Matt Judon to Pats

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is what teams do who don’t have a QB. 

Curtis Samuel is next (don’t do it curt)

It reminds me a lot of our drought-era FA periods.

And we'd get as excited as Pats fans are on their boards today.  But, without a better QB, none of it matters much.

Just now, inaugural balls said:

I live in Patriot territory and had a conversation with a buddy of mine this AM.

He's beside himself that they brought Cam back. I told him now you know what it feels like.

I also told him my fear is they land TL. I can see BB keeping them treading water until he's ready. Looks like Lance has tremendous upside and high ceiling.  

Yes, I agree. Lance does have great upside, I like him a lot. I do think he needs some salt and pepper and lots of seasoning though. New England may have to trade up to get him however and Lance once again will take 2-3 years before he reaches close to his potential. How does this relate to the Bills and Josh? Allen is going into his 4th year and by the time this Lance guy becomes decent Allen will be a 7 year pro. Keep in mind that Allen has one of the highest upsides of any QB drafted in the last 20 years albeit one of the most raw ones to boot. At this point for the Bills, it’s all about building Allen’s confidence and that will only come with time. The more Allen gets put in these big game situations, the more experienced he’ll get and the more his nerves will calm down. Basically what I’m saying is by the time Lance becomes decent Allen will be much much further along.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Back2Buff said:

Never was a fan of him.  Just feel like he is a system player.

Neither was Baltimore.

Teams let very good players go all the time.  

They never let great players go they find ways to keep them.  

I think Baltimore is a well run organization it's a bit telling they didn't keep him.  

And that is after all why big spending in free agency does not always go well.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Watch they bring CB Butler back lol seriously though they have serious cap room left and could add Cam a few more targets they could compete with the Dolphins for 2nd place and as close were to beating us last year could be in the discussion for the top spot in the division again. 

Problem is, you can’t build through free agency. I disagree with that approach strongly. Certainly you can add a few solid pieces every here and there but you must build through the draft. You get these 21-22 year old kids signed to cheap 4-5 year deals and they’re healthy and they’re young and they play well and they’re cheap. Some of these big free agents are 27-28 years old, many have had injuries and many of them you will pay for what they’ve done in the past and not for what they’ll do for your team in the future.

9 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Ok....but don’t say they are LOADED.  They are NOT loaded, yet.  Maybe they will load up, but right now, their DL SUCKS.  It’s real bad. Not sure what will happen with JC Jackson, but if they lose him, it’s a huge hit to their secondary.  They have a long way to go to be “elite” imo. 

BB is the goat, I respect him.  But he needs more talent in order to coach this D into elite status.

Well, they finished allowing the 7th fewest yards and 15th fewest points last season. I mean, some of that was a product of their offense's style of play and the sorts of games they found themselves in, but that's still pretty good for a unit that was missing a couple of key pieces and had no pass rush (24 total sacks). Judon is a huge upgrade in that area, and Winovich is one of those Ninkovich-type players who produces in that system. We'll see what they do with the rest of the line, but getting Hightower back will be a major upgrade too. He had his best season in 2019 and just dominated in the 2018 Super Bowl. That's three legit good players on their front seven, and you know as well as I do that they always get some bargain defensive guys that fit their system. I don't profess to have any deep knowledge about the quality of the others on the line, like Brandon Guy. We all know their secondary is going to be at the very least good. 

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Well, they finished allowing the 7th fewest yards and 15th fewest points last season. I mean, some of that was a product of their offense's style of play and the sorts of games they found themselves in, but that's still pretty good for a unit that was missing a couple of key pieces and had no pass rush (24 total sacks). Judon is a huge upgrade in that area, and Winovich is one of those Ninkovich-type players who produces in that system. We'll see what they do with the rest of the line, but getting Hightower back will be a major upgrade too. He had his best season in 2019 and just dominated in the 2018 Super Bowl. That's three legit good players on their front seven, and you know as well as I do that they always get some bargain defensive guys that fit their system. I don't profess to have any deep knowledge about the quality of the others on the line, like Brandon Guy. We all know their secondary is going to be at the very least good. 

Yup.  But they are not loaded. 

35 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

NE's success was just as much him as Brady. Don't forget his DC stint with the Giants either. 

I completely disagree.  He was a good coordinator under Bill Parcells in NYG.  Otherwise without Brady he had already lost a job in Cleveland, and was on his way out of NE when Bledsoe was almost killed by Mo Lewis.   Brady saved his career. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I completely disagree.  He was a good coordinator under Bill Parcells in NYG.  Otherwise without Brady he had already lost a job in Cleveland, and was on his way out of NE when Bledsoe was almost killed by Mo Lewis.   Brady saved his career. 

The Cleveland story is WAY more complicated than him just failing. They were excellent in 1994, and then 1995 happened. I can't think of a worse coaching situation than Cleveland in 1995. As for the Pats, yes, Brady is great, but a) Belichick drafted him, b) handed the keys to him despite having a franchise QB with one of the biggest contracts in the NFL on the roster, and c) oversaw mostly fantastic and well-schemed defenses for two decades. I doubt there's a coach in the NFL that would say he's not the greatest ever.  

11 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

seems your trying to put words into my mouth that I am not saying

You are proclaiming these are dumb moves, either by saying they payed too much or the player isn't worth it, here again Mar 15th with nobody having played a down yet. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

14 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

The Cleveland story is WAY more complicated than him just failing. They were excellent in 1994, and then 1995 happened. I can't think of a worse coaching situation than Cleveland in 1995. As for the Pats, yes, Brady is great, but a) Belichick drafted him, b) handed the keys to him despite having a franchise QB with one of the biggest contracts in the NFL on the roster, and c) oversaw mostly fantastic and well-schemed defenses for two decades. I doubt there's a coach in the NFL that would say he's not the greatest ever.  

I agree that the 1994 season was fantastic, it was also the anomaly.  He was  36 and 44, with a .450 winning pct, with one playoff appearance  in Cleveland.  Without Brady as a starter in New England the guy is 25-28 with no playoff appearances. 

Brady is not only great, he is literally the greatest champion of all time.   I will give Belichick some credit for handing him the keys, I mean what coach is going back to a Quarterback with a ruptured spleen when your backup is on a 6 game win streak?   However,  he gets very little credit for drafting him when he passed him over six times before drafting him.   He had Brady at roughly the same place on his board as the rest of the NFL did.   He was just lucky enough to have Dick Rehbein on his staff, the guy who convinced Belichick to take the shot on Brady. 

Belichick may go down as the greatest coach of all time, but Brady made that possible.   The numbers dont lie, he is 61-72 with one playoff birth without Brady. 

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I agree that the 1994 season was fantastic, it was also the anomaly.  He was  36 and 44, with a .450 winning pct, with one playoff appearance  in Cleveland.  Without Brady as a starter in New England the guy is 25-28 with no playoff appearances. 

Brady is not only great, he is literally the greatest champion of all time.   I will give Belichick some credit for handing him the keys, I mean what coach is going back to a Quarterback with a ruptured spleen when your backup is on a 6 game win streak?   However,  he gets very little credit for drafting him when he passed him over six times before drafting him.   He had Brady at roughly the same place on his board as the rest of the NFL did.   He was just lucky enough to have Dick Rehbein on his staff, the guy who convinced Belichick to take the shot on Brady. 

Belichick may go down as the greatest coach of all time, but Brady made that possible.   The numbers dont lie, he is 61-72 with one playoff birth without Brady. 

You have to give him credit for the SB defensive schemes he came up with to beat the Bills in 1991, the Rams in 1992, Andy Reid in 2005, and McVay in 2019. Those were all high-flying offenses, and he grounded them on the biggest stage. Indeed, they had basically shut down the Giants offense in 2008, but then Asante Samuel drops a relatively easy INT, David Tyree makes his catch, and then Plaxico beats his man badly (Hobbs) on a blitz.  

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

You are proclaiming these are dumb moves, either by saying they payed too much or the player isn't worth it, here again Mar 15th with nobody having played a down yet. 

No one here feels over paying for a TE is a good move. Cough Clay.

40 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

No one here feels over paying for a TE is a good move. Cough Clay.

so what is your point?

15 mil/14milll is nothing as far as money goes, on top of the fact nobody knows how they plan on using this him, the most important part to this all.  There are going to be at least two to three TEs that will make way more. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

Remember they're getting their best player back, Dont'a Hightower, a good vet in Patrick Chung, and one of their best linemen in Marcus Cannon. They're all good players. Gilmore and Edelman will be healthy too. They are loading up, and won't be an easy out. 

For several years, the difference between their team and us had been the QB and it will continue to be that way