Saints to cut Emmanuel Sanders

wppete

7 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

this guy is one of my least favorite players. I think it has to do with the fact that I think he is an okay #2 receiver (yet thinks he is a hall of famer), and he was so quick to badmouth roethlisberger when he left Pittsburgh for Denver. 

Other players have badmouthed Roethlisberger.  And he has badmouthed others in his way.  Maybe they're right.

Most players think highly of themselves.  That's how they've gotten as far as they have.  He's been a very good

player in the league.

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Other players have badmouthed Roethlisberger.  And he has badmouthed others in his way.  Maybe they're right.

Most players think highly of themselves.  That's how they've gotten as far as they have.  He's been a very good

player in the league.

I think they have badmouthed him for being a mercurial sort of guy, not for being a bad QB. I think he basically said Manning was a real, hard-working QB and Ben R is not. The comparison was just a gratuitous dig.

I remember even AB of all people at the time saying Sanders’s comments were bad form. 

That said, I was just looking this up, and Sanders has since apologized and said he has matured a lot and actually would love to go back to Pittsburgh to play with Ben R.  So it may just be two dumb young guys who regretted what they said and did 10 years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Didn’t Sanders say that he was talking with the Bills and then we stopped calling?  Then he saw we traded for Diggs.

Yes, you're correct. Beane tried to trade for Sanders, not sign him in FA. My mistake.

I've been reading that most free agents want to take one-year deals this season due to the lower cap and then try to hit it big next year. As such, the Bills will hopefully have some ring-hungry veteran WRs to choose from. An Emmanuel Sanders, Will Fuller, or Curtis Samuel on a one-year deal would be awesome.

I think the WR room isn't a priority to Beane this yr given they have Hodgins coming back this yr and he needs to fill the other positions which they lost some good players like their punter and DB is another position so i think he may think about it but has other positions of need that are more pressing right now .

2 hours ago, T master said:

I think the WR room isn't a priority to Beane this yr given they have Hodgins coming back this yr and he needs to fill the other positions which they lost some good players like their punter and DB is another position so i think he may think about it but has other positions of need that are more pressing right now .

Not sure relying on a redshirt 6th Round Pick is a great strategy.. especially when we are counting on a 2nd year WR to potentially take over the #2 outside spot.  

I know there are only so many assets to throw around, but I think we really need to get a legit WR for our 4 wide sets, and then allow Hodgins to be WR5.

There are going to be a handful of vets out there that will come in at a lower price point, Sanders would not be my target.  Whoever comes in is going to have to be comfortable in their skin and KNOW they are a number 2.  Diggs is going to get the most looks, period.  Whoever else comes in is going to have to be ok with that.  This is why I like a Samuel or maybe Stills, honestly, I would have worked to keep Brown at a discount, but whatever.  I do find it odd that Brown said they never even called him.