The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

6 hours ago, Buftex said:

This country is in trouble...

5 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Decent chance we are watching the end of the American experiment. Though I think most posters on PPP will gladly cheer this. 

One Micheal Moore style movie rehashing what everyone already knew from almost two years ago and you’re ready to move to China and declare this country over? 

What a sniveling cowardly response. 

news flash, democracy wasn’t in danger. There was no coup. A bunch of idiots broke and entered into a federal building, spurred on by an egomaniac unable to grasp his election defeat, on one of they few days they actually do something there. They were then dispersed and it was business as usual. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Secession immediately.  The Ds are gone.  

Jack there is telling you all this was about. 

Pathetic.  They wanted to put the entire GOP (80 million voters) on trial.)   Everyone with a brain (not a Democrat) knows this.  

The Ds are Un American trash.  

This was always going to be a midterm election political add. It might even be helpful if it wasn’t for the fact that this administration have been so incompetent themselves being driven by the progressives driving a slam dunk recovery off of a cliff. 

it’s exactly like when the teabaggers took over republicans many years ago. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

news flash, democracy wasn’t in danger. There was no coup. A bunch of idiots broke and entered into a federal building, spurred on by an egomaniac unable to grasp his election defeat, on one of they few days they actually do something there. They were then dispersed and it was business as usual. 

Ever see this guy’s YouTube videos?  He has some informative ones out there.  Check out his take on why so many wonder whether or not to call the January 6th ‘event’ a coup. (One needn’t watch it all to get his take but the end of the video is worth watching too)

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

Lol so during a proceeding showing some conservatives clearly trying to take power by force your conclusion is that dems are un-American.  Brilliant.   I'll say it again covid broke you.  You make some good points sometimes but then you go off full batshit or conspiracy peddler.

Worst coup ever.  

That's because it wasn't.

I never agreed to my orders to march on and be allowed to enter the Capitol building.

But considering ALL the events of 2020 (I guess Covid is gone - ended by the NFL Playoffs) the people that trespassing that day were 100000% justified in being there to protest a rigged, sham, and coordinated election - by a "Deep State" that most definitely does not exist.    

• Like (+1) 2

And Covid did no such thing to me btw. 

The realization I live among so many cowards and flat out evil people - I want nothing to do with them.  Ever.  I'm disgusted to live among them - the Cold Civil War is very real.   

They're the greatest threat to this Republic and they remind you daily why.  Their willingness to do what they did in 2020 is a new level of low for humanity - because they likely understood the collateral damage but didn't care at all and hid behind "but if we could just save one life!"  But, now we're not?  Covid is gone?  Missed when that happened. 

They have permeated every single level of society and are actively destroying it - because they hate and blame Systemically Racist America for all the world's problems.

They are so gone, they are unable and unwilling to define what a woman is. 

They send drag Queens to elementary schools for some reason yet to be explained here.  

Implementing CRT - Marxism disguised as "We just want to end racism."  Lol ok.

And still want us in masks forever, scared and controlled.  

But sure.  January 6th!!!

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

One Micheal Moore style movie rehashing what everyone already knew from almost two years ago and you’re ready to move to China and declare this country over? 

What a sniveling cowardly response. 

For a guy who proudly didn't watch it, you certainly have drawn some definite conclusions about what was presented.  Good job.  

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

And Covid did no such thing to me btw. 

The realization I live among so many cowards and flat out evil people - I want nothing to do with them.  Ever.  I'm disgusted to live among them - the Cold Civil War is very real.   

They're the greatest threat to this Republic and they remind you daily why.  Their willingness to do what they did in 2020 is a new level of low for humanity - because they likely understood the collateral damage but didn't care at all and hid behind "but if we could just save one life!"  But, now we're not?  Covid is gone?  Missed when that happened. 

They have permeated every single level of society and are actively destroying it - because they hate and blame Systemically Racist America for all the world's problems.

They are so gone, they are unable and unwilling to define what a woman is. 

They send drag Queens to elementary schools for some reason yet to be explained here.  

Implementing CRT - Marxism disguised as "We just want to end racism."  Lol ok.

And still want us in masks forever, scared and controlled.  

But sure.  January 6th!!!

Just give everyone a gun, right? 

10 minutes ago, Buftex said:

For a guy who proudly didn't watch it, you certainly have drawn some definite conclusions about what was presented.  Good job.  

The liberal associated press called it a summer rerun produced by a former news executive.  

The conclusions being drawn here are about reactions… and aside from one poster who actually shared some specifics thus far, the outcome mostly seems to have been to stoke fear in the already afraid sheep who’ve been already cowering in the corner triple masked awaiting Fauci instruction on their pronouns.

The less mailable minded who think for themselves seem to have thus far concluded ’not much new to see here’. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, I’m genuinely curious because people who watch Fox News generally know less about current events than people who watch no news at all. So what’s the purpose?

I’m assuming it’s emotional but would love to hear it from an actual Fox News viewer. 

Can you show why you think Fox news viewers are less informed? I assume it is this study https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/study-watching-fox-news-makes-you-less-informed-than-watching-no-news-at-all-2012-5%3famp

The only issue with this study is it was questions about what was covered on NPR the prior month. Fox news covers different material and in my opinion more important information. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2021/may/19/survey-fox-viewers-better-informed-cnn-msnbc-viewe/

All should look at all the news sources and see what everyone is covering from their own slant, but your gullibility that 8 questions where all groups are less than 50% accurate is very telling.

Jennifer Rubin: 

Return to menu

The challenge for the committee is to tell a coherent story of the entire plot and to dispel the myth that the coup attempt was only about the Capitol assault. The committee has so far succeeded. Its initial telling of the far-flung plot — peppered with new, damning tidbits of Trump’s willful pursuit of power — was breathtaking.

Committee members certainly provided a taste of the magnitude of the plot. Jan. 6 was the “culmination of a coup attempt,” said Thompson. Cheney promised to outline Trump’s seven-part plan to overthrow the election. Her calm, methodical presentation previewed the evidence of Trump’s efforts to pressure state officials, concoct phony electors and induce the Justice Department to assist in overturning the election.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Jennifer Rubin: 

Return to menu

The challenge for the committee is to tell a coherent story of the entire plot and to dispel the myth that the coup attempt was only about the Capitol assault. The committee has so far succeeded. Its initial telling of the far-flung plot — peppered with new, damning tidbits of Trump’s willful pursuit of power — was breathtaking.

Committee members certainly provided a taste of the magnitude of the plot. Jan. 6 was the “culmination of a coup attempt,” said Thompson. Cheney promised to outline Trump’s seven-part plan to overthrow the election. Her calm, methodical presentation previewed the evidence of Trump’s efforts to pressure state officials, concoct phony electors and induce the Justice Department to assist in overturning the election.

Translation: They told you a bedtime story that you really wanted to hear again. 

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Jennifer Rubin: 

Return to menu

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Translation: They told you a bedtime story that you really wanted to hear again. 

I think the network cancels the series after the first season.  The acting is bad and the plot line is both predictable and pedestrian.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

Talk radio guy chimes in with the usual ignorance. You really are a dumb person 

Just now, All_Pro_Bills said:

I think the network cancels the series after the first season.  The acting is bad and the plot line is both predictable and pedestrian.   

Just don't get why the police didn't shoot them.

Americans have become so accustomed to combative hearings hijacked by MAGA zealots that the committee’s coherent and dignified proceeding serves as a reminder that responsible, sane governance is possible. And Cheney cemented her role as an honorable patriot, a living rebuke to her spineless and deceitful fellow Republicans. She and the entire committee’s diligence help restore our faith in democracy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The liberal associated press called it a summer rerun produced by a former news executive.  

The conclusions being drawn here are about reactions… and aside from one poster who actually shared some specifics thus far, the outcome mostly seems to have been to stoke fear in the already afraid sheep who’ve been already cowering in the corner triple masked awaiting Fauci instruction on their pronouns.

The less mailable minded who think for themselves seem to have thus far concluded ’not much new to see here’. 

So, you found one "liberal" source who probably thought they were clever as ***** with the "summer rerun" line...probably wrote it days ago. No doubt, there are many more sources that found the hearing substantive. 

If you were really truly interested, you would have watched.  As I, and others pointed out, there was new info presented.  But, you with your "less mailable mind" aren't open to new information.  Your biggest concern in all of this is whether anyone's opinions are swayed after the first hearing, it seems...not the content, or what was revealed.  Coming to this forum for your "inquiry" will no doubt make you feel like all is well in your closed minded world.

You and your "brothers" here talk about the cowardice of others...it makes me laugh.  You throw your support behind some of the most cowardly politicians we have ever witnessed.  Back to your incells...

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1