the 3rd? Ihmir Smith-Marsett in the 5th?) but that’s potential speed and potential production. Sanders is a sure thing. 

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

Sounds like you just described both Beasley and Diggs.

This group is gonna kill it!

As I think about it, Allen now has three receivers, each of whom Allen can depend on to be where he's supposed to be when he's supposed to be there, and three guys who are good at fighting for the ball.  With Allen's escapability, I think the Bills have a better threesome than they had last season.  Plus Davis with a season under his belt.  Very nice. 

Only have them for a year, two years tops, but enjoy it while it lasts.  

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Samuel’s speed is great, and I’d love to have him. He’ll probably get 2x the amount of Sanders.

Draft is still an option for speed later (Tutu Atwell in the 3rd? Ihmir Smith-Marsett in the 5th?) but that’s potential speed and potential production. Sanders is a sure thing. 

I'm not mad they signed Sanders.  He's a damn good football player.  I'll take those any day.  And he's not slow.  But for what McD said at the end of the year I was expecting some Sudden Scoring Syndrome speed.  Although, in the draft, at 30, if Etienne is there...

43 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

Good points.  Brown was 8 mil.  Brown was listed as 48 th best FA available while sanders was listed as 86 th best available.  Analyst said might be a red flag or concerning that Saints were willing to let him go after just signing him. Plus side, he does have playoff and super bowl experience.   Something to be said for making him the 3 rd wr option, but most don’t see him as a legit two now. I am not making a case for brown or sanders as I actually hoped we went after Samuels, Ertz, or someone more of a threat, so don’t come after me. Just pointing out perceived values by others. It does raise question why they couldn’t have asked Brown to get down to 6 mil but chose to not negotiate at all. Really means they were quite disappointed with his playoff performance x2 or injury is a big issue. 

Maybe we use extra pick fro lee to Atlanta to help acquire Ertz!

Your point remains but I believe Brown was set to make 9.6ish. We saved about 8 million and now have a 1.6 million dead cap. So we affectively saved two million by swapping them. However, Brown would have made over 9 had he stayed. 

what was the pick for Lee Smith? Amazing we got anything. 

3 hours ago, Process said:

Mehhh. He's 33 yo. I think we should have waited to see what happens with all these good wideouts that have yet to sign. 

A guy like Fuller may not end up getting any good long term offers and may have been willing to sign a one year deal.

Why rush to sign a guy like Sanders with so many options still out there??

With that said, we needed a WR, and he's not a terrible option. I always thought he was a stud and underrated. But at 33 those days are behind him. 

Because Sanders is a better route runner that can get open, more so than Fuller.

Some terrible takes in this thread but not surprised.  Can play inside or outside, great route runner, physical, can get off the line and contest catches.  Has a great baller mentality and won't shy away from anybody, great fit to this group. A pros pro who adds value to this offense.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

And Fuller and Samuel have proven what so far?

Well statistically they have both out performed Sanders in virtually every way since they entered the league vs what he has done in the same time frame..

Just now, IronMaidenBills said:

Yep. Sanders is a better WR than Agholor. I will take Sanders for that price any day of the week. 

Dawson Knox has better hands than Agholor.

3 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

Well statistically they have both out performed Sanders in virtually every way since they entered the league vs what he has done in the same time frame..

Uhhh this isn’t actually true... 

• Agree 2