2018 draft

dbfla10

I have a hard time believing it's the NFL's best draft ever.

Not sure I even agree with the supposition that Beane hit on "every single player".

I mean, I like Beane but this analysis seems fantastical with a buggy placed squarely in front of the horse.

1 minute ago, Heavy Kevi said:

I have a hard time believing it's the NFL's best draft ever.

Not sure I even agree with the supposition that Beane hit on "every single player".

I mean, I like Beane but this analysis seems fantastical with a buggy placed squarely in front of the horse.

He said “best draft in bills history”

oh

Edited by NewEra

8 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Other than trading up for Edmunds, Harrison Phillips being on the bubble all year....... big stretch to say EVERY pick. Regardless of how you feel on Edmunds, no he hasnt lived up to his draft selection

3 years, 2 pro bowls.  Idk.  He’s lived up to his draft selection and I’m one of his bigger critics. He’s just frustrating because he’s so talented and should be better imo.

he may not live up to the next contract he’s going to receive, but he’s been a good player.  Not every 1st round pick has to be first team all pro to live up to their pick.  It’s not like he was a top 10 pick

• Like (+1) 1

From the sense that we’ve finally landed our franchise QB after 20 odd years? Yes. I still think Josh Allen will deliver us a Championship. I guess you could say it’s one of our best drafts ever for that reason alone.

I think Edmunds has been underwhelming as the QB of our defense but I also think that he is 1.) Playing out of position and 2.) Isn’t being allowed to attack and be aggressive the way he should be. If Edmunds were to walk and play in a different scheme and in a different capacity he could be a much better player than he has been. I have a very low opinion of Leslie Frazier.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Is the 2018 draft the best draft in Bills history, possibly NFL? Beane hit on every single player drafted(Prohl).  

LMAO.

You better check out the 1974 Pittsburgh Steelers draft, Junior.

In fact, the 2018 draft doesn't hold a candle to the Bills 1985 draft.

Edited by Beast
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

In fact, the 2018 draft doesn't hold a candle to the Bills 1985 draft.

While 85 certainly provided two HOFers as well as the greatest backup quarterback of all time (just my opinion, Don Strock would argue,) 87 may have had more talent. Conlan, Odomes, and Ballard were all solid starters for 5+ years and made a couple pro bowls. McKellar, Seales and Muellar all started a few years and provided quality depth when not starting. Add in Cornelius Bennett and it rivals any draft class of any team (not sure if it is fair to add in biscuit or not since he came via trade, but he was part of the 87 draft class.) Clearly both draft classes figured heavily in the run to 4 straight super bowls!

Edited by Steve O

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Other than trading up for Edmunds, Harrison Phillips being on the bubble all year....... big stretch to say EVERY pick. Regardless of how you feel on Edmunds, no he hasnt lived up to his draft selection

No, Edmunds very much has. 

Bills fans pick his game apart, and although I don’t really care about Pro Bowl selections... he’s been chosen for 2 of them in 3 years. So he must be doing something right. The thing us fans get frustrated about is the fact he can get SO MUCH better.

He’s also not even 23 yet. Joe Burrow just turned 24.

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Agree 1

Really? I mean in the sense it brought us Josh, yes. But hit on every pick?

1 - Josh Allen - massive hit

1 - Tremaine Edmunds - hit

3 - Harrison Phillips - jury is out.... I would have said miss as recently as week 14. Put together a decent little period in December and January.

4 - Taron Johnson - hit

5 - Siran Neal - meh... decent special teamer but year 3 and he has been no more than a spot duty backup on D

5 - Wyatt Teller - hit but for someone else

6 - Ray Ray McCloud - miss

7 - Austin Proehl - nepotism. 

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

3 - Harrison Phillips - jury is out.... I would have said miss as recently as week 14. Put together a decent little period in December and January.

4 - Taron Johnson - hit

5 - Siran Neal - meh... decent special teamer but year 3 and he has been no more than a spot duty backup on D

Posts from 2016:

Was the 2014 draft the best Bills draft ever?  Everyone is a contributor!

image.thumb.png.d28c4985ef8b64242823e562fc4fa793.png

22 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

No, Edmunds very much has. 

Bills fans pick his game apart, and although I don’t really care about Pro Bowl selections... he’s been chosen for 2 of them in 3 years. So he must be doing something right. The thing us fans get frustrated about is the fact he can get SO MUCH better.

He’s also not even 23 yet. Joe Burrow just turned 24.

Josh Allen will be 25 at the start of next season.

What does that have to do with anything?  Are we about to ship him off to the glue factory

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

4 - Taron Johnson - hit

how is ray ray mcloud a miss? 6rd pick and this yr was one of the best returners in the League. Thats a hit to me