Anybody near Ellicottville?

Simon

Wondering if the bars are open in town, particularly the porch upstairs at Madigan's.

I've got an overwhelming compulsion to be with my peeps on Saturday night and am considering a roadtrip.

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Simon said:

Wondering if the bars are open in town, particularly the porch upstairs at Madigan's.

I've got an overwhelming compulsion to be with my peeps on Saturday night and am considering a roadtrip.

Last I knew bars had to be closed by 10 pm

Edit: Yes I confirmed, bars have to close at 10 pm

Edited by Brennan Huff
  • Like (+1) 1

• Simon changed the title to Anybody near Ellicottville?
1 hour ago, Simon said:

How in the world is it possible that a Global Moderator can't come up with a better plan?! You should be In The Stands....

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

To much snow in Ellicottville, my peeps would freeze

Is that what you call them?

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, T&C said:

How in the world is it possible that a Global Moderator can't come up with a better plan?! You should be In The Stands....

I'm not a season ticket holder and live just far enough away that I don't know a single Bills fan.

My buddy has a house in E-ville that I can use  so it seemed like the best plan to get myself into a pack of rabid, beer-swilling, zubaz-loving lunatics.

8 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm not a season ticket holder and live just far enough away that I don't know a single Bills fan.

My buddy has a house in E-ville that I can use  so it seemed like the best plan to get myself into a pack of rabid, beer-swilling, zubaz-loving lunatics.

I see... I'm more into avoiding the crowds nowadays so the only one who has to hear my cries of joy or growls of sadness are the wife and one cat and one Nelson milk snake. Plus, she puts out a pretty good arrangement of food so yeah, we differ here. As a bonus, I have a large yard to either puke in or raise the flag. A pisser with only our funk being deployed works too. 

We don't differ much at all. I hate people crowds, haven't been in a bar in about a year and watch every Bills game with just my dog.

But I've been getting an itch to have beer spilled all over me and jump up onto tables in the midst of screaming red and blue mayhem. 0:)

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

We don't differ much at all. I hate people crowds, haven't been in a bar in about a year and watch every Bills game with just my dog.

But I've been getting an itch to have beer spilled all over me and jump up onto tables in the midst of screaming red and blue mayhem0:)

Oh... we differ quite a bit lol. Enjoy the game wherever that may be.

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

But I've been getting an itch to have beer spilled all over me and jump up onto tables in the midst of screaming red and blue mayhem. 0:)

I got tired of watching every game with just my dog. 

So I got another dog.  🤷‍♂️

Actually, I did go to a bar for the Thursday night game on NBC because NBC (even streaming!) was blocked in my specific area over a contract dispute. I was NOT missing the game. Bills bar a mile from the house full of Bills fans. I hung back on the rear fringes, but it sure did feel good to get a taste of that energy again! More than just human interaction, BILLS FANS during a game!  Only my second Uber adventure in about a year, which is hard to imagine.....

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

:lol:

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

it sure did feel good to get a taste of that energy again! More than just human interaction, BILLS FANS during a game!

You know that's what I'm talking about, my friend!

19 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Do you live in New York?

Don't worry about it.....

23 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

If I had scored tickets for Saturday was kind of planning on posting up there after the test to hit the slopes for a couple days. Bagged the December weekend we had scheduled there 😞

Yeah, Saturday morning faceplants followed by Saturday night beers and Bills sounds like a winner. 

Don't give up on this winter; there's still time to lacerate a spleen. :thumbsup:

22 minutes ago, Simon said:

Yeah, Saturday morning faceplants followed by Saturday night beers and Bills sounds like a winner. 

Don't give up on this winter; there's still time to lacerate a spleen. :thumbsup:

Survived 3 days in Montana last week in one piece! Lots of beers as well! I’m practically in mid season form!

48 minutes ago, Augie said:

Actually, I did go to a bar for the Thursday night game on NBC because NBC (even streaming!) was blocked in my specific area over a contract dispute. I was NOT missing the game. Bills bar a mile from the house full of Bills fans. I hung back on the rear fringes, but it sure did feel good to get a taste of that energy again! More than just human interaction, BILLS FANS during a game!  Only my second Uber adventure in about a year, which is hard to imagine.....

There's a 10 pm curfew here, so I can't go out for any night games.  However, I go to my local Bills bar in NoVa, for every other game.  I have a few reasons for this:

1) The energy.

2) Social distancing allows me a LOT of room to jump around in circles, screaming my head off, and being generally overreactionary.

3) Noise complaints in my condo building (see number 2).

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Survived 3 days in Montana last week in one piece! Lots of beers as well! I’m practically in mid season form!

Nice! 

I bet that was a hard place to leave.

3 hours ago, Simon said:

bars are open, but have to close by 10 pm.  My guess is that the 10 pm curfew time will be extended this Saturday

4 minutes ago, ALLEN1QB said:

taking a road trip during a pandemic what could possibly go wrong

I logged over 8,000 road miles in the truck this summer.

Worst thing that happened is I ended up camped in a place where I was 14 miles from bags of ice.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Do you live in New York? If not, I believe you have to quarantine when entering the state.

Simons been staying with a friend of mine in West Valley. ( 10 miles away )

My friend smokes pot allot so Simon might be stoned.

I'm just saying...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Figster said:

Simons been staying with a friend of mine in West Valley. ( 10 miles away )

My friend smokes pot allot so Simon might be stoned.

I'm just saying...

Whew, these boys out here can FARM.......

• Haha (+1) 3

Since NY bars are out and none of you sonsabitches would invite me to your parties, I came up with an alternative plan.

I've got a bunch of big, ugly Stiller fans that hate the Ravens coming over to spill beer and holler at the television with  me tonight.

Pittsburgh's got our backs this week!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1