Shout is still it, sorry Benny

Teddy KGB

He didn't try to replace the shower song so I don't even know what the big deal is

Him (griselda) are the most famous musical artists currently from the city and he supports the city and made a music video, that's it lol

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He didn't try to replace the shower song so I don't even know what the big deal is

Him (griselda) are the most famous musical artists currently from the city and he supports the city and made a music video, that's it lol

The original thread stated it was the new shout song. The poster who made that thread started this narrative, I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

The original thread stated it was the new shout song. The poster who made that thread started this narrative, I guess.

It was my speculation and they played it in the stadium yesterday. It's going to be played and I expect it to be a staple. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yep.  I watched the podcast with a Maddie and Mrs Pegula that had Benny on. Then I checked out his latest cd. Wow, gangster thug rap at it’s best. It was so filled with f bombs and things that I could never see the Pegulas using his stuff. They like him as a huge Bills fan and supporter but I can’t see his “ music” every replacing a classic like shout !  😀😂

5 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Yep.  I watched the podcast with a Maddie and Mrs Pegula that had Benny on. Then I checked out his latest cd. Wow, gangster thug rap at it’s best. It was so filled with f bombs and things that I could never see the Pegulas using his stuff. They like him as a huge Bills fan and supporter but I can’t see his “ music” every replacing a classic like shout !  😀😂

But guess who listens to that kind of music

Every player on the bills. And they (griselda) give back to the community

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That was annoying it was a nice bit of fan appreciation and the poster had to put their own spin on it. Because for some reason there is a group of people that want to replace that song.

14 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

It was a collaborative effort with the Bills.

11 hours ago, Sundancer said:

It was my speculation and they played it in the stadium yesterday. It's going to be played and I expect it to be a staple. 

You said you expect it to replace the shout song. 

When I heard the full version, I could totally see it being played often in the stadium. However, I'll be surprised if it replaces the shout song, being played after every TD/win.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

But guess who listens to that kind of music

Every player on the bills. And they (griselda) give back to the community

You know who surprisingly was a huge fan, was acting all  groupie like during the podcast segment , said they were a huge fan of his latest cd which prompted me to go to his website and check it out,,,,,,,,,yep,,,,,,Maddy Glab!   Demure, petite , really cute voice of Bills post game and podcast!!!!   She is a super fan of rap , knew his whole catalogue ,said that cd was all she was listening too !  She was so overwhelmed , fanboy / fan girl like that Mrs Pegula had to clam her down and reign her in during the live segment with Benny! . Hey , I like his dedication to the Bills. I love rock and almost every other type of music except a large amount of rap with lyrics degrading women ( songs like WAP etc, ), glorifying.violence against police, etc if you get my drift., and I was surprised how tasteless his lyrics were and even the underlying bass beat lines were not that great imho.

Maddy was trying to get pegula to commit to having Benny come over to the facility and collaborate or do live music on the podcast!  It was funny as Pegula politely would not commit as she was meeting Benny for the first time. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when she listened to his latest release!  She strikes me a a super nice , open minded woman but she also has a conservative business side in a multi billion dollar industry. it was an interesting segment if you missed it. Hey if he can come up with something Bills and family oriented, I would listen and wish him success. Just not sure that fits his style and I am sure that most recent cd, while listened to by players, won’t have any tracks played over the PA in Bills stadium ! 😀😊😉

16 minutes ago, DrPJax said:

You know who surprisingly was a huge fan, was acting all  groupie like during the podcast segment , said they were a huge fan of his latest cd which prompted me to go to his website and check it out,,,,,,,,,yep,,,,,,Maddy Glab!   Demure, petite , really cute voice of Bills post game and podcast!!!!   She is a super fan of rap , knew his whole catalogue ,said that cd was all she was listening too !  She was so overwhelmed , fanboy / fan girl like that Mrs Pegula had to clam her down and reign her in during the live segment with Benny! . Hey , I like his dedication to the Bills. I love rock and almost every other type of music except a large amount of rap with lyrics degrading women ( songs like WAP etc, ), glorifying.violence against police, etc if you get my drift., and I was surprised how tasteless his lyrics were and even the underlying bass beat lines were not that great imho.

Maddy was trying to get pegula to commit to having Benny come over to the facility and collaborate or do live music on the podcast!  It was funny as Pegula politely would not commit as she was meeting Benny for the first time. I wish I could be a fly on the wall when she listened to his latest release!  She strikes me a a super nice , open minded woman but she also has a conservative business side in a multi billion dollar industry. it was an interesting segment if you missed it. Hey if he can come up with something Bills and family oriented, I would listen and wish him success. Just not sure that fits his style and I am sure that most recent cd, while listened to by players, won’t have any tracks played over the PA in Bills stadium ! 😀😊😉

I don't think benny cares. He knows he doesn't make radio music , him and pegula want money

And Maddy probably did her homework and was kissing just some butt

i don't doubt she knows who he is and has listened to him but something tells me coke rap is not her genre of music.. she's basically a journalist, so doing some homework on Benny would be in the best interest of her job

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

You said you expect it to replace the shout song. 

I do but I'm just some fan on the Internet. What do you want me to do, sell my firstborn if I'm wrong? 

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

When I heard the full version, I could totally see it being played often in the stadium. However, I'll be surprised if it replaces the shout song, being played after every TD/win.

The Shout song is an old remake of an older song. The time has come to change it. They changed the uniforms twice, they can certainly change the TD song. 

6 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

can you take this to the ppp or twitter ? 

Just the facts man. Old white dudes are not down for rap. Not a racism accusation just a fact. 

Don't know a lot of black dudes who listen to Glenn Miller either, and women don't dominate the first person shooter video game market. You can make predictions based on certain demos. 

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

I do but I'm just some fan on the Internet. What do you want me to do, sell my firstborn if I'm wrong? 

The Shout song is an old remake of an older song. The time has come to change it. They changed the uniforms twice, they can certainly change the TD song. 

We all know what the shout song is.

You're just coming off as immature and defensive about this. It's not that big of a deal.

You also pointed out the roadblock this song will face if it wants to replace the shout song. Benny's song represents more of a niche genre of music. It's obviously not going to be embraced by all, whereas the shout song has been.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, DrPJax said:

The songs on his CD is not the song he made for the team.  Did you hear any cursing or anything in the Bills song?  And when did the team announce the Shout song was going away?  Calm down.  Lord have mercy. 🙃

18 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

We all know what the shout song is.

You're just coming off as immature and defensive about this. It's not that big of a deal.

You also pointed out the roadblock this song will face if it wants to replace the shout song. Benny's song represents more of a niche genre of music. It's obviously not going to be embraced by all, whereas the shout song has been.

A billion dollar “niche” worldwide.   It’s good for the organization to embrace Benny.  He’s a prominent fan of the team, from town, and musical artists can drive cultural capital in ways other prominent fans (actors and journalists and politicians) cannot; which can lead to more merchandising sales in the future.   It also connects the team with their younger and diverse fans who are the customers of the future.  

it’s a great move now particularly because the Bills are winning and have stars in Allen and Diggs, with outgoing personalities, who are also exciting to watch.   Bills could get popular outside of sports circles.  Benny is a potential help with that.  Shout song won’t go away.   It’s a tradition.  Benny is business.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, purple haze said:

A billion dollar “niche” worldwide.   It’s good for the organization to embrace Benny.  He’s a prominent fan of the team, from town, and musical artists can drive cultural capital in ways other prominent fans (actors and journalists and politicians) cannot; which can lead to more merchandising sales in the future.   It also connects the team with their younger and diverse fans who are the customers of the future.  

it’s a great move now particularly because the Bills are winning and have stars in Allen and Diggs, with outgoing personalities, who are also exciting to watch.   Bills could get popular outside of sports circles.  Benny is a potential help with that.  Shout song won’t go away.   It’s a tradition.  Benny is business.

Yes, definitely a niche. It's not a general jingle that will catch on with everyone regardless of music taste. The shout song is akin to those songs everyone dances to at weddings, like it or not...and I agree with all of this. The potential is there.

Benny "never had a bad verse". Guy is so good, but yeah I think that other poster fully drove the narrative about it being a Shout song replacement. The video was intended to promote his new Buffalo Bills themed t shirt.

Cannibal Corpse

Griselda

Goo Goo Dolls

Rick James

Quite the interesting mix of nationally known acts, Buffalo, well done.

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Yes, definitely a niche. It's not a general jingle that will catch on with everyone regardless of music taste. The shout song is akin to those songs everyone dances to at weddings, like it or not...and I agree with all of this. The potential is there.

Shout is the Chicken Dance. 

I don't hate it. It's just old. Keep it around but make a new era.