Dan Morgan at Texas Pro Day 3/11

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

I mentioned this tweet to some friends yesterday saying that Ossai would seemingly be someone that we should be very interested in. Sounds like we might actually be.

I really like Ossai and I think there is a chance he lasts to the Bills, but I'd feel a lot happier taking him if I was a 3-4 team. I think he is a better rusher standing up than he is with his hand in the dirt at this point. The talent is there though. If the Bills draft Ossai I think as a rookie he is a situational rusher who plays on 3rd and long rather than an every down starter. I'm not against that but if they take him and in a year's time he isn't a starter and only has say 4 sacks I don't want to hear the "oh he's a bust" rhetoric. This isn't targeted at you @DCOrange but at Bills fans generally.... this kid is talent but bringing him here he would be something of a project too. I had him going to Tampa at #32 in my mock.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I really like Ossai and I think there is a chance he lasts to the Bills, but I'd feel a lot happier taking him if I was a 3-4 team. I think he is a better rusher standing up than he is with his hand in the dirt at this point. The talent is there though. If the Bills draft Ossai I think as a rookie he is a situational rusher who plays on 3rd and long rather than an every down starter. I'm not against that but if they take him and in a year's time he isn't a starter and only has say 4 sacks I don't want to hear the "oh he's a bust" rhetoric. This isn't targeted at you @DCOrange but at Bills fans generally.... this kid is talent but bringing him here he would be something of a project too. I had him going to Tampa at #32 in my mock.  

Sounds right to me. If we're able to address the OLine in free agency and add a bigger edge setter guy (like Autry, Clayborn, etc.), I think a guy like Ossai with his tools and effort level is a pretty ideal target at 30. Could theoretically kick Autry/Clayborn inside on passing downs and insert Ossai opposite Hughes to bring heat off the edge.

I think McDermott and Beane are big believers in Tools + Effort types and being able to coach those kinda guys up so that Ledyard tweet made my ears perk up a bit. Not surprised to hear that he was seemingly the guy Morgan was most interested in.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Is he expected to last to 30?

In most mocks I saw, he lasted til 30.

maybe not now.  Those numbers are great.  

I see him as a 3-4 OLB BUT he’d be Jerry’s replacement in our system.  He’s heavier than I thought he’d be as well.  Starting to have less reservations about him

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DCOrange said:

Not surprised to hear that he was seemingly the guy Morgan was most interested in.

Yea Cosmi is the only other Texas kid that makes any sense. I think he is about the 10th best OT in the class though. Another higher ceiling guy but all arms and legs at this point. 

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

This is how I view him too. Love the athleticism, but he's better standing up than as a true 43 DE. Possible that Leslie varies things up a bit and goes more multiple to accommodate, were we to land him, but there's some square peg/round hole discussion to be had here.

It's a pipe dream, but the guy I want is Phillips.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

In most mocks I saw, he lasted til 30.

maybe not now.  Those numbers are great.  

I see him as a 3-4 OLB BUT he’d be Jerry’s replacement in our system.  He’s heavier than I thought he’d be as well.  Starting to have less reservations about him

I want Boogie at #30.

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't want to hear the "oh he's a bust" rhetoric. This isn't targeted at you @DCOrange but at Bills fans generally.... this kid is talent but bringing him here he would be something of a project too. I had him going to Tampa at #32 in my mock.  

Why are you adverse to your mock being mocked?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/12/2021 at 8:17 PM, CNYfan said:

I think mid-round 1DT - Bobbie Brown - is also someone they may have to consider.  Too bad no fourth, but a 1T.  A true, natural born, 1T is a need, now and for the future.   

A New Edition at DT, if you will 

• Haha (+1) 1