Bills vs. Ravens Week 14 December 8, 2019 Good Recap Video

Nextmanup

If anyone hears about the NFL network re-airing this game some time this week, please mention it!  

I would love to see this game again in its entirety.

This is a pretty good synopsis; 9 minutes + long.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The two things I remember from this game were our offensive line struggling and our receivers getting mugged all day without the officials calling anything.

Luckily we have a couple more receivers who can play a little stronger in Diggs and Davis. And Allen is better.

I don't see why the Ravens will play it differently. I'm sure they will be trying to mug our receivers again.

I just watched the 47-3 Ravens game and last year's game. Allen was Terrible in that game last year. He was Terrible.
But if that's Diggs instead of Brown at the end, we tie the game. Brown is soft and doesn't fight for positioning.
But our D was a little better last year.
I feel confident going into this game. The Ravens will be really confident after recent history. I like that position for us. McDermott and Allen are very hungry to beat the Ravens.
It's going to be a good one, but I think it's going to be a big win for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I just watched the 47-3 Ravens game and last year's game. Allen was Terrible in that game last year. He was Terrible.
But if that's Diggs instead of Brown at the end, we tie the game. Brown is soft and doesn't fight for positioning.
But our D was a little better last year.
I feel confident going into this game. The Ravens will be really confident after recent history. I like that position for us. McDermott and Allen are very hungry to beat the Ravens.
It's going to be a good one, but I think it's going to be a big win for the Bills.

It's true. I'm sure they both remember getting abused by them two seasons ago, and they couldn't get the job done last season despite a good game plan to stop Jackson. They should be hungrier than anyone to beat the Ravens.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BUFFALOBART said:

A sloppy contest, and Allen was awful.

If the Raven's are status quo relative to last year, we should win this game.

Poyer said that his film study of last year's game and this year shows they're doing the same things.

• Like (+1) 1

A few things to pull just from watching highlights

-We still can't cover tight ends.

-Have to contain and bring pressure from outside rather than inside (Pretty obvious).

-Allen is night and day compared to last year.

-Man I miss having a full stadium and hearing that crowd noise.

X-factor players for this coming game?

Milano and John Brown no question

2 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

If Buffalo can play defense like that, they win.  Allen is light years ahead of his play from this game last year

With two more killer receivers in Diggs and Davis.

Honestly Gabe is a legit NFL force now.  Huge catch radius, sticky hands, smart feet, blocks well, does it all.  The kid had no preseason games and limited targets and all he does is show that he should have been AT LEAST a 2nd round pick and maybe a 1st rounder. 

2 minutes ago, TUBSTER said:

-Have to contain and bring pressure from outside rather than inside (Pretty obvious).

Trent Murphy in for the injured Daryl Johnson is an X factor as well.  I'm certain we will see him and I expect some impact plays from the veteran like last year in the playoffs.  Also will see McKenzie and Yeldon on a few gadget plays the Ravens havent seen yet.  Daboll didn't call anything ballsy last game and it almost cost us the season.   Thank God for the dozen drops and the Ghost of Ralph flyin around out there on defense whacking balls.

50 minutes ago, TUBSTER said:

Maybe that's the x factor, but the y factor is SNOW.  I can''t wait to see Lamar Jackson try to make some of his cuts

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

Honestly Gabe is a legit NFL force now.  Huge catch radius, sticky hands, smart feet, blocks well, does it all.  The kid had no preseason games and limited targets and all he does is show that he should have been AT LEAST a 2nd round pick and maybe a 1st rounder. 

Trent Murphy in for the injured Daryl Johnson is an X factor as well.  I'm certain we will see him and I expect some impact plays from the veteran like last year in the playoffs.  Also will see McKenzie and Yeldon on a few gadget plays the Ravens havent seen yet.  Daboll didn't call anything ballsy last game and it almost cost us the season.   Thank God for the dozen drops and the Ghost of Ralph flyin around out there on defense whacking balls.

I thought the play calling was slightly vanilla as well.  I'd like to see some sweeps and what not as well. 

Milano is my X factor on defense because I think he is the one wild card who can impact a game for better or for worse more than any other player on this team.  White, Poyer, Hyde, and Jerry are guys you know what you're getting every single down, Milano on the other hand is sort of a wild card.  In a game that is going to be dominated by the TE's and running attack by Baltimore, Milano has to come up huge for us all game to be successful on defense. 

20 minutes ago, Utah John said:

Maybe that's the x factor, but the y factor is SNOW.  I can''t wait to see Lamar Jackson try to make some of his cuts

Lets see if this weather affects his game at all.  I really hope it does, that would be a lovely bonus 😆

The O-Line has to hold up better than in that game.

Allen needs to watch those highlights as a reminder to get rid of the football a bit sooner, and not leave us in quite so many difficult down and distance plays. I'm confident he will do so, as he's done it for the majority of the season so far.

Singletary should watch that too, as he made some good runs, offering hope we can run 'enough' to keep the Ravens D a bit more honest, rather than just pinning their ears back.

One thing I noticed (again) is that Jackson does a good job of getting out of bounds, when he sees his run is likely to end. A good self-preservation attitude from a QB who runs a lot.

6 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Was he injured?

5 hours ago, TUBSTER said:

I thought the play calling was slightly vanilla as well.  I'd like to see some sweeps and what not as well. 

Milano is my X factor on defense because I think he is the one wild card who can impact a game for better or for worse more than any other player on this team.  White, Poyer, Hyde, and Jerry are guys you know what you're getting every single down, Milano on the other hand is sort of a wild card.  In a game that is going to be dominated by the TE's and running attack by Baltimore, Milano has to come up huge for us all game to be successful on defense. 

I also thought the offensive play-calling was vanilla.  Hopefully Daboll was holding-back.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BUFFALOBART said:

Allen had no one to throw the long ball to in that game. Knox made one grab, but we can see the X factor, that Diggs provides to this team, relative to last year. If Allen stays upright, and if we can contain Jackson, I like our chances.

Yup.  If they're doing the same things offensively, while the Bills' offensive is a totally different beast this year, and they lost by just a TD, I think the Bills have a great chance to beat them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

55 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Allen had no one to throw the long ball to in that game. Knox made one grab, but we can see the X factor, that Diggs provides to this team, relative to last year. If Allen stays upright, and if we can contain Jackson, I like our chances.

Noticed that we had no one to throw to....yet Allen still met it close - that ravens team was way better than this one too

Allen has improved so much and we have some major upgrades weapons he didn’t have that year.  

I stick with my 31-21 prediction - even say that ravens get a late TD to make it look closer than it is

4 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

Chris Brown said it best on WGR today, we shredded Miami with the pass and both their corners are better than anything the Ravens have at that position.  Their cover guys are solid but not elite by any means.

This game is on our OL.

If they give Allen enough time to trow, we have a lot of chances to win.

The Allen cadence, trying to identificate where the blitz is coming is going to be huge too.