The January 6th Commission To Investigate The Insurrection

Tiberius

13 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I am now together.  Proceed with trying to talk your way out of your previous statement.

Talk my way out of what?  Your histrionics?  I called the violent and destructive people "idiots" which means I don't support what they did.  But there was never any threat to the Republic or democracy or even any Congress critter.

15 minutes ago, 716er said:

They claim nobody cares about January 6th yet they won't shut the ***** up about trying to discredit it.

😂

Yeah, it wouldn't have anything to do wth the Show trials being on prime time in 2 days, and the corresponding uptick in media coverage.

This is a "classic case" of 716 reaching Billstime level of illogic 

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Talk my way out of what?  Your histrionics?  I called the violent and destructive people "idiots" which means I don't support what they did.  But there was never any threat to the Republic or democracy or even any Congress critter.

Talk your way out of wishing that violent idiots overturned the results of an election.   Your words, Doc.  No histrionics needed.  These seem like the sentiments of a highly composed individual.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Talk your way out of wishing that violent idiots overturned the results of an election.   Your words, Doc.  No histrionics needed.  These seem like the sentiments of a highly composed individual.

Where did I say that?

48 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Imagine a world where breaking into the Capitol building and assaulting cops is dismissed as "taking selfies"

Some did break in, some even assaulted cops.  Some also were ushered in and took selfies. Seems like both exist in the same world.

23 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

When did he say that?

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We live in the best country in the world and people want to destroy it. And people on this board defend those efforts! Horrible 

Yup.  The ones who want to "fundamentally transform" it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

Some did break in, some even assaulted cops.  Some also were ushered in and took selfies. Seems like both exist in the same world.

When did he say that?

One page ago.  He is sure most people now wish the "non-threat" of the participants of Jan 6 had succeeded.   I will give Doc credit and assume that quip was just another "I hate Biden" joke but then again I have seen a number of violent revolution fantasies described in this forum. 

20 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

One page ago.  He is sure most people now wish the "non-threat" of the participants of Jan 6 had succeeded.   I will give Doc credit and assume that quip was just another "I hate Biden" joke but then again I have seen a number of violent revolution fantasies described in this forum. 

It was pretty clearly a joke that you seem to have intentionally assumed was not. Nice of you to give him credit though.

It was pretty clearly a joke that you seem to have intentionally assumed was not. Nice of you to give him credit though.

It's OK.  This whole J6 thing has people pretty emotional.  You know, "threat to democracy" and all that...

There was more than a little truth behind this joke.  The juxtaposition between "there was no threat" and "wish they had succeeded" is interesting.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

It's OK.  This whole J6 thing has people pretty emotional.  You know, "threat to democracy" and all that...

Calling posts emotional where no emotion is to be found is truly a last resort.  I'm surprised you haven't resorted to "u mad bro" memes. 

13 minutes ago, B-Man said:

A 2 hour protest turned riot is not an insurrection.

No matter how many times you repeat it.

They literally breached the Capitol building. Broke into the offices of members of Congress. Interrupted the certification of the election.

People died.

I get it messes with your worldview, but to handwave this away as basically nothing is irresponsible.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

They literally breached the Capitol building. Broke into the offices of members of Congress. Interrupted the certification of the election.

People died.

I get it messes with your worldview, but to handwave this away as basically nothing is irresponsible.

And is the commission looking into how they were able to breach the Capitol? No, they are not. That should tell you all you need to know. 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

There was more than a little truth behind this joke.  The juxtaposition between "there was no threat" and "wish they had succeeded" is interesting.

The truth was that 2/3 of the country disapprove of the job Joe's been doing.  The joke was saying those people probably wish the "insurrection" had worked.

Calling posts emotional where no emotion is to be found is truly a last resort.  I'm surprised you haven't resorted to "u mad bro" memes. 

Hardly a last resort and totally fitting if you buy the "it was an insurrection and democracy was threatened!" claim.  If you take the emotion out of it, again, it was some idiots who fought with police and/or broke into the Capitol.  Once inside, there were some idiots who destroyed stuff.  But it was mostly a bunch of people milling around, taking pictures and getting bored and leaving without killing any Congress people or overturning any election.  If it had been planned, there would have been weapons, at least. 

But the question that needs to be asked is: 

2 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

And is the commission looking into how they were able to breach the Capitol? No, they are not. That should tell you all you need to know. 

So he didn't make a joke, which you realized but then accused him of wishing the election was overturned anyway?

My bad. 

4 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

People died.

Besides the death of Ashli Babbitt who died? I know it messes with your world view but she is the only one.