The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

1 hour ago, 716er said:

Odds are you won't wait and will fire off this tired trope again and again

Maybe doc conspiracy will prove me wrong.

Stay tuned. But be prepared to be disappointed (again).

• Agree 1

A staffer for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign instructed Republicans planning to cast electoral college votes for Trump in Georgia despite Joe Biden’s victory to operate in “complete secrecy,” an email obtained by The Washington Post shows.

“I must ask for your complete discretion in this process,” wrote Robert Sinners, the campaign’s election operations director for Georgia, the day before the 16 Republicans gathered at the Georgia Capitol to sign certificates declaring themselves duly elected. “Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/06/fake-trump-electors-ga-told-shroud-plans-secrecy-email-shows/

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

A staffer for Donald Trump’s presidential campaign instructed Republicans planning to cast electoral college votes for Trump in Georgia despite Joe Biden’s victory to operate in “complete secrecy,” an email obtained by The Washington Post shows.

“I must ask for your complete discretion in this process,” wrote Robert Sinners, the campaign’s election operations director for Georgia, the day before the 16 Republicans gathered at the Georgia Capitol to sign certificates declaring themselves duly elected. “Your duties are imperative to ensure the end result — a win in Georgia for President Trump — but will be hampered unless we have complete secrecy and discretion.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/06/fake-trump-electors-ga-told-shroud-plans-secrecy-email-shows/

Part of the problem with actually charging some of these people is that a lot of the election crimes require mens rea, which is difficult to prove. 

Evidence that they were asking everyone to work in secret would help with that (why make it secret if you believe it’s legal?) but is by no means dispositive. 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Part of the problem with actually charging some of these people is that a lot of the election crimes require mens rea, which is difficult to prove. 

Evidence that they were asking everyone to work in secret would help with that (why make it secret if you believe it’s legal?) but is by no means dispositive. 

Even if they can't be stuffed in jail, as they deserve to be, it's important to expose them so we pro-republic, patriotic Americans know what these animals tried and who was behind it 

It’d be so much better if people attempted to overturn the results of an election the old fashioned way: make up false stories about a sitting President, circulate those stories to the media and FBI, and then hold an impeachment trial based on the narrative. 👍

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

It’d be so much better if people attempted to overturn the results of an election the old fashioned way: make up false stories about a sitting President, circulate those stories to the media and FBI, and then hold an impeachment trial based on the narrative. 👍

Even if that’s what happened, that would not be overturning an election. It would be influencing the voters before the election. 

Trying to change the results after the election to nullify the voice of the people is a bit different. 

17 hours ago, Doc said:

Have they or the Oath Keepers said that any Republican directed them to do what they did?  Or were they, as we've been saying, just a bunch of idiots who acted on their own but were never a real threat to democracy?

I'm glad to see they've been downgraded to idiots from near hero, patriot status.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

How dumb! 

images-15.jpg.3366a1bff79aa996c5f97e6a6b2cf5b9.jpg

48 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Like I said in the other thread, I'm sure most people now wish they had succeeded.

26 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm glad to see they've been downgraded to idiots from near hero, patriot status.

I won't speak for others but that's how I always viewed the ones who were violent and destructive.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like I said in the other thread, I'm sure most people now wish they had succeeded.

I won't speak for others but that's how I always viewed the ones who were violent and destructive.

How about the bystanders, the people just happy to be part of a mob, the people meandering about the capitol building?

You wish a bunch of violent "idiots" had succeeded in overthrowing the republic? Nice.

• Like (+1) 1

What the January 6 Committee Hearings Won’t Cover
By Julie Kelly

A sham congressional committee working with a corrupt Justice Department boosted by a dishonest national media can only be expected to create political propaganda.

U.S. Representative Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) promises the January 6 Select committee hearings “will tell a story that will blow the roof of the House.” Rep. Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.) insists the committee’s “job is to tell the truth.” Turncoat Republican Rep. Liz Cheney (R-Wyo.) claims her fellow committee members will be “focused on facts, not rhetoric, and we will present those facts without exaggeration, no matter what criticism we face.”

After a year of unrestrained investigation led by seasoned federal prosecutors who interrogated at least 1,000 witnesses and collected hundreds of thousands of documents including records once considered privileged material, the committee will present its findings to the American people beginning with a much-hyped primetime hearing Thursday night. Their bottom-line task is to convince the public that Trump led a “coordinated, multi-step effort to overturn the 2020 presidential election,” according to a committee tweet last week.

To spark interest in the hearing, the committee has hired, at taxpayer expense, a veteran television producer to create a “blockbuster investigative special” featuring clips of the protest and witness interviews.

https://amgreatness.com/2022/06/06/what-the-january-6-committee-hearings-wont-cover/

22 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

How about the bystanders, the people just happy to be part of a mob, the people meandering about the capitol building?

You wish a bunch of violent "idiots" had succeeded in overthrowing the republic? Nice.

LOL!  Get yourself together, then we'll talk.

As if everyone didn't know already.

Democrats Admit the Real Reason for the Sham January 6th Committee

fdf40e09-d583-4ce3-beb4-0d5fe901db75-860

The now 17-month-old event continues to stoke the imaginations of journalists and leftwing partisans everywhere, not because they truly believe the threat to the country was real (a few hundred rioters weren’t overthrowing the government), but because they have nothing else to run on going into November’s mid-terms. January 6th is their Hail Mary. It’s all they’ve got left, and without it, Joe Biden’s disasters domestically and internationally stand alone in the consciousness of the American people.

The New York Times actually penned a piece admitting as much, noting that the committee is hoping to “recast” the mid-term election.

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/06/07/democrats-admit-the-real-reason-for-the-sham-january-6th-committee-n575625

4 minutes ago, DRsGhost said:

And in here as well for the morons who've been played willingly. 

Because the crime of seditious conspiracy does not require guns? This isn't hard. They are charged with a specific crime. If you want to know what that means, look up the law: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/2384

If you want to play media critic and tell people off for how they cover this stuff, go ahead. I'm probably with you on that.

But making up some standard that has no basis in the law and then mocking people for not meeting that arbitrary standard is a pretty weak approach to all of this.

1 minute ago, unbillievable said:

Imagine a world where taking selfies was enough to overthrow a government.

Imagine a world where breaking into the Capitol building and assaulting cops is dismissed as "taking selfies"

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Imagine a world where taking selfies was enough to overthrow a government.

Did your terrorist-babe Babbitt die of a selfie wound? 

1 minute ago, ChiGoose said:

Imagine a world where breaking into the Capitol building and assaulting cops is dismissed as "taking selfies"

Welcome to PPP