Gotta hand it to the colts...they are better then I thought

Just now, Green Lightning said:

This game pointed out the need for an edge that can actually get pressure on a QB and someone, anyone, that can actually cover a TE. The Bills haven't covered TEs for 20 years.

That’s why we drafted Edwards, I thought.

1 minute ago, Success said:

The Bills can't keep putting it ALL on Allen.  He really came through today, as he always does - but up 24-10 with a quarter to play?  His job should be over.

No they can't. Steelers at home will be really difficult aswell. I sense that the pressure is off the away teams when they come in. Still would want to play that game but it would be tough. 

2 minutes ago, london_bills said:

No they can't. Steelers at home will be really difficult aswell. I sense that the pressure is off the away teams when they come in. Still would want to play that game but it would be tough. 

Good point about away teams this year.  24-10 looks a lot different to the Colts with a full stadium of fans, rockin' out.  

10 minutes ago, Success said:

The Bills can't keep putting it ALL on Allen.  He really came through today, as he always does - but up 24-10 with a quarter to play?  His job should be over.

Yes, yes they can - when they do, we win.  He's going to be our highest payed player.  He's maybe, our BEST player.  Put it on him for like another 3 games and I bet he'll continue to rise to the occasion.

Not saying I don't want to see other players stepping up, but please, Josh is the guy, his job ain't over until the clock hits 00:00.

:beer:

Edited by Heitz

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Made us more one dimensional then we already are....their special teams also played very well.......

They have a decent team

This game reinforced the fact that it isn’t going to be any easier going forward, the next three games are going to be very hard to win, nothing but good teams left to play, also a bit of a wake up call for our O & D lines and their coaches. 

Still, a good win! 

Go Bills!!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Success said:

Taking nothing away from Rivers, who was masterful, the defense MUST play better for us timbale a chance moving forward.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yes, yes they can - when they do, we win.  He's going to be our highest payed player.  He's maybe, our BEST player.  Put it on him for like another 3 games and I bet he'll continue to rise to the occasion.

Not saying I don't want to see other players stepping up, but please, Josh is the guy, his job ain't over until the clock hits 00:00.

:beer:

When they play against teams whose quarterbacks also bring it then we need the defense to step up. We could lose a close shoot out unless the defense can be like the last stretch of games. 

It really bothers me when we attribute good defensive play on the opposition's part to a bad game on our part and vice versa.  I watched...with my heart in my throat most of the game...two really good teams go toe-to-toe.   We had to earn every yard against their D.  We had a couple missed tackles and a blown coverage on our end, but our D made the plays when they had to at the end of both halves.  Both QBs were excellent.  Their O line was more solid than ours.  Give credit where credit is due to both teams.  It was a good game and I'm so glad we came out on the winning end.

• Like (+1) 1

I agree...they played very well and very disciplined and made us work for everything all day. Allen made a bunch of plays off schedule and hit 2 deep shots to Diggs when they were there.

Reminded me a lot of the Bills with their make you work for it approach on D and they stuck with their running game even though the Bills shut it down mostly through 3 quarters and it paid off bigtime in the 4th with 3 big runs.

Overall a very good team that just came up a little short.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Made us more one dimensional then we already are....their special teams also played very well.......

They have a decent team

I have watched them a lot because a good friend is a colts fan. They played a solid game usually struggle in second half but they had a great game plan