Texans believe Watson has played his last snap for the team

Penfield45

6 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No it isn't

We all know the one of the reasons he is upset at Houston and I won't get into here because I will be banned.

By all accounts it is because Easterby is insane and has complete control of the team, and he hates Watson for some reason.  It was Easterby who pushed to get rid of Hopkins because he wanted to see Watson fail.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Bear in mind that Schefter is often a shill for the agents.

It is one thing for a team to trade away a pick that might be used to draft a high-potential franchise QB.

It is another thing for a team to trade away an actual, proven, franchise QB

I don't see how a GM or GM/Coach combination could possibly recover from that unless they got a sure-fire franchise QB at least as good or better in return.

Moreover, if they trade Watson, the Texans immediately eat $21.6M of dead cap.  Right now, they're something like $17.6M in the red.

Unless the Texans are tremendously stupid, they tell Watson that they have $21.6M plus 5 contract years of reasons to sit tight and tell him to GTF over his feelings.

Now the Texans HAVE been tremendously stupid, but allegedly those people have left the building.

..then factor in how great a media story it is on top of schefter's schilling..

11 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No it isn't

We all know the one of the reasons he is upset at Houston and I won't get into here because I will be banned.

Yeah, Just Stop.  If you have factual information and sources, give it and give your sources as much as you can. 

If you don't, just don't say anything.

Otherwise you're LAMP-ing and disrupting the thread and that's not OK.

I'm gonna clean up a bunch of stuff here and ask that the rest of you folks just ignore this.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, InEnemyTerritory said:

By all accounts it is because Easterby is insane and has complete control of the team, and he hates Watson for some reason.  It was Easterby who pushed to get rid of Hopkins because he wanted to see Watson fail.

What a mess.

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

We'd all prefer for you to tell us. Please, do it. Help us. 

Political stuff is taboo in this forum.

7 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's a mess and both sides are to blame.

The real problem is, like I just mentioned, is that Houston simply cannot get equal value for him.

All teams know the situation is bad and the Texans cannot get a Herschel Walker-like haul in return.

Usually I agree with this - that a team with a player who has made it clear he wants out cant get good value for him - but not this time. They will be able to get anything they want for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

Jets and Dolphins favorites right now to get him. 

If the Texans trade him to another AFC team I hope their entire franchise goes up in flames. 

Jets and Dolphins are the favorites according to who?  Talking heads or the Texans GM?  

they have the best picks to offer but I can’t see Houston trading him within the Afc.  They got next to nothing for hopkins just so they didn’t have to trade him to the Afc.  Different GM, but I’d have to think that the owner has a little say in the matter.  Can’t trade him to the Afc.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

It's a mess and both sides are to blame.

The real problem is, like I just mentioned, is that Houston simply cannot get equal value for him.

All teams know the situation is bad and the Texans cannot get a Herschel Walker-like haul in return.

I mean Deshaun is to blame for demanding a trade basically but they drew first blood.

Just now, whatdrought said:

Usually I agree with this - that a team with a player who has made it clear he wants out cant get good value for him - but not this time. They will be able to get anything they want for him. 

They’ll get a haul because of the bidding war.  But it won’t be equal value.  There is none.  There are like 5 guys on the planet with his proven ability.

• Agree 1

I'm sure the Dolphins are a "favorite" not sure how the Jets are considering Watson has final say on where he goes. 

Just know plenty of teams in the NFC need a QB.  

Bears 

Eagles 

WFT

Carolina 

49ers 

Giants

Basically the whole conference minus Green Bay and Tampa

Guaranteed the Cardinals would swap Murray for him.  Or consider it strongly.