Jump to content

10 unused tickets to "The Comeback"


 Share

Recommended Posts

That is a one-of-a-kind collection right there I would try to get them mounted in a frame or something. Just dont damage in the process. Thanks for sharing!!!!!! I would never sell those my friend. 

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Most of the sold ones on Ebay went for around $75-$80 bucks, they were used/ripped. But this one was complete and went for $1,000

 

1993 Buffalo Bills Houston Oilers Wild Card Comeback FULL UNUSED Ticket - RARE!! | eBay

 

So yours should be worth somewhere between $100-$1,000. 

Edited by Just Jack
  • Like (+1) 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Reach out to the Football Hall of Fame. They might be interested in a pair. I recall they have Steve Christie’s shoe as part of a display with other relics from that game. IMO - having the chance to contribute something to the HOF for a Bills display is worth more the $200 bucks. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Bills4life1924 said:

Well tell me how to keep the quality of photo while lowering the size of it so I can embed and edit post. Photo size too large for original. Sorry im not tech savvy, but any help for clarity of photo is appreciated!!

Nahhh, this is the internet.  It's always more appropriate for someone to think they look cool by posting a snarky jab at your mistake.  Makes them feel clever, like this post is doing for me.  

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

 

I was at that game too. Good thing my friend’s dad is a die-hard because we asked if we could leave at halftime.

 

He said “let’s get a hot chocolate and see what happens in the third quarter”....and the rest, as they say, is history :)

 

My friend and I were in East Aurora hanging out at his house. Listening to the game on the radio we headed to the stadium because it was a blow out and we literally had no where else to be. We parked for like $5 and wandered around the stadium asking if we could get in. I guy in a wheel chair watching over one of the supply gates let us in for a pack of cigarettes. When we walked in the stadium was half empty and Bubba McDowell was running back a pick 6. I was 17

 

Greatest

 

Football 

 

Day 

 

Of ALL TIME

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, blitzboy54 said:

 

My friend and I were in East Aurora hanging out at his house. Listening to the game on the radio we headed to the stadium because it was a blow out and we literally had no where else to be. We parked for like $5 and wandered around the stadium asking if we could get in. I guy in a wheel chair watching over one of the supply gates let us in for a pack of cigarettes. When we walked in the stadium was half empty and Bubba McDowell was running back a pick 6. I was 17

 

Greatest

 

Football 

 

Day 

 

Of ALL TIME

 

I couldn’t possibly love this story any more. The good ol’ days!!!!

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know nothing about valuing sports memorabilia, but my guess is these tickets are worth more to you as a Bills fan as tickets than they would be converted into money.

 

The price just isn't going to be big enough to sell.

 

Though how much is enough to sell is different for everyone.

 

 

2 hours ago, blitzboy54 said:

 

My friend and I were in East Aurora hanging out at his house. Listening to the game on the radio we headed to the stadium because it was a blow out and we literally had no where else to be. We parked for like $5 and wandered around the stadium asking if we could get in. I guy in a wheel chair watching over one of the supply gates let us in for a pack of cigarettes. When we walked in the stadium was half empty and Bubba McDowell was running back a pick 6. I was 17

 

Greatest

 

Football 

 

Day 

 

Of ALL TIME

Great story!  

 

Great memories! 

 

It's funny, but that game is going to be like Kennedy getting shot or the Challenger blowing up for any Bills (or Oilers!) fan alive at that time and old enough to remember.

 

We all have our different experiences of the game and who among us is going to forget them?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Most of the sold ones on Ebay went for around $75-$80 bucks, they were used/ripped. But this one was complete and went for $1,000

 

1993 Buffalo Bills Houston Oilers Wild Card Comeback FULL UNUSED Ticket - RARE!! | eBay

 

So yours should be worth somewhere between $100-$1,000. 

Do the Ebay seller trick where you sell the tickets for a reasonable amount, then pillage the buyer with inflated shipping costs. 😁

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny thing is I have my program from the game but my ticket was stolen from me by a kid at school the next day.  jokes on him though cause he robbed a liquor store, stole a ladies car who unknowing to him had her baby in the backseat, got chased by the cops until he surrendered, got sentenced to decades in jail but wound up getting aids in prison.  all he had to do was not steal that ticket. 

 

My ex's father went to Notre Dame and is a fanatic fan.  He's been to every game including bowls since like 1980 or something.  He has every single complete ticket and program to every single Notre Dame game and for most he has multiples.  There are half a dozen games he's the only one in the world with as back in the day they would tear the ticket in half so you have to find someone who didn't go to the game to get the ticket.  He's also got a crazy amount of other stuff. 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/16/2021 at 10:04 PM, Just Jack said:

Most of the sold ones on Ebay went for around $75-$80 bucks, they were used/ripped. But this one was complete and went for $1,000

 

1993 Buffalo Bills Houston Oilers Wild Card Comeback FULL UNUSED Ticket - RARE!! | eBay

 

So yours should be worth somewhere between $100-$1,000. 

That's what the guy was asking, nobody bought the ticket. It went unsold. Way, way over priced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Funny thing is I have my program from the game but my ticket was stolen from me by a kid at school the next day.  jokes on him though cause he robbed a liquor store, stole a ladies car who unknowing to him had her baby in the backseat, got chased by the cops until he surrendered, got sentenced to decades in jail but wound up getting aids in prison.  all he had to do was not steal that ticket. 

 


Or perhaps you shouldn’t have taken the ticket to school with you ...

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Nahhh, this is the internet.  It's always more appropriate for someone to think they look cool by posting a snarky jab at your mistake.  Makes them feel clever, like this post is doing for me.  

 

With that name no one is ever going to take you seriously ;) 

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:


Or perhaps you shouldn’t have taken the ticket to school with you ...

 

And ruined that other kids life ;) 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even if these are worth $1000 a piece is the 10K worth it to you (or your dad)?  Not chump change, but man, I’d love to have those framed and hanging in my man cave, and try to get a few of them signed by members of that team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...